|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Clytemnestra in her dream when she tried to nurse what she'd been birthed?
(a) The snake bit her and drew blood.
(b) The goat ran away.
(c) The lion mauled her.
(d) The gorgon turned her to stone.
2. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is a priestess of Athena.
(b) She is a Trojan princess.
(c) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(d) She is Helen's half sister.
3. Why does Orestes wish to return to the oracle at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) He wants to receive absolution for his deeds.
(b) He wants to be reassured that he did the right thing.
(c) He wants to receive punishment for his deeds.
(d) He wants another prophecy revealed to him.
4. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon or Clytemnestra is the more vicious of the two rulers.
(b) They do not know whether to stop the murder or let it be.
(c) They do not know if Cassandra spoke the truth.
(d) They do not know if there are gods walking among them.
5. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(c) An oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
2. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
3. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
4. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
5. For what does the chorus pray in the third part of the second play?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)