|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
2. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A ship.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A moonbeam.
3. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
4. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Blasphemous offerings.
(c) Offerings to the gods.
(d) Maidens to pray.
5. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He murdered Menelaus.
(b) He kidnapped Helen.
(c) He rejected Apollo.
(d) He dishonored Aphrodite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
2. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
3. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
4. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
5. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)