|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
2. For what does the chorus pray in the third part of the second play?
(a) They pray that Orestes will die in his revenge attempt.
(b) They pray that Orestes will have his revenge successfully.
(c) They pray that the entire royal family will perish.
(d) They pray that Zeus will stop the plot.
3. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(b) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
(c) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(d) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
4. What does Clytemnestra call out for when she hears the noise from inside the palace in the third part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) An axe.
(b) A sword.
(c) Zeus's intervention.
(d) The Furies.
5. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) Her own freedom.
(b) Her mother's salvation.
(c) The return of her family.
(d) The death of her father's murderers.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
2. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
3. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
4. What is the main conflict between Athena and the Furies?
5. Who commanded Orestes to seek vengeance for his father's death?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)