|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 1 (p. 165-171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) Clytemnestra favors him.
(b) He is gotten married.
(c) He is home in Mycenae.
(d) The gods have spoken to him.
2. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) A blood sacrifice.
(b) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
(c) An apology.
(d) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
3. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
(b) His soul is restless.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) He perished at sea.
4. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
(a) The ability to speak in tongues.
(b) The ability of persuasion.
5. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are dismissive of her.
(b) They sympathize with her.
(c) They are repulsed by her.
(d) They are in awe of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
2. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)