|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
(a) She refuses to run from her fate.
(b) She hears Agamemnon calling for her.
(c) She hears Clytemnestra calling for help.
(d) She has nothing else to do.
2. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) Orestes' sword.
(d) A lock of Orestes' hair.
3. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
(a) He goes back inside.
(b) He meekly agrees.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He threatens them violently.
4. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
(a) He claims to have killed Agamemnon.
(b) He claims to have planned Agamemnon's death.
(c) He claims to have bested Apollo in a competition.
(d) He claims to have killed Cassandra.
5. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) The crest of her family.
(b) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
(c) Her long hair.
(d) Her royal jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
2. Why does Apollo claim that Clytemnestra needed to be killed?
3. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
4. What is Aegisthus's relationship to Clytemnestra as demonstrated at the end of "The Agamemnon"?
5. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)