|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His continued piety to the gods.
(b) His captive, Cassandra.
(c) His continued fealty to his people.
(d) Victory with Troy.
2. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
3. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
4. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Agamemnon has died.
(b) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(c) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(d) Troy has been defeated.
5. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(b) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(c) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(d) She watched for any sign from the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
2. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
3. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
4. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
5. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)