|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
(b) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(c) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
(d) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
2. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
(b) He is very happy with it.
(c) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(d) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
3. What false news does the disguised Orestes give Clytemnestra?
(a) Electra is dead.
(b) Orestes is dead.
(c) Electra has run away.
(d) Orestes is returning.
4. What do the Furies demand to know in court from Orestes?
(a) They demand he explain what he did and why.
(b) They demand to know why he was exiled for so many years.
(c) They demand to know how he keeps getting favored by the gods.
(d) They demand to know whether he loved his mother or not.
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Apollo appear at his altar?
2. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
3. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
4. For what does Clytemnestra particularly take offense with the chorus while reveling in her triumph?
5. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)