|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A ship.
(c) A moonbeam.
(d) A bonfire.
2. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
(b) Their benevolence.
(c) The chorus.
3. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
4. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
(a) She has nothing else to do.
(b) She refuses to run from her fate.
(c) She hears Agamemnon calling for her.
(d) She hears Clytemnestra calling for help.
5. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
(a) A footrace.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A child's game.
(d) A sailing ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
2. What does Aegisthus claim after his entrance in "The Libation Bearers"?
3. What is coming true for Clytemnestra in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What do the Furies complain about when they awaken in the beginning of "The Eumenides"?
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)