|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(b) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(c) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(d) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
(a) Agamemnon's disregard for others.
(b) Clytemnestra's vengeance.
(c) The actions of Agamemnon and his father.
(d) The will of the gods.
4. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(b) She does not wish to see him.
(c) She has been loyal and faithful.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
5. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(b) Troy has been defeated.
(c) Agamemnon has died.
(d) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
2. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
3. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
4. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
5. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)