|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
2. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is an inexperienced queen.
(b) She is not faithful to her husband.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She is not a holy woman.
3. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
(a) She wrote the letters to her brother.
(b) His hair looks just like her own.
(c) The sword has the family crest on it.
(d) She gave the book to her brother.
4. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He was killed in battle.
(b) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
(c) His ship is lost after a storm.
(d) He has returns home safely.
5. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A ship.
(c) A moonbeam.
(d) A bonfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
2. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
3. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
4. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
5. What does the herald ask of the gods?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)