|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
2. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His continued piety to the gods.
(b) His continued fealty to his people.
(c) Victory with Troy.
(d) His captive, Cassandra.
3. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(b) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
(c) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
(d) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
4. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
5. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
(a) She will be remembered.
(b) Apollo will forgive her.
(c) Her death will be avenged.
(d) Athena will protect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
2. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
3. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
4. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
5. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)