|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
2. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Agamemnon has died.
(b) King Priam is invading.
(c) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(d) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
3. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) A prophecy.
(b) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
(c) No wind.
(d) He did not wish to leave his family.
4. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
(a) She has begun another curse.
(b) She has awakened the Furies.
(c) She has ended the curse.
(d) She is merely continuing the curse.
5. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
(a) She is unsure of how to pray.
(b) She is unsure if she is truly her father's daughter.
(c) She is unsure of whether to mourn her father.
(d) She is unsure of where to go when she runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
2. What happened to Clytemnestra in her dream when she tried to nurse what she'd been birthed?
3. What will be the first action taken when Orestes and Pylades infiltrate the palace?
4. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
5. What do Orestes and Electra ask of their father's spirit?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)