|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra particularly take offense with the chorus while reveling in her triumph?
(a) The chorus did not beg her for her forgiveness.
(b) The chorus sympathized with Cassandra.
(c) The chorus did not ask the gods to bless her.
(d) The chorus condemns her murder of Agamemnon, but not his murder of their daughter.
2. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
(a) Allow Agamemnon to be buried without any offerings made to the gods.
(b) Allow her to retire.
(c) Allow her son to return.
(d) Allow Aegisthus to rule Mycenae.
3. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(b) Agamemnon has died.
(c) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(d) King Priam is invading.
4. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) His sister's letters.
(b) A lock of his hair.
(c) His sword.
(d) A book of verse.
5. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) The ghost of her daughter is following her.
(b) Orestes has returned.
(c) Aegisthus is preparing to murder her.
(d) Agamemnon and Cassandra are murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
2. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
3. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
4. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
5. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)