|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His captive, Cassandra.
(b) Victory with Troy.
(c) His continued fealty to his people.
(d) His continued piety to the gods.
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(b) The Watchman.
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(b) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(c) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(d) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
4. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(b) He is very happy with it.
(c) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
(d) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
5. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He was killed in battle.
(b) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
(c) He has returns home safely.
(d) His ship is lost after a storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
2. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
3. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
4. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)