|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the chorus pray in the third part of the second play?
(a) They pray that Orestes will have his revenge successfully.
(b) They pray that Orestes will die in his revenge attempt.
(c) They pray that the entire royal family will perish.
(d) They pray that Zeus will stop the plot.
2. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) Her long hair.
(b) Her royal jewelry.
(c) The crest of her family.
(d) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
3. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra is being belligerent.
(b) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(c) Cassandra is deaf.
(d) Cassandra is not very smart.
4. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
5. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) Orestes' sword.
(d) A lock of Orestes' hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes promise Zeus if he succeeds in his revenge?
2. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
3. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
4. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
5. What do Orestes and Electra ask of their father's spirit?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)