|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
2. In what state is Orestes' old nurse, Cilissa, upon hearing that Orestes was murdered?
(a) She is distraught.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is happy.
3. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A new baby.
(b) An old man.
(c) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(d) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
4. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
5. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
2. Where does the action of the third part of "The Libation Bearers" take place?
3. Who is the oracle?
4. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
5. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)