|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(b) She begs the princess to leave.
(c) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
(d) She grows angry and goes inside.
2. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Their reliance on the gods to intervene.
(b) Underestimating her because of her gender.
(c) Their support of Cassandra.
(d) Their ignorance about politics.
3. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of hysteria.
(b) They have feelings of foreboding.
(c) They have feelings of joy.
(d) They have feelings of sickness.
4. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
(c) Their benevolence.
(d) The chorus.
5. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
(a) She has awakened the Furies.
(b) She has begun another curse.
(c) She has ended the curse.
(d) She is merely continuing the curse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
2. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
3. What does Clytemnestra wish for herself and her country at the end of the Agamemnon?
4. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
5. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)