|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
2. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) He did not wish to leave his family.
(b) No wind.
(c) A prophecy.
(d) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
3. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims to have been fine without him.
(b) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(c) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(d) She claims to have been lonely without him.
4. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(b) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
(c) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(d) He is very happy with it.
5. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(b) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(c) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(d) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
2. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
3. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
4. Why is the herald so joyful?
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)