|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) King Priam is invading.
(b) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(c) Agamemnon has died.
(d) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
2. To whom does the oracle pray after her vision in the beginning of The Eumenides?
3. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
(a) The chorus.
(c) Their benevolence.
4. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
(a) The death of Aegisthus.
(b) Menelaus's vengeance on Cltemnestra.
(c) Her brother's return.
(d) Her mother's forgiveness.
5. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) The crest of her family.
(b) Her royal jewelry.
(c) Her long hair.
(d) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
2. According to Apollo in the first part of the third play, where must Orestes travel?
3. How is Aegisthus related to the house of Atreus?
4. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
5. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)