|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(b) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(c) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(d) She watched for any sign from the gods.
2. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is a priestess of Athena.
(b) She is a Trojan princess.
(c) She is Helen's half sister.
(d) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
3. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) In caves.
(b) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
(c) On top of mountains.
(d) In trees.
4. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
(a) Clytemnestra's vengeance.
(b) The actions of Agamemnon and his father.
(c) The will of the gods.
(d) Agamemnon's disregard for others.
5. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) Family servants who have been with them for years.
(b) Priestesses of Apollo.
(c) Female Trojans whom Agamemnon took prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
2. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
3. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)