|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) It is a tragedy.
(b) They got what they deserved.
(c) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
(d) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
2. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(c) She does not wish to see him.
(d) She has been loyal and faithful.
3. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) On top of mountains.
(b) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
(c) In trees.
(d) In caves.
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Agamemnon has died.
(b) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(c) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(d) King Priam is invading.
5. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) The journey home.
(b) Another battle at sea.
(c) His reign as king.
(d) The sacrifices to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
2. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
3. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
4. What does the herald ask of the gods?
5. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)