|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
(a) She is unsure of how to pray.
(b) She is unsure of whether to mourn her father.
(c) She is unsure of where to go when she runs away.
(d) She is unsure if she is truly her father's daughter.
2. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Underestimating her because of her gender.
(b) Their ignorance about politics.
(c) Their reliance on the gods to intervene.
(d) Their support of Cassandra.
3. Where does the action of the third part of "The Libation Bearers" take place?
(a) Inside the temple to Zeus.
(b) At Agamemnon's tomb.
(c) Inside the palace.
(d) In front of the palace.
4. What will be the first action taken when Orestes and Pylades infiltrate the palace?
(a) Electra will be guided to safety.
(b) Aegisthus will be killed.
(c) Clytemnestra will be killed.
(d) Cilissa will be alerted.
5. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(b) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(c) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(d) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
2. To whom does the oracle pray after her vision in the beginning of The Eumenides?
3. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
4. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
5. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)