|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
(a) A red cloth.
(b) A purple cloth.
(c) A gold cloth.
(d) A white cloth.
2. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He perished at sea.
(b) His soul is restless.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
3. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(b) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(c) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(d) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
4. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims to have been fine without him.
(b) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(c) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(d) She claims to have been lonely without him.
5. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his children.
(b) His thoughts of his home.
(d) His thoughts of his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. For what does the herald thank the gods?
4. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
5. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)