|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The kidnapping of Helen.
(b) The fall of Troy.
(c) The death of Achilles.
(d) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
2. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
3. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
4. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(b) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(c) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(d) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He is very happy with it.
(b) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(c) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(d) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
3. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
4. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
5. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)