|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(b) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(c) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(d) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
2. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(c) The oracle at Delphi.
3. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his wife.
(b) His thoughts of his children.
(d) His thoughts of his home.
4. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
(a) The ability of persuasion.
(d) The ability to speak in tongues.
5. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
(a) He turned the other gods against her.
(b) He impregnated her, shaming her family.
(c) He took away her gift of prophecy.
(d) He cursed her to speak the truth but never to be believed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
2. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
3. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
4. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
5. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)