|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
(a) Keep to their place.
(b) Pray to the gods.
(c) Never tell anyone what they witnessed.
(d) Make offerings for Agamemnon's soul.
2. How does Clytemnestra defend her actions against Agamemnon to the chorus?
(a) She argues that she cannot be cursed again.
(b) She argues that there never was a curse.
(c) She argues that the Furies will not hurt her.
(d) She argues that she ended the curse.
3. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(b) She begs the princess to leave.
(c) She grows angry and goes inside.
(d) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
4. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
(b) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(c) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
(d) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
5. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
2. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
3. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
4. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
5. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)