|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
(a) A white cloth.
(b) A purple cloth.
(c) A red cloth.
(d) A gold cloth.
2. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
(a) He turned the other gods against her.
(b) He took away her gift of prophecy.
(c) He cursed her to speak the truth but never to be believed.
(d) He impregnated her, shaming her family.
3. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
(b) On top of mountains.
(c) In caves.
(d) In trees.
4. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
5. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra is not very smart.
(b) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(c) Cassandra is deaf.
(d) Cassandra is being belligerent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
2. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
3. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
4. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)