|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
2. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
3. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
4. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not listening to the herald.
(b) Not respecting Agamemnon.
(c) Not believing her.
(d) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
5. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
(b) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(c) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(d) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
2. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
3. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
4. For what does the herald thank the gods?
5. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)