|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
(b) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(c) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(d) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
2. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
3. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(b) He is very happy with it.
(c) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(d) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
4. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(b) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(c) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(d) She claims to have been fine without him.
5. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(b) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(d) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
2. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
3. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
4. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
5. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)