|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra particularly take offense with the chorus while reveling in her triumph?
(a) The chorus condemns her murder of Agamemnon, but not his murder of their daughter.
(b) The chorus did not ask the gods to bless her.
(c) The chorus sympathized with Cassandra.
(d) The chorus did not beg her for her forgiveness.
2. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims to have been fine without him.
(b) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(c) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(d) She says that she remarried in his absence.
3. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is a Trojan princess.
(b) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(c) She is a priestess of Athena.
(d) She is Helen's half sister.
4. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They grieve for their king.
(c) They are joyous.
(d) They believe he got what he deserved.
5. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
(a) A child's game.
(b) A sailing ship.
(c) A horse race.
(d) A footrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
2. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
3. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
4. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
5. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)