|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The death of Achilles.
(b) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
(c) The fall of Troy.
(d) The kidnapping of Helen.
2. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(c) The oracle at Delphi.
3. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) They got what they deserved.
(b) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
(c) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
(d) It is a tragedy.
4. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
5. What does Aegisthus claim after his entrance in "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) He is the father of Orestes.
(b) He is thrice blessed by the gods.
(c) He cannot be fooled.
(d) He is the wisest man in Mycenae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Furies tell Apollo about their hunt for Orestes?
2. What is Aegisthus's relationship to Clytemnestra as demonstrated at the end of "The Agamemnon"?
3. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
4. How is Aegisthus related to the house of Atreus?
5. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)