|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
2. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) Her long hair.
(b) Her royal jewelry.
(c) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
(d) The crest of her family.
3. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
4. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
(a) Her brother's return.
(b) Her mother's forgiveness.
(c) The death of Aegisthus.
(d) Menelaus's vengeance on Cltemnestra.
5. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(b) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(d) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
2. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
3. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
4. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
5. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)