|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(b) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(c) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(d) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
2. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He dishonored Aphrodite.
(b) He murdered Menelaus.
(c) He rejected Apollo.
(d) He kidnapped Helen.
3. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A new baby.
(b) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(c) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(d) An old man.
4. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The Watchman.
(d) The leader of the chorus.
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
2. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
3. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
4. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
5. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)