Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Play 1, Part 1 (p. 111-124)
1. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
3. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
6. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
7. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
8. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
9. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
10. In the first...
This section contains 2,296 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)