|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
(b) His fate is open.
(c) His fate will be to live a long life.
(d) His is preordained.
2. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(b) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(c) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
3. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
(b) He has returns home safely.
(c) His ship is lost after a storm.
(d) He was killed in battle.
4. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
2. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
4. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
5. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)