|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed with Orestes in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) His father's armor.
(b) Electra's body.
(c) Cilissa's body.
(d) Aegisthus's body.
2. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) A moonbeam.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A ship.
3. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(b) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(c) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(d) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
4. What does Orestes realize about his mother's dream?
(a) It prophesizes his revenge against his mother.
(b) It prophesizes the death of Electra
(c) It prophesizes the murder of Clytemnestra by Aegisthus.
(d) It prophesizes his failure in his revenge.
5. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
2. What does the chorus instruct Cilissa to do instead of following Clytemnestra's orders?
3. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
4. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)