|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(b) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(c) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
2. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
(a) She does not move from the chariot.
(b) She tells her she does not wish to leave the city.
(c) Cassandra refuses the wine Clytemnestra offers.
(d) Cassandra throws herself at her feet.
3. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The Watchman.
(b) The leader of the chorus.
4. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) An old man.
(b) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(c) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(d) A new baby.
5. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
2. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
3. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
4. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
5. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)