|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Breaking the laws of nature.
(b) Following the will of the gods.
(c) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
(d) Following his heart.
2. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
(a) She sees the murder of herself and Agamemnon by Clytemnestra.
(b) She sees herself as queen of Mycenae.
(c) She sees herself ruling Mycenae with Clytemnestra's lover.
(d) She sees herself escaping the city.
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) His success in war.
(b) Success in his plan of revenge for his father's murder.
(c) Safe voyage overseas.
(d) Peace of mind.
5. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are repulsed by her.
(b) They are dismissive of her.
(c) They sympathize with her.
(d) They are in awe of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
2. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
3. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
4. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)