|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clytemnestra defend her actions against Agamemnon to the chorus?
(a) She argues that she cannot be cursed again.
(b) She argues that there never was a curse.
(c) She argues that the Furies will not hurt her.
(d) She argues that she ended the curse.
2. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He is very happy with it.
(b) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(c) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
(d) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
3. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has been defeated.
(b) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(c) Agamemnon has died.
(d) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
4. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He threatens them violently.
(c) He goes back inside.
(d) He meekly agrees.
5. What does Clytemnestra call out for when she hears the noise from inside the palace in the third part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) An axe.
(b) The Furies.
(c) A sword.
(d) Zeus's intervention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
2. Who commanded Orestes to seek vengeance for his father's death?
3. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
4. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
5. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)