|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The Watchman.
(d) The leader of the chorus.
2. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) A prophecy.
(b) He did not wish to leave his family.
(c) No wind.
(d) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
3. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(b) He brings news of Agamemnon.
(c) He brings news of Orestes.
(d) He brings news of Iphigenia.
4. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(b) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(c) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(d) He thanks them for speaking to him.
5. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
(b) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
(c) An apology.
(d) A blood sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
2. When does the second play take place?
3. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
4. For what does the chorus pray in the third part of the second play?
5. What does Orestes realize about his mother's dream?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)