|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) Victory at war.
(b) The blessings of the gods.
(d) The homecoming.
2. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(b) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(c) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(d) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
3. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(b) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(c) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(d) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
4. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
5. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She begs the princess to leave.
(b) She grows angry and goes inside.
(c) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(d) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
2. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
3. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
4. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
5. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)