|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(b) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
2. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) His fate is open.
(b) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
(c) His is preordained.
(d) His fate will be to live a long life.
3. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of young men.
(b) A group of holy men.
(c) A group of old men.
(d) A group of young women.
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(b) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(c) King Priam is invading.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
5. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
2. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
3. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
4. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
5. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)