|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
(b) Priestesses of Apollo.
(c) Female Trojans whom Agamemnon took prisoner.
(d) Family servants who have been with them for years.
2. What does Aegisthus claim after his entrance in "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) He cannot be fooled.
(b) He is the wisest man in Mycenae.
(c) He is the father of Orestes.
(d) He is thrice blessed by the gods.
3. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are repulsed by her.
(b) They are dismissive of her.
(c) They sympathize with her.
(d) They are in awe of her.
4. Where does the action of the third part of "The Libation Bearers" take place?
(a) Inside the temple to Zeus.
(b) At Agamemnon's tomb.
(c) Inside the palace.
(d) In front of the palace.
5. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) Orestes' sword.
(b) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(c) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(d) A book of verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the herald thank the gods?
2. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
3. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
4. Who is the oracle?
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)