|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) Orestes' sword.
(b) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(c) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(d) A book of verse.
2. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was over a woman.
(b) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(c) It was the will of the gods.
(d) It was the will of two kings.
3. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
4. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of holy men.
(b) A group of old men.
(c) A group of young women.
(d) A group of young men.
5. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(b) An oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the herald so joyful?
2. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
3. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
4. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)