|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She has been loyal and faithful.
(b) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(c) She does not wish to see him.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
2. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Agamemnon.
(b) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(c) He brings news of Orestes.
(d) He brings news of Iphigenia.
3. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(b) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
(c) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(d) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
4. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
5. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
2. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
3. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
4. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)