|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) He did not wish to leave his family.
(b) No wind.
(c) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
(d) A prophecy.
2. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is Helen's half sister.
(b) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(c) She is a Trojan princess.
(d) She is a priestess of Athena.
3. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) A moonbeam.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A ship.
4. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of holy men.
(b) A group of young women.
(c) A group of old men.
(d) A group of young men.
5. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
2. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
4. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
5. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)