|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(b) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(c) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
(d) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
2. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Following the will of the gods.
(b) Following his heart.
(c) Breaking the laws of nature.
(d) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
3. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not respecting Agamemnon.
(b) Not listening to the herald.
(c) Not believing her.
(d) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
4. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) He is home in Mycenae.
(b) Clytemnestra favors him.
(c) The gods have spoken to him.
(d) He is gotten married.
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
2. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
4. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)