|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Aegisthus bring with him to the palace?
(a) Orestes' sword.
(b) A regiment of soldiers.
(c) Agamemnon's body.
(d) Offerings to the gods.
2. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
3. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
(b) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
(c) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(d) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
4. What has Electra been forced to do in the years since her father's death?
(a) Treat Aegisthus as her father.
(b) Mourn him in secret.
(c) Disown her brother.
(d) Disown her father.
5. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Maidens to pray.
(b) Offerings to the gods.
(d) Blasphemous offerings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the herald so joyful?
2. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
3. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
4. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
5. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)