|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
(a) He claims to have planned Agamemnon's death.
(b) He claims to have killed Cassandra.
(c) He claims to have killed Agamemnon.
(d) He claims to have bested Apollo in a competition.
2. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra is not very smart.
(b) Cassandra is deaf.
(c) Cassandra is being belligerent.
(d) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
3. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
4. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
(b) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
(c) An apology.
(d) A blood sacrifice.
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) He is home in Mycenae.
(b) He is gotten married.
(c) Clytemnestra favors him.
(d) The gods have spoken to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
2. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
3. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
4. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
5. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)