|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of young men.
(b) A group of young women.
(c) A group of holy men.
(d) A group of old men.
2. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of two kings.
(b) It was the will of the gods.
(c) It was over a woman.
(d) It was because of a misunderstanding.
3. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His soul is restless.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
(d) He perished at sea.
4. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his children.
(b) His thoughts of his wife.
(c) His thoughts of his home.
5. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(b) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(c) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(d) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the herald thank the gods?
2. What does the herald ask of the gods?
3. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
4. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
5. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)