|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 3 (p. 183-190).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of holy men.
(b) A group of young men.
(c) A group of old men.
(d) A group of young women.
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The Watchman.
(b) The leader of the chorus.
3. When does the second play take place?
(a) Several days after Agamemnon's death.
(b) Weeks after Agamemnon's death.
(c) Hours after Agamemnon's death.
(d) Several years after Agamemnon's death.
4. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
(a) The chorus.
(c) Their benevolence.
5. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
(a) Keep to their place.
(b) Pray to the gods.
(c) Make offerings for Agamemnon's soul.
(d) Never tell anyone what they witnessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
2. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
5. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)