|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aegisthus's relationship to Clytemnestra as demonstrated at the end of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her brother.
(c) He is her son.
(d) He is her lover.
2. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
3. What must Aegisthus bring with him to the palace?
(a) Agamemnon's body.
(b) Orestes' sword.
(c) Offerings to the gods.
(d) A regiment of soldiers.
4. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) On horse back.
(b) In a chariot.
(c) In a horse-cart.
(d) On foot.
5. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
(b) Erinyes or Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
2. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
3. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
4. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
5. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)