|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Furies tell Apollo about their hunt for Orestes?
(a) It is their right to avenge the death of Iphigenia upon anyone connected.
(b) It is their right to hunt whom they please.
(c) It is their right to hunt someone who has left his sister an orphan.
(d) It is their right to punish those who murder their mothers.
2. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
(a) He does not know if Zeus is truly watching.
(b) He does not know if he should kill himself after his revenge.
(c) He does not know whether he should kill his mother or spare her.
(d) He does not know whether he should kill his sister.
3. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) In trees.
(b) On top of mountains.
(c) In caves.
(d) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
4. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
(b) Family servants who have been with them for years.
(c) Female Trojans whom Agamemnon took prisoner.
(d) Priestesses of Apollo.
5. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) In a chariot.
(b) On foot.
(c) On horse back.
(d) In a horse-cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
2. What does Orestes claim has taken away the sin of his mother's murder away?
3. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
4. What does Apollo claim about mothers and fathers in the last part of "The Eumenides"?
5. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)