|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(b) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(c) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(d) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
2. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) Victory with Troy.
(b) His captive, Cassandra.
(c) His continued fealty to his people.
(d) His continued piety to the gods.
3. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(b) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(c) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(d) She claims to have been fine without him.
4. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) His is preordained.
(b) His fate will be to live a long life.
(c) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
(d) His fate is open.
5. What does the chorus instruct Cilissa to do instead of following Clytemnestra's orders?
(a) Cilissa must convince Aegisthus to cleanse himself.
(b) Cilissa must bring Aegisthus alone.
(c) Cilissa must cut Aegisthus's throat.
(d) Cilissa must push Aegisthus into the bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Clytemnestra in her dream when she tried to nurse what she'd been birthed?
2. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
3. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
4. For what does the herald thank the gods?
5. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)