|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
2. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(b) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(c) Troy has been defeated.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
3. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(b) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(c) He brings news of Orestes.
(d) He brings news of Agamemnon.
4. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He is still alive.
(b) He perished at sea.
(c) His soul is restless.
(d) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
5. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(b) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(c) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(d) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
2. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
5. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)