|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
2. What ends up freeing Orestes from the Furies at the end of "The Eumenides"?
(a) Athena's vote for Orestes breaks the tie in the Areopagus.
(b) Agamemnon's spirit asks the Furies to pursue him in Orestes' place.
(c) The Areopagus votes for Orestes.
(d) Clytemnestra's spirit pleads for her son's freedom.
3. According to Apollo in the first part of the third play, where must Orestes travel?
4. What does Clytemnestra wish for herself and her country at the end of the Agamemnon?
(a) She wishes to retire as queen.
(b) She wishes to have another child to take over for her.
(c) She wishes to conquer the next city.
(d) She wishes to live peacefully.
5. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important that Athena know about Orestes' familial relations?
2. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
3. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
4. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
5. Whose ghost is urging the Eumenides to chase Orestes?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)