|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Breaking the laws of nature.
(b) Following his heart.
(c) Following the will of the gods.
(d) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
2. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
3. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
4. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) The sacrifices to the gods.
(b) His reign as king.
(c) The journey home.
(d) Another battle at sea.
5. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(b) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(c) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(d) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
2. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
3. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
4. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
5. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)