|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(b) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(c) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(d) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
2. Whose ghost is urging the Eumenides to chase Orestes?
3. What does Clytemnestra call out for when she hears the noise from inside the palace in the third part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) The Furies.
(b) A sword.
(c) An axe.
(d) Zeus's intervention.
4. What does Orestes promise Zeus if he succeeds in his revenge?
(a) He will worship the gods as humbly as he can.
(b) He will live anonymously and wisely.
(c) He will restore the glory of their name.
(d) He will build a grand altar for Zeus.
5. What is the result of the judges' vote after the trial?
(a) The vote is in favor of Orestes.
(b) The vote is in favor of the Furies.
(c) The judges did not vote as they wished to avoid the wrath of the Furies and of the gods.
(d) The vote is divided evenly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
2. Who is the oracle?
3. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
4. Why should Apollo's claim about the nature of parenthood appeal to Athena?
5. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)