|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) His fate will be to live a long life.
(b) His fate is open.
(c) His is preordained.
(d) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
2. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(b) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(c) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(d) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
4. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
2. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
3. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
4. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
5. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)