|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has been defeated.
(b) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(c) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
2. To Aegisthus's consternation, of what does the chorus remind him?
(a) He is half the man that Agamemnon was.
(b) He is not of royal blood.
(c) He was not fit to be a soldier.
(d) Clytemnestra did all the work in murdering Agamemnon.
3. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She will overpower her would-be murderer.
(b) Agamemnon will die.
(c) Someone will return to Mycenae and right all the wrongs.
(d) She will ascend to Mount Olympus.
4. What is Aegisthus's relationship to Clytemnestra as demonstrated at the end of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) He is her son.
(b) He is her brother.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her lover.
5. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of two kings.
(b) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(c) It was over a woman.
(d) It was the will of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
2. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
3. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
4. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
5. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)