|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
2. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
3. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
4. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
(b) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(c) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(d) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
5. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
(b) Breaking the laws of nature.
(c) Following the will of the gods.
(d) Following his heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
2. What does the herald ask of the gods?
3. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
4. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
5. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)