|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Orestes wish to return to the oracle at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) He wants to receive punishment for his deeds.
(b) He wants to receive absolution for his deeds.
(c) He wants to be reassured that he did the right thing.
(d) He wants another prophecy revealed to him.
2. How does Orestes convince Electra that he is her brother when they find each other at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) He looks like their father.
(b) He has the marks from their mother's abuse on him.
(c) He bears letters from her.
(d) He is wearing the robe she made for him.
3. What does the chorus instruct Cilissa to do instead of following Clytemnestra's orders?
(a) Cilissa must push Aegisthus into the bay.
(b) Cilissa must convince Aegisthus to cleanse himself.
(c) Cilissa must cut Aegisthus's throat.
(d) Cilissa must bring Aegisthus alone.
4. What does Orestes remind his mother of when she pleads for her life?
(a) The gods' will.
(b) Her sins.
(c) His love for her.
(d) Electra's inability to mourn for her father.
5. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Their ignorance about politics.
(b) Their support of Cassandra.
(c) Underestimating her because of her gender.
(d) Their reliance on the gods to intervene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
2. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
3. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
5. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)