|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(b) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
(c) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(d) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
2. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(b) He brings news of Agamemnon.
(c) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(d) He brings news of Orestes.
3. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(b) Agamemnon has died.
(c) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(d) Troy has been defeated.
4. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
2. For what does the herald thank the gods?
3. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
4. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
5. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)