|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
2. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
(a) She has begun another curse.
(b) She is merely continuing the curse.
(c) She has ended the curse.
(d) She has awakened the Furies.
3. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
4. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(b) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(c) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(d) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
5. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
(a) Clytemnestra's vengeance.
(b) The will of the gods.
(c) The actions of Agamemnon and his father.
(d) Agamemnon's disregard for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
2. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
3. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
4. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
5. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)