|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) The blessings of the gods.
(b) The homecoming.
(c) Victory at war.
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(b) The Watchman.
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(b) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(c) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
(d) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
5. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(b) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(c) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(d) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
2. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
3. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
4. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)