|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Blasphemous offerings.
(b) Maidens to pray.
(c) Offerings to the gods.
2. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(b) A new baby.
(c) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(d) An old man.
3. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are dismissive of her.
(b) They are in awe of her.
(c) They are repulsed by her.
(d) They sympathize with her.
4. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
(a) The offerings come from a detached subject.
(b) The offerings come from a loyal follower.
(c) The offerings come from Electra as an angry daughter.
(d) The offerings come from Clytemnestra as a loving wife .
5. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) Her own freedom.
(b) Her mother's salvation.
(c) The death of her father's murderers.
(d) The return of her family.
6. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
7. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
8. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
(a) Allow Aegisthus to rule Mycenae.
(b) Allow her son to return.
(c) Allow Agamemnon to be buried without any offerings made to the gods.
(d) Allow her to retire.
9. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
10. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
11. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) A book of verse.
(b) His sister's letters.
(c) His sword.
(d) A lock of his hair.
12. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
(a) Pray to the gods.
(b) Never tell anyone what they witnessed.
(c) Make offerings for Agamemnon's soul.
(d) Keep to their place.
13. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
(b) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
(c) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(d) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
14. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
(a) She has ended the curse.
(b) She has begun another curse.
(c) She has awakened the Furies.
(d) She is merely continuing the curse.
15. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is more humbling.
(b) He believes it is grander.
(c) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
(d) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
2. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
3. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
4. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
5. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)