|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are in awe of her.
(b) They are repulsed by her.
(c) They sympathize with her.
(d) They are dismissive of her.
2. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
(a) She refuses to run from her fate.
(b) She hears Clytemnestra calling for help.
(c) She has nothing else to do.
(d) She hears Agamemnon calling for her.
3. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of hysteria.
(b) They have feelings of foreboding.
(c) They have feelings of joy.
(d) They have feelings of sickness.
4. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She begs the princess to leave.
(b) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(c) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
(d) She grows angry and goes inside.
5. In the last part of "The Eumenides", why does Apollo appear in the court?
(a) He is there to testify against Orestes.
(b) He is there to testify in Orestes' favor.
(c) He is there to protect Orestes during the trial.
(d) He is there to keep the Furies under control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Orestes and Electra ask of their father's spirit?
2. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
3. For what does the chorus pray in the third part of the second play?
4. What will Athena appoint to pass judgment on the case between Orestes and the Furies?
5. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)