|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
2. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
(b) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(c) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
(d) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
3. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He is still alive.
(b) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
(c) His soul is restless.
(d) He perished at sea.
4. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
2. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
5. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)