|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not listening to the herald.
(b) Not believing her.
(c) Not respecting Agamemnon.
(d) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
2. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is not faithful to her husband.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is not a holy woman.
(d) She is an inexperienced queen.
3. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
4. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
5. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Orestes.
(b) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(c) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(d) He brings news of Agamemnon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
2. Why is the herald so joyful?
3. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
4. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
5. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)