|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(b) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(c) A new baby.
(d) An old man.
2. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(b) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(c) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(d) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
4. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His ship is lost after a storm.
(b) He has returns home safely.
(c) He was killed in battle.
(d) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
5. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) They got what they deserved.
(b) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
(c) It is a tragedy.
(d) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
Short Answer Questions
1. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
2. Why is the herald so joyful?
3. What does the herald ask of the gods?
4. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
5. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)