|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
2. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
3. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
(a) Aegisthus would murder Clytemnestra.
(b) Orestes' own life would be cursed.
(c) Agamemnon would suffer in Hades.
(d) Electra would die.
4. What will be the first action taken when Orestes and Pylades infiltrate the palace?
(a) Aegisthus will be killed.
(b) Electra will be guided to safety.
(c) Cilissa will be alerted.
(d) Clytemnestra will be killed.
5. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(b) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(c) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(d) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes remind his mother of when she pleads for her life?
2. What does Athena proclaim before the judges announce their vote at the end of "The Eumenides"?
3. To Aegisthus's consternation, of what does the chorus remind him?
4. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
5. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)