|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
(a) He wonders if Aegisthus is receiving an adulterer's punishment.
(b) He wonders if Aegisthus was truly guilty.
(c) He wonders if Aegisthus was repenting his sins in the last moments of his life.
(d) He wonders if Aegisthus suffered during his death.
2. To whom does the oracle pray after her vision in the beginning of The Eumenides?
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. What does Orestes promise Zeus if he succeeds in his revenge?
(a) He will live anonymously and wisely.
(b) He will build a grand altar for Zeus.
(c) He will restore the glory of their name.
(d) He will worship the gods as humbly as he can.
5. Who commanded Orestes to seek vengeance for his father's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
2. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
3. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
4. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
5. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)