|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(b) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(c) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(d) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
2. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) Orestes' sword.
(b) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(c) A book of verse.
(d) Letters she wrote to her brother.
3. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are dismissive of her.
(b) They are repulsed by her.
(c) They sympathize with her.
(d) They are in awe of her.
4. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
(a) Her brother's return.
(b) The death of Aegisthus.
(c) Menelaus's vengeance on Cltemnestra.
(d) Her mother's forgiveness.
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) The gods have spoken to him.
(b) He is home in Mycenae.
(c) He is gotten married.
(d) Clytemnestra favors him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
2. For what does the herald thank the gods?
3. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
4. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)