|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She has been loyal and faithful.
(c) She does not wish to see him.
(d) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
2. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(b) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
(c) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(d) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
3. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
4. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
5. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) The homecoming.
(b) The blessings of the gods.
(c) Victory at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
2. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
3. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
4. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
5. For what does the herald thank the gods?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)