|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(b) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
(c) She begs the princess to leave.
(d) She grows angry and goes inside.
2. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
(a) Allow Agamemnon to be buried without any offerings made to the gods.
(b) Allow Aegisthus to rule Mycenae.
(c) Allow her son to return.
(d) Allow her to retire.
3. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
4. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(b) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(c) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(d) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
5. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
(a) She sees herself escaping the city.
(b) She sees herself ruling Mycenae with Clytemnestra's lover.
(c) She sees the murder of herself and Agamemnon by Clytemnestra.
(d) She sees herself as queen of Mycenae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
2. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
3. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
4. For what does Clytemnestra particularly take offense with the chorus while reveling in her triumph?
5. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)