|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
(a) He does not know if he should kill himself after his revenge.
(b) He does not know if Zeus is truly watching.
(c) He does not know whether he should kill his mother or spare her.
(d) He does not know whether he should kill his sister.
2. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(b) An oracle.
3. What will be the first action taken when Orestes and Pylades infiltrate the palace?
(a) Cilissa will be alerted.
(b) Aegisthus will be killed.
(c) Electra will be guided to safety.
(d) Clytemnestra will be killed.
4. According to Apollo in the first part of the third play, where must Orestes travel?
5. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(b) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(c) Orestes' sword.
(d) A book of verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
2. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
3. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
4. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
5. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)