|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
2. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
3. What must Aegisthus bring with him to the palace?
(a) Offerings to the gods.
(b) Agamemnon's body.
(c) A regiment of soldiers.
(d) Orestes' sword.
4. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
5. What is coming true for Clytemnestra in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Her dream about the snake.
(b) A blessing given to her by Hera.
(c) A prophecy revealed by Demeter.
(d) A curse passed on by Apollo.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where has Athena flown when she makes her entrance?
2. What ends up freeing Orestes from the Furies at the end of "The Eumenides"?
3. What does Athena decide about the case presented to her by Orestes and the Furies?
4. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
5. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)