|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
(b) His fate will be to live a long life.
(c) His fate is open.
(d) His is preordained.
2. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of holy men.
(b) A group of young women.
(c) A group of young men.
(d) A group of old men.
3. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
(b) He was killed in battle.
(c) His ship is lost after a storm.
(d) He has returns home safely.
4. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
5. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
2. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
3. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
4. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
5. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)