|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false news does the disguised Orestes give Clytemnestra?
(a) Orestes is returning.
(b) Electra is dead.
(c) Orestes is dead.
(d) Electra has run away.
2. Whose ghost is urging the Eumenides to chase Orestes?
3. What do the Furies claim about Orestes to Athena?
(a) He will kill all women if allowed to live.
(b) He is unfit to speak for himself.
(c) He will taint his sister's grace if allowed to live.
(d) He is cursed by his mother.
4. What does Pylades advise Orestes to do?
(a) Orestes will be looked upon as weak if he does not kill Clytemnestra.
(b) Orestes will be murdered by Clytemnestra if he does not kill her first.
(c) Electra will be cursed if Orestes does not follow through with his revenge.
(d) The oracle said Orestes must kill his mother.
5. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) The crest of her family.
(b) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
(c) Her long hair.
(d) Her royal jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the herald ask of the gods?
2. To Aegisthus's consternation, of what does the chorus remind him?
3. What does Orestes claim has taken away the sin of his mother's murder away?
4. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
5. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)