|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He is still alive.
(b) He perished at sea.
(c) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
(d) His soul is restless.
2. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are repulsed by her.
(b) They are dismissive of her.
(c) They are in awe of her.
(d) They sympathize with her.
3. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
4. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(b) Victory at war.
(c) The homecoming.
(d) The blessings of the gods.
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the beginning of "The Eumenides" take place?
2. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
3. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
4. What does Orestes remind his mother of when she pleads for her life?
5. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)