|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commanded Orestes to seek vengeance for his father's death?
2. What does Clytemnestra call out for when she hears the noise from inside the palace in the third part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) An axe.
(b) Zeus's intervention.
(c) The Furies.
(d) A sword.
3. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She will ascend to Mount Olympus.
(b) Agamemnon will die.
(c) Someone will return to Mycenae and right all the wrongs.
(d) She will overpower her would-be murderer.
4. What does Orestes realize about his mother's dream?
(a) It prophesizes the murder of Clytemnestra by Aegisthus.
(b) It prophesizes the death of Electra
(c) It prophesizes his failure in his revenge.
(d) It prophesizes his revenge against his mother.
5. What does Pylades advise Orestes to do?
(a) Electra will be cursed if Orestes does not follow through with his revenge.
(b) Orestes will be murdered by Clytemnestra if he does not kill her first.
(c) The oracle said Orestes must kill his mother.
(d) Orestes will be looked upon as weak if he does not kill Clytemnestra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
2. What must Aegisthus bring with him to the palace?
3. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
4. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
5. Where does the action of the third part of "The Libation Bearers" take place?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)