|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(b) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(c) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(d) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
2. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) Clytemnestra favors him.
(b) The gods have spoken to him.
(c) He is gotten married.
(d) He is home in Mycenae.
3. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) His fate is open.
(b) His is preordained.
(c) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
(d) His fate will be to live a long life.
4. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of old men.
(b) A group of holy men.
(c) A group of young women.
(d) A group of young men.
5. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not believing her.
(b) Not respecting Agamemnon.
(c) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(d) Not listening to the herald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
2. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
3. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
4. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
5. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)