|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
(a) He claims to have bested Apollo in a competition.
(b) He claims to have killed Agamemnon.
(c) He claims to have killed Cassandra.
(d) He claims to have planned Agamemnon's death.
2. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
3. In what state is Orestes' old nurse, Cilissa, upon hearing that Orestes was murdered?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is distraught.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is relieved.
4. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(b) Cassandra is deaf.
(c) Cassandra is being belligerent.
(d) Cassandra is not very smart.
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(b) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(c) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(d) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
2. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
3. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
4. For what does the chorus pray in the third part of the second play?
5. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)