|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He dishonored Aphrodite.
(b) He rejected Apollo.
(c) He kidnapped Helen.
(d) He murdered Menelaus.
2. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
(b) No wind.
(c) A prophecy.
(d) He did not wish to leave his family.
3. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They are joyous.
(c) They believe he got what he deserved.
(d) They grieve for their king.
4. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(b) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
(c) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(d) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
5. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
(a) She will be remembered.
(b) Her death will be avenged.
(c) Athena will protect her.
(d) Apollo will forgive her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes promise Zeus if he succeeds in his revenge?
2. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
3. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
4. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
5. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)