|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) An afterlife.
(c) Agamemnon to survive.
(d) An easy death.
2. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Maidens to pray.
(b) Blasphemous offerings.
(c) Offerings to the gods.
3. For what does Clytemnestra particularly take offense with the chorus while reveling in her triumph?
(a) The chorus did not beg her for her forgiveness.
(b) The chorus sympathized with Cassandra.
(c) The chorus did not ask the gods to bless her.
(d) The chorus condemns her murder of Agamemnon, but not his murder of their daughter.
4. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
(a) Allow Aegisthus to rule Mycenae.
(b) Allow her son to return.
(c) Allow her to retire.
(d) Allow Agamemnon to be buried without any offerings made to the gods.
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
2. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
3. What is Aegisthus's relationship to Clytemnestra as demonstrated at the end of "The Agamemnon"?
4. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
5. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)