|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Their reliance on the gods to intervene.
(b) Their ignorance about politics.
(c) Their support of Cassandra.
(d) Underestimating her because of her gender.
2. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(b) She claims to have been fine without him.
(c) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(d) She claims to have been lonely without him.
3. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A ship.
(d) A moonbeam.
4. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) An old man.
(b) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(c) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(d) A new baby.
5. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(b) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(c) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(d) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
2. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
3. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
4. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
5. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)