|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes remind his mother of when she pleads for her life?
(a) His love for her.
(b) Electra's inability to mourn for her father.
(c) Her sins.
(d) The gods' will.
2. What happened to Clytemnestra in her dream when she tried to nurse what she'd been birthed?
(a) The snake bit her and drew blood.
(b) The lion mauled her.
(c) The goat ran away.
(d) The gorgon turned her to stone.
3. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(b) Victory at war.
(c) The homecoming.
(d) The blessings of the gods.
4. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(b) Not believing her.
(c) Not listening to the herald.
(d) Not respecting Agamemnon.
5. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
(a) He does not know if Zeus is truly watching.
(b) He does not know whether he should kill his sister.
(c) He does not know if he should kill himself after his revenge.
(d) He does not know whether he should kill his mother or spare her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
2. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
3. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
4. What is heard from inside the palace after Aegisthus enters it?
5. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)