|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
(b) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(c) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
(d) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
2. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
(a) A snake.
(b) A lion.
(c) A goat.
(d) A gorgon.
3. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
(a) Hermes and Zeus.
(b) Hera and Demeter.
(c) Aphrodite and Diana.
(d) Athena and Apollo.
4. How is Aegisthus related to the house of Atreus?
(a) He is the nephew of Atreus.
(b) He is the husband of Atreus's daughter.
(c) He is the son of Atreus.
(d) He is the cousin of Atreus.
5. Why does Clytemnestra grieve after the false news of her son's death?
(a) She regrets banishing him..
(b) Orestes is the only hope of breaking the family curse.
(c) Orestes was the only child she loved.
(d) She regrets her treatment of Electra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
2. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
3. What does Aegisthus claim after his entrance in "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What does the chorus instruct Cilissa to do instead of following Clytemnestra's orders?
5. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)