|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orestes convince Electra that he is her brother when they find each other at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) He is wearing the robe she made for him.
(b) He looks like their father.
(c) He has the marks from their mother's abuse on him.
(d) He bears letters from her.
2. How is Aegisthus related to the house of Atreus?
(a) He is the husband of Atreus's daughter.
(b) He is the son of Atreus.
(c) He is the nephew of Atreus.
(d) He is the cousin of Atreus.
3. What do the Furies claim about Orestes to Athena?
(a) He will kill all women if allowed to live.
(b) He is unfit to speak for himself.
(c) He will taint his sister's grace if allowed to live.
(d) He is cursed by his mother.
4. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His continued piety to the gods.
(b) His captive, Cassandra.
(c) Victory with Troy.
(d) His continued fealty to his people.
5. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) The return of her family.
(b) Her mother's salvation.
(c) Her own freedom.
(d) The death of her father's murderers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
2. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
3. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
4. Where does the action of the third part of "The Libation Bearers" take place?
5. What does Orestes firmly reinforce while protesting his innocence to the council?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)