|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
2. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) Priestesses of Apollo.
(b) Family servants who have been with them for years.
(d) Female Trojans whom Agamemnon took prisoner.
3. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
(a) A lion.
(b) A gorgon.
(c) A goat.
(d) A snake.
4. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Orestes returns to the city.
(b) Agamemnon is screaming.
(c) Cassandra is screaming.
(d) Clytemnestra is laughing.
5. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
(a) Allow Agamemnon to be buried without any offerings made to the gods.
(b) Allow her to retire.
(c) Allow Aegisthus to rule Mycenae.
(d) Allow her son to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
2. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
3. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
4. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
5. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)