|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
(a) Pylades' pack.
(b) Offerings to the gods.
(c) Orestes and Pylades' footprints.
(d) A campfire.
2. Whose ghost is urging the Eumenides to chase Orestes?
3. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Their support of Cassandra.
(b) Their reliance on the gods to intervene.
(c) Underestimating her because of her gender.
(d) Their ignorance about politics.
4. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is Helen's half sister.
(b) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(c) She is a priestess of Athena.
(d) She is a Trojan princess.
5. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
(a) He claims to have bested Apollo in a competition.
(b) He claims to have killed Cassandra.
(c) He claims to have planned Agamemnon's death.
(d) He claims to have killed Agamemnon.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
2. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
3. What does Athena decide about the case presented to her by Orestes and the Furies?
4. What does Athena name the judges who will vote on whether Orestes is guilty or not in the last part of the third play?
5. Why should Apollo's claim about the nature of parenthood appeal to Athena?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)