|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of foreboding.
(b) They have feelings of hysteria.
(c) They have feelings of sickness.
(d) They have feelings of joy.
2. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
(a) She has awakened the Furies.
(b) She has begun another curse.
(c) She is merely continuing the curse.
(d) She has ended the curse.
3. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
(b) A prophecy.
(c) No wind.
(d) He did not wish to leave his family.
4. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He murdered Menelaus.
(b) He kidnapped Helen.
(c) He rejected Apollo.
(d) He dishonored Aphrodite.
5. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
(a) The chorus.
(c) Their benevolence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
2. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
3. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
4. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)