|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Blasphemous offerings.
(b) Offerings to the gods.
(d) Maidens to pray.
2. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(b) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
3. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
(a) He meekly agrees.
(b) He goes back inside.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He threatens them violently.
4. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
5. What does Orestes promise Zeus if he succeeds in his revenge?
(a) He will worship the gods as humbly as he can.
(b) He will restore the glory of their name.
(c) He will live anonymously and wisely.
(d) He will build a grand altar for Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
2. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
3. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
4. How does Orestes convince Electra that he is her brother when they find each other at Agamemnon's tomb?
5. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)