|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(b) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(c) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(d) She claims to have been fine without him.
2. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(b) His thoughts of his children.
(c) His thoughts of his home.
(d) His thoughts of his wife.
3. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
(b) A prophecy.
(c) No wind.
(d) He did not wish to leave his family.
4. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Agamemnon.
(b) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(c) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(d) He brings news of Orestes.
5. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(b) Cassandra is being belligerent.
(c) Cassandra is deaf.
(d) Cassandra is not very smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
2. For what does Clytemnestra particularly take offense with the chorus while reveling in her triumph?
3. Why is the herald so joyful?
4. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
5. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)