|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) Another battle at sea.
(b) His reign as king.
(c) The journey home.
(d) The sacrifices to the gods.
2. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(b) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(c) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
(d) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
3. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A new baby.
(b) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(c) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(d) An old man.
4. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(b) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(c) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(d) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
5. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) In caves.
(b) On top of mountains.
(c) In trees.
(d) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
2. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
4. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
5. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)