|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(b) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(c) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(d) She watched for any sign from the gods.
2. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Cassandra is screaming.
(b) Agamemnon is screaming.
(c) Orestes returns to the city.
(d) Clytemnestra is laughing.
3. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) Clytemnestra favors him.
(b) The gods have spoken to him.
(c) He is gotten married.
(d) He is home in Mycenae.
4. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
(b) He believes it is more humbling.
(c) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
(d) He believes it is grander.
5. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
(a) She is merely continuing the curse.
(b) She has begun another curse.
(c) She has awakened the Furies.
(d) She has ended the curse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
2. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
3. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
4. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
5. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)