|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has been defeated.
(b) Agamemnon has died.
(c) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(d) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
2. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
(a) Apollo will forgive her.
(b) Athena will protect her.
(c) Her death will be avenged.
(d) She will be remembered.
3. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
(b) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
(c) An apology.
(d) A blood sacrifice.
4. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
(a) He took away her gift of prophecy.
(b) He cursed her to speak the truth but never to be believed.
(c) He turned the other gods against her.
(d) He impregnated her, shaming her family.
5. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) His is preordained.
(b) His fate is open.
(c) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
(d) His fate will be to live a long life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
2. To Aegisthus's consternation, of what does the chorus remind him?
3. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
4. What do the Furies tell Apollo about their hunt for Orestes?
5. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)