|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
(b) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(c) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(d) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
2. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A ship.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A moonbeam.
3. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Following the will of the gods.
(b) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
(c) Breaking the laws of nature.
(d) Following his heart.
4. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not believing her.
(b) Not listening to the herald.
(c) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(d) Not respecting Agamemnon.
5. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) His is preordained.
(b) His fate is open.
(c) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
(d) His fate will be to live a long life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
2. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
5. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)