|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He dishonored Aphrodite.
(b) He murdered Menelaus.
(c) He rejected Apollo.
(d) He kidnapped Helen.
2. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
3. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
4. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(b) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(c) He is very happy with it.
(d) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
5. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of young women.
(b) A group of young men.
(c) A group of holy men.
(d) A group of old men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
2. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
3. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
4. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
5. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)