|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His captive, Cassandra.
(b) His continued piety to the gods.
(c) Victory with Troy.
(d) His continued fealty to his people.
2. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Agamemnon is screaming.
(b) Cassandra is screaming.
(c) Orestes returns to the city.
(d) Clytemnestra is laughing.
3. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
4. Why does Orestes wish to return to the oracle at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) He wants to receive absolution for his deeds.
(b) He wants to be reassured that he did the right thing.
(c) He wants to receive punishment for his deeds.
(d) He wants another prophecy revealed to him.
5. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
(a) They do not know if Cassandra spoke the truth.
(b) They do not know if there are gods walking among them.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon or Clytemnestra is the more vicious of the two rulers.
(d) They do not know whether to stop the murder or let it be.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Furies do not awaken, what does the ghost urge them to dream about?
2. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
3. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
4. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
5. What does Aegisthus claim after his entrance in "The Libation Bearers"?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)