|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
(a) Pylades' pack.
(b) Offerings to the gods.
(c) A campfire.
(d) Orestes and Pylades' footprints.
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(b) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(c) Troy has been defeated.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
4. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He murdered Menelaus.
(b) He dishonored Aphrodite.
(c) He kidnapped Helen.
(d) He rejected Apollo.
5. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
(b) Their benevolence.
(c) The chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
2. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
3. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
5. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)