|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(b) He is very happy with it.
(c) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(d) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
2. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) His fate will be to live a long life.
(b) His is preordained.
(c) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
(d) His fate is open.
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(b) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(c) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(d) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
4. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not listening to the herald.
(b) Not respecting Agamemnon.
(c) Not believing her.
(d) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
5. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He kidnapped Helen.
(b) He dishonored Aphrodite.
(c) He rejected Apollo.
(d) He murdered Menelaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
2. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
3. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
4. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
5. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)