|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
(a) He threatens them violently.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He goes back inside.
(d) He meekly agrees.
2. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) Agamemnon to survive.
(b) An afterlife.
(c) An easy death.
3. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Their reliance on the gods to intervene.
(b) Their support of Cassandra.
(c) Underestimating her because of her gender.
(d) Their ignorance about politics.
4. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
(b) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
(c) He does not find it unsuitable.
(d) He says it is too poor for a king.
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(b) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(c) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(d) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clytemnestra defend her actions against Agamemnon to the chorus?
2. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
3. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
4. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)