|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra particularly take offense with the chorus while reveling in her triumph?
(a) The chorus did not ask the gods to bless her.
(b) The chorus condemns her murder of Agamemnon, but not his murder of their daughter.
(c) The chorus sympathized with Cassandra.
(d) The chorus did not beg her for her forgiveness.
2. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(b) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
(c) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(d) He is very happy with it.
3. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of the gods.
(b) It was the will of two kings.
(c) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(d) It was over a woman.
4. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He says it is too poor for a king.
(b) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
(c) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
(d) He does not find it unsuitable.
5. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
(a) She is merely continuing the curse.
(b) She has ended the curse.
(c) She has begun another curse.
(d) She has awakened the Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra wish for herself and her country at the end of the Agamemnon?
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
3. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
4. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
5. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)