|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of young men.
(b) A group of old men.
(c) A group of holy men.
(d) A group of young women.
2. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Offerings to the gods.
(c) Maidens to pray.
(d) Blasphemous offerings.
3. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(b) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(d) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
4. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of sickness.
(b) They have feelings of hysteria.
(c) They have feelings of foreboding.
(d) They have feelings of joy.
5. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is not a holy woman.
(b) She is not faithful to her husband.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She is an inexperienced queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
2. Why does Orestes wish to return to the oracle at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
3. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
4. Whose ghost is urging the Eumenides to chase Orestes?
5. About whom was the oracle's vision?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)