|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
(a) She is merely continuing the curse.
(b) She has begun another curse.
(c) She has awakened the Furies.
(d) She has ended the curse.
2. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(b) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(c) She claims to have been fine without him.
(d) She claims to have been lonely without him.
3. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
4. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
(a) She and Aegisthus will rule it together.
(b) She will rule it alone.
(c) Aegisthus will rule it.
(d) Orestes will return and rule it with her.
5. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He has returns home safely.
(b) He was killed in battle.
(c) His ship is lost after a storm.
(d) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
2. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
3. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
4. How is Aegisthus related to the house of Atreus?
5. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)