|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has been defeated.
(b) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(c) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
2. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(b) Carrying his wife.
(c) On a horse.
(d) In his boots.
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He says it is too poor for a king.
(b) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
(c) He does not find it unsuitable.
(d) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
5. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(b) She is a Trojan princess.
(c) She is Helen's half sister.
(d) She is a priestess of Athena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)