|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
(a) He claims to have bested Apollo in a competition.
(b) He claims to have killed Agamemnon.
(c) He claims to have killed Cassandra.
(d) He claims to have planned Agamemnon's death.
2. When the Furies do not awaken, what does the ghost urge them to dream about?
(a) Avenging their souls on their murderers.
(b) Running in the fields.
(c) Destroying Orestes.
(d) Hunting wild animals.
3. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
(a) They believe he got what he deserved.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They are joyous.
(d) They grieve for their king.
4. For whom do the disguised Orestes and Pylades cry out while outside the palace?
5. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) The journey home.
(b) Another battle at sea.
(c) The sacrifices to the gods.
(d) His reign as king.
Short Answer Questions
1. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
2. Why does Apollo appear at his altar?
3. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
4. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
5. What does Clytemnestra call out for when she hears the noise from inside the palace in the third part of "The Libation Bearers"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)