|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not respecting Agamemnon.
(b) Not believing her.
(c) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(d) Not listening to the herald.
2. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of the gods.
(b) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(c) It was over a woman.
(d) It was the will of two kings.
3. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) The homecoming.
(b) Victory at war.
(c) The blessings of the gods.
4. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(b) An old man.
(c) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(d) A new baby.
5. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of young men.
(b) A group of holy men.
(c) A group of young women.
(d) A group of old men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
2. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
3. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
4. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
5. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)