|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(b) Troy has been defeated.
(c) Agamemnon has died.
(d) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
2. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(b) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
(c) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
(d) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
3. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Safe voyage overseas.
(b) Peace of mind.
(c) Success in his plan of revenge for his father's murder.
(d) His success in war.
4. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(b) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(c) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(d) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
5. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
(a) Allow Agamemnon to be buried without any offerings made to the gods.
(b) Allow her son to return.
(c) Allow Aegisthus to rule Mycenae.
(d) Allow her to retire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
2. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
3. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
4. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
5. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)