|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Aegisthus is preparing to murder her.
(b) The ghost of her daughter is following her.
(c) Agamemnon and Cassandra are murdered.
(d) Orestes has returned.
2. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(b) An oracle.
3. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
4. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of the gods.
(b) It was over a woman.
(c) It was the will of two kings.
(d) It was because of a misunderstanding.
5. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(b) She claims to have been fine without him.
(c) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(d) She says that she remarried in his absence.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
2. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
3. Whom must Cilissa go fetch?
4. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
5. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)