|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(b) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(c) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
2. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) His fate is open.
(b) His fate will be to live a long life.
(c) His is preordained.
(d) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
3. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
4. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(b) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(c) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(d) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
5. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
(a) As well as she could.
(b) Safe and welcoming upon his return.
(c) She has given it over to someone else for safekeeping.
(d) She has been overwhelmed by the responsibilities of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
2. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
3. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
4. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
5. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)