|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
2. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of the gods.
(b) It was the will of two kings.
(c) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(d) It was over a woman.
3. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) Another battle at sea.
(b) The journey home.
(c) His reign as king.
(d) The sacrifices to the gods.
4. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A moonbeam.
(d) A ship.
5. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) In a chariot.
(b) On foot.
(c) In a horse-cart.
(d) On horse back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
2. How is Aegisthus related to the house of Atreus?
3. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
4. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
5. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)