|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra was to renounce all other gods.
(b) Cassandra was to honor him publicly.
(c) Cassandra was to build a shrine to him.
(d) Cassandra was to give herself to him.
2. Who commanded Orestes to seek vengeance for his father's death?
3. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of two kings.
(b) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(c) It was over a woman.
(d) It was the will of the gods.
4. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The death of Achilles.
(b) The fall of Troy.
(c) The kidnapping of Helen.
(d) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
5. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Offerings to the gods.
(c) Maidens to pray.
(d) Blasphemous offerings.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
2. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
3. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
4. What does Clytemnestra wish for herself and her country at the end of the Agamemnon?
5. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)