|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
(a) The will of the gods.
(b) Clytemnestra's vengeance.
(c) The actions of Agamemnon and his father.
(d) Agamemnon's disregard for others.
2. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They sympathize with her.
(b) They are repulsed by her.
(c) They are dismissive of her.
(d) They are in awe of her.
5. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
2. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
3. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
4. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
5. What is Aegisthus's relationship to Clytemnestra as demonstrated at the end of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)