Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 3 (p.133-140).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(b) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(c) He brings news of Orestes.
(d) He brings news of Agamemnon.
2. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of two kings.
(b) It was the will of the gods.
(c) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(d) It was over a woman.
3. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(b) The leader of the chorus.
(d) The Watchman.
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) King Priam is invading.
(b) Agamemnon has died.
(c) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(d) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
5. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Agamemnon has died.
(b) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
(c) Troy has been defeated.
(d) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
2. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
3. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
4. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
5. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)