|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
(a) She has been overwhelmed by the responsibilities of it.
(b) Safe and welcoming upon his return.
(c) She has given it over to someone else for safekeeping.
(d) As well as she could.
2. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
3. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(b) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(d) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
4. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Agamemnon is screaming.
(b) Cassandra is screaming.
(c) Clytemnestra is laughing.
(d) Orestes returns to the city.
5. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
(a) A sailing ship.
(b) A child's game.
(c) A horse race.
(d) A footrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
2. Where does the action of the third part of "The Libation Bearers" take place?
3. What does Orestes hold up as proof that his father has been avenged?
4. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
5. What do the Furies complain about when they awaken in the beginning of "The Eumenides"?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)