|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Cassandra is screaming.
(b) Clytemnestra is laughing.
(c) Agamemnon is screaming.
(d) Orestes returns to the city.
2. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) Victory at war.
(b) The blessings of the gods.
(c) The homecoming.
3. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
(a) They are joyous.
(b) They believe he got what he deserved.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They grieve for their king.
4. When does the second play take place?
(a) Several years after Agamemnon's death.
(b) Weeks after Agamemnon's death.
(c) Several days after Agamemnon's death.
(d) Hours after Agamemnon's death.
5. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra particularly take offense with the chorus while reveling in her triumph?
2. What is heard from inside the palace after Aegisthus enters it?
3. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
5. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)