|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Blasphemous offerings.
(c) Maidens to pray.
(d) Offerings to the gods.
2. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
(a) They grieve for their king.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They believe he got what he deserved.
(d) They are joyous.
3. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
4. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
(a) Apollo will forgive her.
(b) Athena will protect her.
(c) Her death will be avenged.
(d) She will be remembered.
5. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not listening to the herald.
(b) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(c) Not believing her.
(d) Not respecting Agamemnon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
2. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
3. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
4. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
5. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)