|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra call out for when she hears the noise from inside the palace in the third part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) The Furies.
(b) A sword.
(c) Zeus's intervention.
(d) An axe.
2. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
(a) She tells him Iphigenia pleaded for her life before being sacrificed.
(b) She reminds him that Electra will be motherless.
(c) She reminds Orestes that she is his mother.
(d) She tells Orestes she was ordered by Zeus to kill Agamemnon.
3. To whom does the oracle pray after her vision in the beginning of The Eumenides?
4. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
(b) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(c) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(d) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
5. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom must Cilissa go fetch?
2. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
3. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
4. What has Electra been forced to do in the years since her father's death?
5. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)