|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
(a) They wonder if the family will ever break their curse.
(b) They wonder if Electra will follow her brother.
(c) They wonder if Orestes was truly ordered by the gods to avenge Agamemnon.
(d) They wonder who will take the throne in Mycenae.
2. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
(b) He says it is too poor for a king.
(c) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
(d) He does not find it unsuitable.
3. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
4. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(b) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(c) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(d) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
5. What is coming true for Clytemnestra in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) A curse passed on by Apollo.
(b) Her dream about the snake.
(c) A blessing given to her by Hera.
(d) A prophecy revealed by Demeter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
2. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
3. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
4. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
5. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)