|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
2. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
(a) The chorus.
(b) Their benevolence.
3. What does Aegisthus claim after his entrance in "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) He is the wisest man in Mycenae.
(b) He is thrice blessed by the gods.
(c) He cannot be fooled.
(d) He is the father of Orestes.
4. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
(b) Erinyes or Furies.
5. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the oracle?
2. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
3. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
4. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
5. Why does Clytemnestra grieve after the false news of her son's death?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)