|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Orestes has returned.
(b) The ghost of her daughter is following her.
(c) Aegisthus is preparing to murder her.
(d) Agamemnon and Cassandra are murdered.
2. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
(a) They grieve for their king.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They are joyous.
(d) They believe he got what he deserved.
3. According to Apollo, why should Orestes be left alone?
(a) Clytemnestra deserved to die.
(b) Orestes was meant to kill his mother a long time ago.
(c) Apollo himself sent Orestes to kill his mother.
(d) Electra would have killed Clytemnestra and Orestes saved her from it.
4. According to Apollo in the first part of the third play, where must Orestes travel?
5. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims to have been fine without him.
(b) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(c) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(d) She says that she remarried in his absence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ghost is urging the Eumenides to chase Orestes?
2. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
3. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
4. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
5. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)