|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The kidnapping of Helen.
(b) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
(c) The death of Achilles.
(d) The fall of Troy.
2. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
(a) Hermes and Zeus.
(b) Hera and Demeter.
(c) Athena and Apollo.
(d) Aphrodite and Diana.
3. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
4. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
(a) They do not know if Cassandra spoke the truth.
(b) They do not know if there are gods walking among them.
(c) They do not know whether to stop the murder or let it be.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon or Clytemnestra is the more vicious of the two rulers.
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
2. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
3. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
4. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
5. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)