|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) In caves.
(b) In trees.
(c) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
(d) On top of mountains.
2. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) He is home in Mycenae.
(b) The gods have spoken to him.
(c) Clytemnestra favors him.
(d) He is gotten married.
3. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his wife.
(b) His thoughts of his children.
(c) His thoughts of his home.
4. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
5. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(d) The Watchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the herald ask of the gods?
2. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
3. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
4. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
5. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)