|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are dismissive of her.
(b) They sympathize with her.
(c) They are in awe of her.
(d) They are repulsed by her.
2. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(b) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(c) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(d) She watched for any sign from the gods.
3. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) A moonbeam.
(b) A ship.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A bonfire.
4. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
(a) Clytemnestra's vengeance.
(b) The actions of Agamemnon and his father.
(c) The will of the gods.
(d) Agamemnon's disregard for others.
5. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(b) He brings news of Orestes.
(c) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(d) He brings news of Agamemnon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
2. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
3. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
4. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
5. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)