|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main conflict between Athena and the Furies?
(a) The Furies believe Athena is unfavorably judging them.
(b) The Furies wish for Athena to join them.
(c) They argue about whether the old gods or young gods are more relevant.
(d) The Furies want to overthrow Zeus, but Athena will not allow them.
2. Why does Clytemnestra grieve after the false news of her son's death?
(a) Orestes is the only hope of breaking the family curse.
(b) She regrets banishing him..
(c) She regrets her treatment of Electra.
(d) Orestes was the only child she loved.
3. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They are joyous.
(c) They grieve for their king.
(d) They believe he got what he deserved.
4. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) The return of her family.
(b) The death of her father's murderers.
(c) Her own freedom.
(d) Her mother's salvation.
5. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His captive, Cassandra.
(b) His continued fealty to his people.
(c) Victory with Troy.
(d) His continued piety to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
2. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
3. What do the Furies celebrate in poem and dance in the second part of "The Eumenides"?
4. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
5. For what does the herald thank the gods?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)