|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(b) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(c) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(d) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
2. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
3. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) The journey home.
(b) Another battle at sea.
(c) His reign as king.
(d) The sacrifices to the gods.
4. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
(b) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
(c) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(d) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
5. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(b) Agamemnon has died.
(c) King Priam is invading.
(d) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
2. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
3. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
4. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)