|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
(a) A sailing ship.
(b) A footrace.
(c) A child's game.
(d) A horse race.
2. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(d) An oracle.
3. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
4. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(b) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
(c) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
(d) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
5. To Aegisthus's consternation, of what does the chorus remind him?
(a) Clytemnestra did all the work in murdering Agamemnon.
(b) He was not fit to be a soldier.
(c) He is not of royal blood.
(d) He is half the man that Agamemnon was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
2. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
3. What must Aegisthus bring with him to the palace?
4. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)