|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Blasphemous offerings.
(c) Maidens to pray.
(d) Offerings to the gods.
2. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
3. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Following the will of the gods.
(b) Breaking the laws of nature.
(c) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
(d) Following his heart.
4. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
5. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She has been loyal and faithful.
(b) She does not wish to see him.
(c) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
2. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
3. For whom do the disguised Orestes and Pylades cry out while outside the palace?
4. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
5. What is Aegisthus's relationship to Clytemnestra as demonstrated at the end of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)