|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Aegisthus is preparing to murder her.
(b) The ghost of her daughter is following her.
(c) Orestes has returned.
(d) Agamemnon and Cassandra are murdered.
2. How does Clytemnestra defend her actions against Agamemnon to the chorus?
(a) She argues that the Furies will not hurt her.
(b) She argues that she cannot be cursed again.
(c) She argues that she ended the curse.
(d) She argues that there never was a curse.
3. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
(a) Cassandra refuses the wine Clytemnestra offers.
(b) She does not move from the chariot.
(c) She tells her she does not wish to leave the city.
(d) Cassandra throws herself at her feet.
4. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
(b) He does not find it unsuitable.
(c) He says it is too poor for a king.
(d) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
5. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
(a) A gorgon.
(b) A snake.
(c) A lion.
(d) A goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus instruct Cilissa to do instead of following Clytemnestra's orders?
2. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
3. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
4. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
5. What has Electra been forced to do in the years since her father's death?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)