|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of foreboding.
(b) They have feelings of joy.
(c) They have feelings of sickness.
(d) They have feelings of hysteria.
2. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
(a) Keep to their place.
(b) Pray to the gods.
(c) Never tell anyone what they witnessed.
(d) Make offerings for Agamemnon's soul.
3. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
4. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Their reliance on the gods to intervene.
(b) Their support of Cassandra.
(c) Underestimating her because of her gender.
(d) Their ignorance about politics.
5. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He has returns home safely.
(b) His ship is lost after a storm.
(c) He was killed in battle.
(d) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
2. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
3. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
4. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
5. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)