|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(b) He brings news of Orestes.
(c) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(d) He brings news of Agamemnon.
2. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(b) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(c) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
3. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
(a) Cassandra throws herself at her feet.
(b) She tells her she does not wish to leave the city.
(c) She does not move from the chariot.
(d) Cassandra refuses the wine Clytemnestra offers.
4. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has been defeated.
(b) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(c) Agamemnon has died.
(d) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
5. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are repulsed by her.
(b) They sympathize with her.
(c) They are in awe of her.
(d) They are dismissive of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
2. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
5. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)