|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
2. What confuses Orestes about Clytemnestra's orders for the tomb?
(a) He does not know why she is desecrating the tomb.
(b) He does not know why she does not perform the ritual herself.
(c) He does not know why libations must be poured over it.
(d) He does not know why she cares.
3. Where does the second part of "The Eumenides" take place?
4. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
5. How is Aegisthus related to the house of Atreus?
(a) He is the husband of Atreus's daughter.
(b) He is the nephew of Atreus.
(c) He is the cousin of Atreus.
(d) He is the son of Atreus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
2. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
3. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
4. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
5. Why does Apollo claim that Clytemnestra needed to be killed?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)