|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
(b) A blood sacrifice.
(c) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
(d) An apology.
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
(a) She is merely continuing the curse.
(b) She has awakened the Furies.
(c) She has begun another curse.
(d) She has ended the curse.
4. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
(b) He believes it is more humbling.
(c) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
(d) He believes it is grander.
5. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Cassandra is screaming.
(b) Clytemnestra is laughing.
(c) Orestes returns to the city.
(d) Agamemnon is screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
2. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
5. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)