|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of two kings.
(b) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(c) It was the will of the gods.
(d) It was over a woman.
2. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) His sister's letters.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) A lock of his hair.
(d) His sword.
3. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
(a) The ability of persuasion.
(c) The ability to speak in tongues.
4. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
(a) Cassandra throws herself at her feet.
(b) She does not move from the chariot.
(c) She tells her she does not wish to leave the city.
(d) Cassandra refuses the wine Clytemnestra offers.
5. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(b) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(c) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(d) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
2. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
3. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
4. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
5. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)