|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She has been loyal and faithful.
(b) She is pregnant with his child.
(c) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(d) She does not wish to see him.
2. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(b) Carrying his wife.
(c) In his boots.
(d) On a horse.
3. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
4. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a chariot.
(c) On horse back.
(d) In a horse-cart.
5. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(b) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(c) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
(d) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
2. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
3. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
4. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
5. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)