|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of young women.
(b) A group of old men.
(c) A group of holy men.
(d) A group of young men.
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(b) The leader of the chorus.
(c) The Watchman.
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(b) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(c) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(d) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
4. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) The homecoming.
(c) Victory at war.
(d) The blessings of the gods.
5. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(b) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(c) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(d) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
2. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
3. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
4. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)