|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
(b) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
(c) He believes it is grander.
(d) He believes it is more humbling.
2. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
3. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(b) Not listening to the herald.
(c) Not respecting Agamemnon.
(d) Not believing her.
4. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
(a) She has nothing else to do.
(b) She hears Clytemnestra calling for help.
(c) She hears Agamemnon calling for her.
(d) She refuses to run from her fate.
5. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A moonbeam.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
2. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
3. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
4. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
5. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)