|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(b) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(c) King Priam is invading.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
2. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He does not find it unsuitable.
(b) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
(c) He says it is too poor for a king.
(d) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
3. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is Helen's half sister.
(b) She is a Trojan princess.
(c) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(d) She is a priestess of Athena.
4. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
(b) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(c) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(d) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(b) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
(c) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(d) He is very happy with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
2. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
3. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
4. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
5. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)