|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) In a chariot.
(b) On horse back.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a horse-cart.
2. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
3. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(b) The leader of the chorus.
(c) The Watchman.
4. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
(b) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(c) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
(d) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
5. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He rejected Apollo.
(b) He dishonored Aphrodite.
(c) He kidnapped Helen.
(d) He murdered Menelaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
2. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
3. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
5. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)