|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
(a) Never tell anyone what they witnessed.
(b) Keep to their place.
(c) Pray to the gods.
(d) Make offerings for Agamemnon's soul.
2. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
3. What false news does the disguised Orestes give Clytemnestra?
(a) Electra has run away.
(b) Electra is dead.
(c) Orestes is dead.
(d) Orestes is returning.
4. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) They got what they deserved.
(b) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
(c) It is a tragedy.
(d) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
5. How does Clytemnestra defend her actions against Agamemnon to the chorus?
(a) She argues that she ended the curse.
(b) She argues that the Furies will not hurt her.
(c) She argues that there never was a curse.
(d) She argues that she cannot be cursed again.
Short Answer Questions
1. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
2. What does Apollo claim about mothers and fathers in the last part of "The Eumenides"?
3. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
4. Why should Apollo's claim about the nature of parenthood appeal to Athena?
5. What do the Furies demand to know in court from Orestes?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)