|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
(a) Pray to the gods.
(b) Keep to their place.
(c) Never tell anyone what they witnessed.
(d) Make offerings for Agamemnon's soul.
2. What does Clytemnestra call out for when she hears the noise from inside the palace in the third part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) An axe.
(b) A sword.
(c) The Furies.
(d) Zeus's intervention.
3. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
(a) Agamemnon would suffer in Hades.
(b) Aegisthus would murder Clytemnestra.
(c) Electra would die.
(d) Orestes' own life would be cursed.
4. What happened to Clytemnestra in her dream when she tried to nurse what she'd been birthed?
(a) The gorgon turned her to stone.
(b) The goat ran away.
(c) The snake bit her and drew blood.
(d) The lion mauled her.
5. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(b) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
(c) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
(d) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
2. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
3. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
4. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
5. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)