|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Aegisthus related to the house of Atreus?
(a) He is the cousin of Atreus.
(b) He is the son of Atreus.
(c) He is the nephew of Atreus.
(d) He is the husband of Atreus's daughter.
2. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) Victory at war.
(c) The blessings of the gods.
(d) The homecoming.
3. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
(b) He believes it is more humbling.
(c) He believes it is grander.
(d) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
4. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is a priestess of Athena.
(b) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(c) She is a Trojan princess.
(d) She is Helen's half sister.
5. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Their reliance on the gods to intervene.
(b) Their support of Cassandra.
(c) Their ignorance about politics.
(d) Underestimating her because of her gender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
2. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
3. What does Aegisthus claim after his entrance in "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)