|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is an inexperienced queen.
(b) She is not faithful to her husband.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She is not a holy woman.
2. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
3. Where does the action of the third part of "The Libation Bearers" take place?
(a) In front of the palace.
(b) Inside the temple to Zeus.
(c) Inside the palace.
(d) At Agamemnon's tomb.
4. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Someone will return to Mycenae and right all the wrongs.
(b) She will ascend to Mount Olympus.
(c) Agamemnon will die.
(d) She will overpower her would-be murderer.
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
2. About whom was the oracle's vision?
3. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
4. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
5. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)