|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
2. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not respecting Agamemnon.
(b) Not listening to the herald.
(c) Not believing her.
(d) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) A prophecy.
(b) No wind.
(c) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
(d) He did not wish to leave his family.
5. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
2. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
3. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
4. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
5. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)