|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Someone will return to Mycenae and right all the wrongs.
(b) Agamemnon will die.
(c) She will overpower her would-be murderer.
(d) She will ascend to Mount Olympus.
2. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(b) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
(c) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(d) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
3. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
4. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(b) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(c) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(d) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
5. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
(a) A footrace.
(b) A sailing ship.
(c) A child's game.
(d) A horse race.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
2. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
3. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
4. Why does Clytemnestra grieve after the false news of her son's death?
5. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)