|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Apollo tell the court about his decree to Orestes?
(a) He was not acting upon any other's will but his own.
(b) He favored Agamemnon and was avenging his death.
(c) He cursed Clytemnestra and was passing on judgment.
(d) He was passing on Zeus's judgment about justice.
2. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
(a) A red cloth.
(b) A gold cloth.
(c) A white cloth.
(d) A purple cloth.
3. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
4. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
(a) He meekly agrees.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He threatens them violently.
(d) He goes back inside.
5. What do the Furies complain about when they awaken in the beginning of "The Eumenides"?
(a) The elder gods.
(b) The younger gods.
(d) The Ancients.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
2. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
3. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
4. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
5. What does Orestes realize about his mother's dream?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)