|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(b) King Priam is invading.
(c) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
2. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
3. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(b) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(c) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(d) He thanks them for speaking to him.
4. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
(b) Their benevolence.
(d) The chorus.
5. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Orestes returns to the city.
(b) Clytemnestra is laughing.
(c) Agamemnon is screaming.
(d) Cassandra is screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
2. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
3. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
4. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
5. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)