|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aegisthus's relationship to Clytemnestra as demonstrated at the end of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He is her son.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her lover.
2. What false news does the disguised Orestes give Clytemnestra?
(a) Orestes is dead.
(b) Electra is dead.
(c) Electra has run away.
(d) Orestes is returning.
3. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Aegisthus is preparing to murder her.
(b) Agamemnon and Cassandra are murdered.
(c) The ghost of her daughter is following her.
(d) Orestes has returned.
4. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(b) An oracle.
5. For what does the chorus pray in the third part of the second play?
(a) They pray that the entire royal family will perish.
(b) They pray that Orestes will have his revenge successfully.
(c) They pray that Orestes will die in his revenge attempt.
(d) They pray that Zeus will stop the plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Aegisthus bring with him to the palace?
2. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
3. Why does Clytemnestra grieve after the false news of her son's death?
4. What does Clytemnestra wish for herself and her country at the end of the Agamemnon?
5. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)