|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Maidens to pray.
(c) Offerings to the gods.
(d) Blasphemous offerings.
2. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Cassandra is screaming.
(b) Agamemnon is screaming.
(c) Clytemnestra is laughing.
(d) Orestes returns to the city.
3. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The kidnapping of Helen.
(b) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
(c) The fall of Troy.
(d) The death of Achilles.
4. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(b) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(c) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
5. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
(a) She sees herself ruling Mycenae with Clytemnestra's lover.
(b) She sees herself as queen of Mycenae.
(c) She sees herself escaping the city.
(d) She sees the murder of herself and Agamemnon by Clytemnestra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
2. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
3. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
4. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
5. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)