|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
2. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(b) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(c) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(d) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
3. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) In a horse-cart.
(b) In a chariot.
(c) On foot.
(d) On horse back.
4. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(b) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(c) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(d) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
5. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
2. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
3. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
4. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
5. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)