|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is an inexperienced queen.
(c) She is not faithful to her husband.
(d) She is not a holy woman.
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The Watchman.
(c) The leader of the chorus.
3. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(b) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(d) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
4. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his home.
(c) His thoughts of his children.
(d) His thoughts of his wife.
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
2. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
3. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
4. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)