|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The kidnapping of Helen.
(b) The fall of Troy.
(c) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
(d) The death of Achilles.
2. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
3. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
(a) A child's game.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A sailing ship.
(d) A footrace.
4. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
5. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He was killed in battle.
(b) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
(c) His ship is lost after a storm.
(d) He has returns home safely.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
2. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
3. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
4. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
5. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)