|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
(a) A goat.
(b) A lion.
(c) A gorgon.
(d) A snake.
2. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are in awe of her.
(b) They are dismissive of her.
(c) They are repulsed by her.
(d) They sympathize with her.
3. What does Clytemnestra wish for herself and her country at the end of the Agamemnon?
(a) She wishes to have another child to take over for her.
(b) She wishes to retire as queen.
(c) She wishes to live peacefully.
(d) She wishes to conquer the next city.
4. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(d) The oracle at Delphi.
5. Why does Apollo appear at his altar?
(a) He wants to help Orestes.
(b) He is called down by the oracle.
(c) He appears at his altar daily.
(d) He senses the presence of the Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes remind his mother of when she pleads for her life?
2. For what does Clytemnestra particularly take offense with the chorus while reveling in her triumph?
3. About whom was the oracle's vision?
4. What will be the first action taken when Orestes and Pylades infiltrate the palace?
5. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)