|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is grander.
(b) He believes it is more humbling.
(c) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
(d) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
2. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(b) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
(c) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
(d) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
3. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
4. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His ship is lost after a storm.
(b) He has returns home safely.
(c) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
(d) He was killed in battle.
5. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(b) A new baby.
(c) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(d) An old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
2. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
3. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)