|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(b) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(c) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(d) He thanks them for speaking to him.
2. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is a priestess of Athena.
(b) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(c) She is Helen's half sister.
(d) She is a Trojan princess.
3. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
(a) Orestes will return and rule it with her.
(b) She will rule it alone.
(c) Aegisthus will rule it.
(d) She and Aegisthus will rule it together.
4. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) An apology.
(b) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
(c) A blood sacrifice.
(d) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
5. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
(a) He impregnated her, shaming her family.
(b) He cursed her to speak the truth but never to be believed.
(c) He took away her gift of prophecy.
(d) He turned the other gods against her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
2. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
3. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
4. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
5. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)