|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) On top of mountains.
(b) In trees.
(c) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
(d) In caves.
2. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He says it is too poor for a king.
(b) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
(c) He does not find it unsuitable.
(d) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
3. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
4. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
5. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(b) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(c) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(d) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
2. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
3. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
5. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)