|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
(a) Safe and welcoming upon his return.
(b) She has given it over to someone else for safekeeping.
(c) She has been overwhelmed by the responsibilities of it.
(d) As well as she could.
2. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(b) Agamemnon has died.
(c) Troy has been defeated.
(d) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
3. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He rejected Apollo.
(b) He murdered Menelaus.
(c) He dishonored Aphrodite.
(d) He kidnapped Helen.
4. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She has been loyal and faithful.
(b) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(c) She is pregnant with his child.
(d) She does not wish to see him.
5. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
2. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
3. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
4. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
5. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)