|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
2. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
3. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims to have been fine without him.
(b) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(c) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(d) She claims that her life improved after he left.
4. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
(b) They got what they deserved.
(c) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
(d) It is a tragedy.
5. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(b) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(c) Troy has been defeated.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
2. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
3. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
4. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
5. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)