|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
(a) He cursed her to speak the truth but never to be believed.
(b) He turned the other gods against her.
(c) He impregnated her, shaming her family.
(d) He took away her gift of prophecy.
2. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(b) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(c) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(d) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
3. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(b) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(c) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(d) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
4. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He does not find it unsuitable.
(b) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
(c) He says it is too poor for a king.
(d) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
5. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(b) She claims to have been fine without him.
(c) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(d) She claims to have been lonely without him.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
2. For what does Clytemnestra particularly take offense with the chorus while reveling in her triumph?
3. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
4. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)