|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
2. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
(a) The ability of persuasion.
(c) The ability to speak in tongues.
3. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(b) His thoughts of his home.
(c) His thoughts of his children.
(d) His thoughts of his wife.
4. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A moonbeam.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A ship.
5. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(b) A new baby.
(c) An old man.
(d) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
2. Why is the herald so joyful?
3. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
4. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
5. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)