|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(b) King Priam is invading.
(c) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
2. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
(a) She has been overwhelmed by the responsibilities of it.
(b) As well as she could.
(c) She has given it over to someone else for safekeeping.
(d) Safe and welcoming upon his return.
3. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(b) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(c) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(d) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
4. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His continued fealty to his people.
(b) His captive, Cassandra.
(c) His continued piety to the gods.
(d) Victory with Troy.
5. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
2. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
3. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
4. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
5. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)