|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is Helen's half sister.
(b) She is a priestess of Athena.
(c) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(d) She is a Trojan princess.
2. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
3. What do the Furies tell Apollo about their hunt for Orestes?
(a) It is their right to avenge the death of Iphigenia upon anyone connected.
(b) It is their right to punish those who murder their mothers.
(c) It is their right to hunt someone who has left his sister an orphan.
(d) It is their right to hunt whom they please.
4. Who is the oracle?
(a) Orestes' sister.
(b) A priest who speaks to the gods.
(c) A woman who prophesizes from the gods.
(d) A priestess of Hera.
5. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(b) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
(c) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
(d) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
2. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
3. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
4. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)