|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(b) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(c) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(d) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
2. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
(a) A red cloth.
(b) A gold cloth.
(c) A white cloth.
(d) A purple cloth.
3. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
4. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(b) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(c) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(d) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
5. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(a) In his boots.
(c) On a horse.
(d) Carrying his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
2. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
3. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
4. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
5. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)