|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 3 (p.215-230).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(b) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(c) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(d) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
2. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(b) She does not wish to see him.
(c) She has been loyal and faithful.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
3. Why does Orestes wish to return to the oracle at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) He wants to be reassured that he did the right thing.
(b) He wants to receive absolution for his deeds.
(c) He wants another prophecy revealed to him.
(d) He wants to receive punishment for his deeds.
4. What is revealed with Orestes in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Electra's body.
(b) His father's armor.
(c) Cilissa's body.
(d) Aegisthus's body.
5. What do the Furies demand to know in court from Orestes?
(a) They demand to know whether he loved his mother or not.
(b) They demand to know how he keeps getting favored by the gods.
(c) They demand to know why he was exiled for so many years.
(d) They demand he explain what he did and why.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
2. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
3. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
4. According to Apollo in the first part of the third play, where must Orestes travel?
5. Why does Apollo claim that Clytemnestra needed to be killed?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)