|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
(a) Her brother's return.
(b) Menelaus's vengeance on Cltemnestra.
(c) The death of Aegisthus.
(d) Her mother's forgiveness.
2. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
(a) She will rule it alone.
(b) Orestes will return and rule it with her.
(c) Aegisthus will rule it.
(d) She and Aegisthus will rule it together.
3. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) An apology.
(b) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
(c) A blood sacrifice.
(d) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
4. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(b) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(c) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(d) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
2. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
3. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
4. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
5. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)