|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard from inside the palace after Aegisthus enters it?
(a) Aegisthus screaming as he is being murdered.
(b) Orestes screaming as he is murdered by Aegisthus.
(c) Pylades is screaming as Aegisthus murders him.
(d) Electra screaming as Aegisthus murders her.
2. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
(a) A red cloth.
(b) A purple cloth.
(c) A white cloth.
(d) A gold cloth.
3. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Aegisthus will try to avenge his death upon Electra.
(b) His father is cursing his son's actions.
(c) The Furies are going to take revenge upon him for his mother.
(d) His mother will haunt him for all his days.
4. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
(a) She reminds him that Electra will be motherless.
(b) She tells Orestes she was ordered by Zeus to kill Agamemnon.
(c) She reminds Orestes that she is his mother.
(d) She tells him Iphigenia pleaded for her life before being sacrificed.
5. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
(a) She sees herself escaping the city.
(b) She sees herself as queen of Mycenae.
(c) She sees herself ruling Mycenae with Clytemnestra's lover.
(d) She sees the murder of herself and Agamemnon by Clytemnestra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is coming true for Clytemnestra in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
2. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
3. Where does the beginning of "The Eumenides" take place?
4. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
5. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)