Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 2 (p. 125-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(b) Agamemnon has died.
(c) Troy has been defeated.
(d) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
2. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(b) She is pregnant with his child.
(c) She has been loyal and faithful.
(d) She does not wish to see him.
3. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
4. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A ship.
(d) A moonbeam.
5. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(b) Offerings to the gods.
(c) Blasphemous offerings.
(d) Maidens to pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
2. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
3. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
4. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
5. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)