|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(a) An oracle.
2. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He does not find it unsuitable.
(b) He says it is too poor for a king.
(c) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
(d) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
3. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
4. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) Victory at war.
(b) The homecoming.
(d) The blessings of the gods.
5. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
(b) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(c) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
(d) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Aegisthus bring with him to the palace?
2. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
3. Why does Apollo appear at his altar?
4. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
5. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)