|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
2. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(b) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(c) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(d) She claims to have been fine without him.
3. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) The journey home.
(b) Another battle at sea.
(c) The sacrifices to the gods.
(d) His reign as king.
4. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra was to give herself to him.
(b) Cassandra was to honor him publicly.
(c) Cassandra was to renounce all other gods.
(d) Cassandra was to build a shrine to him.
5. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) In trees.
(b) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
(c) On top of mountains.
(d) In caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
2. How is Aegisthus related to the house of Atreus?
3. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
4. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
5. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)