|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
2. What does Apollo tell the court about his decree to Orestes?
(a) He cursed Clytemnestra and was passing on judgment.
(b) He favored Agamemnon and was avenging his death.
(c) He was not acting upon any other's will but his own.
(d) He was passing on Zeus's judgment about justice.
3. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
(a) He does not know whether he should kill his mother or spare her.
(b) He does not know if Zeus is truly watching.
(c) He does not know whether he should kill his sister.
(d) He does not know if he should kill himself after his revenge.
4. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(b) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(c) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
5. Where does the beginning of "The Eumenides" take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
2. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
3. What do the Furies claim about Orestes to Athena?
4. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
5. What must Aegisthus bring with him to the palace?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)