|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 5 (p.150-159).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
(a) He claims to have killed Cassandra.
(b) He claims to have killed Agamemnon.
(c) He claims to have planned Agamemnon's death.
(d) He claims to have bested Apollo in a competition.
2. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His soul is restless.
(b) He perished at sea.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
3. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
(a) Agamemnon's disregard for others.
(b) Clytemnestra's vengeance.
(c) The will of the gods.
(d) The actions of Agamemnon and his father.
4. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(b) He is very happy with it.
(c) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(d) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
5. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
2. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
3. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
4. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
5. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)