|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
2. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) His soul is restless.
(d) He perished at sea.
3. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(b) The Watchman.
(c) The leader of the chorus.
4. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) A ship.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A moonbeam.
(d) A bonfire.
5. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Maidens to pray.
(c) Offerings to the gods.
(d) Blasphemous offerings.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
2. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
3. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
4. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
5. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)