|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) Clytemnestra favors him.
(b) He is home in Mycenae.
(c) He is gotten married.
(d) The gods have spoken to him.
2. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A moonbeam.
(d) A ship.
3. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(b) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
4. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(b) He brings news of Orestes.
(c) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(d) He brings news of Agamemnon.
5. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(b) Not listening to the herald.
(c) Not believing her.
(d) Not respecting Agamemnon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
2. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
3. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
4. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
5. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)