|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
(a) He claims to have killed Cassandra.
(b) He claims to have bested Apollo in a competition.
(c) He claims to have killed Agamemnon.
(d) He claims to have planned Agamemnon's death.
2. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is not faithful to her husband.
(b) She is an inexperienced queen.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She is not a holy woman.
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(b) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(c) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(d) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(b) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(c) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(d) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
2. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
3. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
4. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
5. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)