|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
(b) They got what they deserved.
(c) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
(d) It is a tragedy.
2. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
(a) Aegisthus would murder Clytemnestra.
(b) Electra would die.
(c) Orestes' own life would be cursed.
(d) Agamemnon would suffer in Hades.
3. In what state is Orestes' old nurse, Cilissa, upon hearing that Orestes was murdered?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is distraught.
4. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
(b) Her long hair.
(c) Her royal jewelry.
(d) The crest of her family.
5. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(b) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(c) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(d) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
2. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
3. What false news does the disguised Orestes give Clytemnestra?
4. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
5. For what does the chorus pray in the third part of the second play?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)