|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
(a) He claims to have killed Cassandra.
(b) He claims to have bested Apollo in a competition.
(c) He claims to have killed Agamemnon.
(d) He claims to have planned Agamemnon's death.
2. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(a) On a horse.
(c) Carrying his wife.
(d) In his boots.
3. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(b) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(c) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
(d) He is very happy with it.
4. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) Her royal jewelry.
(b) Her long hair.
(c) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
(d) The crest of her family.
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
2. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
3. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
4. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
5. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)