|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the oracle pray after her vision in the beginning of The Eumenides?
2. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(d) Orestes' sword.
3. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) Another battle at sea.
(b) The journey home.
(c) His reign as king.
(d) The sacrifices to the gods.
4. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
(a) She and Aegisthus will rule it together.
(b) She will rule it alone.
(c) Orestes will return and rule it with her.
(d) Aegisthus will rule it.
5. What does Orestes firmly reinforce while protesting his innocence to the council?
(a) He was acting on his own will.
(b) He was acting on Zeus's will.
(c) He was acting on his father's will.
(d) He was acting on Apollo's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
2. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
3. Why does Apollo claim that Clytemnestra needed to be killed?
4. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
5. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)