|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His soul is restless.
(b) He perished at sea.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
2. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
(a) She does not move from the chariot.
(b) Cassandra throws herself at her feet.
(c) She tells her she does not wish to leave the city.
(d) Cassandra refuses the wine Clytemnestra offers.
3. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) The gods have spoken to him.
(b) Clytemnestra favors him.
(c) He is gotten married.
(d) He is home in Mycenae.
4. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(b) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(c) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(d) He thanks them for speaking to him.
5. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) An old man.
(b) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(c) A new baby.
(d) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
2. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
3. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
4. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
5. How is Aegisthus related to the house of Atreus?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)