|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
2. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
(b) No wind.
(c) A prophecy.
(d) He did not wish to leave his family.
3. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(b) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(c) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
(d) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
4. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) Another battle at sea.
(b) The sacrifices to the gods.
(c) His reign as king.
(d) The journey home.
5. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He was killed in battle.
(b) His ship is lost after a storm.
(c) He has returns home safely.
(d) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
2. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
5. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)