|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of old men.
(b) A group of young men.
(c) A group of young women.
(d) A group of holy men.
2. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) Agamemnon to survive.
(c) An afterlife.
(d) An easy death.
3. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) Another battle at sea.
(b) His reign as king.
(c) The sacrifices to the gods.
(d) The journey home.
4. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
5. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) They got what they deserved.
(b) It is a tragedy.
(c) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
(d) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the herald thank the gods?
2. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
3. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
4. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
5. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)