|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(b) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(c) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(d) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
2. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Agamemnon has died.
(b) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(c) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(d) King Priam is invading.
3. Why does Clytemnestra grieve after the false news of her son's death?
(a) She regrets her treatment of Electra.
(b) Orestes is the only hope of breaking the family curse.
(c) She regrets banishing him..
(d) Orestes was the only child she loved.
4. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
5. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(b) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
(c) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(d) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
2. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
3. To Aegisthus's consternation, of what does the chorus remind him?
4. In what state is Orestes' old nurse, Cilissa, upon hearing that Orestes was murdered?
5. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)