|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
2. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(b) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(c) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(d) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
3. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
(a) A child's game.
(b) A footrace.
(c) A sailing ship.
(d) A horse race.
4. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his wife.
(b) His thoughts of his children.
(d) His thoughts of his home.
5. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
(b) He was killed in battle.
(c) His ship is lost after a storm.
(d) He has returns home safely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
2. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
3. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
4. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)