|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Cassandra is screaming.
(b) Orestes returns to the city.
(c) Agamemnon is screaming.
(d) Clytemnestra is laughing.
2. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) The homecoming.
(c) The blessings of the gods.
(d) Victory at war.
3. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are repulsed by her.
(b) They are dismissive of her.
(c) They are in awe of her.
(d) They sympathize with her.
4. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
5. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
2. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
3. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
4. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
5. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)