|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(b) It was the will of the gods.
(c) It was the will of two kings.
(d) It was over a woman.
2. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
3. Why does Apollo claim that Clytemnestra needed to be killed?
(a) Iphigenia was wrongly murdered.
(b) She killed her husband.
(c) She was an adulteress.
(d) She would have murdered her own children had she not been killed.
4. What does the chorus instruct Cilissa to do instead of following Clytemnestra's orders?
(a) Cilissa must convince Aegisthus to cleanse himself.
(b) Cilissa must bring Aegisthus alone.
(c) Cilissa must cut Aegisthus's throat.
(d) Cilissa must push Aegisthus into the bay.
5. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(b) She is pregnant with his child.
(c) She does not wish to see him.
(d) She has been loyal and faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard from inside the palace after Aegisthus enters it?
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. What has Electra been forced to do in the years since her father's death?
4. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
5. What does Orestes remind his mother of when she pleads for her life?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)