|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(b) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(c) Troy has been defeated.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
2. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(b) He brings news of Agamemnon.
(c) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(d) He brings news of Orestes.
3. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not respecting Agamemnon.
(b) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(c) Not believing her.
(d) Not listening to the herald.
4. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
5. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
2. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
3. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
4. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
5. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)