|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) The homecoming.
(c) The blessings of the gods.
(d) Victory at war.
2. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) They got what they deserved.
(b) It is a tragedy.
(c) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
(d) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
3. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(b) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(c) An old man.
(d) A new baby.
4. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
5. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the herald ask of the gods?
2. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
3. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
4. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
5. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)