|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(a) Carrying his wife.
(c) On a horse.
(d) In his boots.
2. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
(a) She sees herself as queen of Mycenae.
(b) She sees herself ruling Mycenae with Clytemnestra's lover.
(c) She sees the murder of herself and Agamemnon by Clytemnestra.
(d) She sees herself escaping the city.
3. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
(b) On top of mountains.
(c) In caves.
(d) In trees.
4. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
(a) Cassandra refuses the wine Clytemnestra offers.
(b) Cassandra throws herself at her feet.
(c) She does not move from the chariot.
(d) She tells her she does not wish to leave the city.
5. To Aegisthus's consternation, of what does the chorus remind him?
(a) He is half the man that Agamemnon was.
(b) He was not fit to be a soldier.
(c) He is not of royal blood.
(d) Clytemnestra did all the work in murdering Agamemnon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
2. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
3. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
4. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
5. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)