|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(b) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
(c) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(d) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
2. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Cassandra is screaming.
(b) Agamemnon is screaming.
(c) Orestes returns to the city.
(d) Clytemnestra is laughing.
3. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) The sacrifices to the gods.
(b) His reign as king.
(c) Another battle at sea.
(d) The journey home.
4. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
(a) They do not know if Cassandra spoke the truth.
(b) They do not know whether to stop the murder or let it be.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon or Clytemnestra is the more vicious of the two rulers.
(d) They do not know if there are gods walking among them.
5. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
(a) Apollo will forgive her.
(b) She will be remembered.
(c) Her death will be avenged.
(d) Athena will protect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
2. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
3. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
4. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
5. Why does Clytemnestra grieve after the false news of her son's death?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)