|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
2. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) His reign as king.
(b) The sacrifices to the gods.
(c) The journey home.
(d) Another battle at sea.
3. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(b) The Watchman.
4. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His continued fealty to his people.
(b) His continued piety to the gods.
(c) Victory with Troy.
(d) His captive, Cassandra.
5. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) In a chariot.
(b) On foot.
(c) On horse back.
(d) In a horse-cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
2. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
3. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
4. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
5. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)