Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the second play take place?
(a) Hours after Agamemnon's death.
(b) Several years after Agamemnon's death.
(c) Several days after Agamemnon's death.
(d) Weeks after Agamemnon's death.
2. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) On foot.
(b) On horse back.
(c) In a chariot.
(d) In a horse-cart.
3. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
(a) The chorus.
(c) Their benevolence.
4. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
(a) Never tell anyone what they witnessed.
(b) Pray to the gods.
(c) Make offerings for Agamemnon's soul.
(d) Keep to their place.
5. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She has been loyal and faithful.
(b) She is pregnant with his child.
(c) She does not wish to see him.
(d) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
6. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) A ship.
(b) A moonbeam.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) An arrow.
7. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
(b) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
(c) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
(d) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
8. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
9. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
(a) She is unsure if she is truly her father's daughter.
(b) She is unsure of whether to mourn her father.
(c) She is unsure of where to go when she runs away.
(d) She is unsure of how to pray.
10. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
11. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
(b) The fall of Troy.
(c) The death of Achilles.
(d) The kidnapping of Helen.
12. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) The ghost of her daughter is following her.
(b) Aegisthus is preparing to murder her.
(c) Orestes has returned.
(d) Agamemnon and Cassandra are murdered.
13. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) A book of verse.
(b) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(c) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(d) Orestes' sword.
14. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
(a) She has ended the curse.
(b) She is merely continuing the curse.
(c) She has awakened the Furies.
(d) She has begun another curse.
15. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
2. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
3. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
4. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
5. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)