|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) A lock of his hair.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) His sister's letters.
(d) His sword.
2. Where does the beginning of "The Eumenides" take place?
3. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is a Trojan princess.
(b) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(c) She is a priestess of Athena.
(d) She is Helen's half sister.
4. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) His fate will be to live a long life.
(b) His fate is open.
(c) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
(d) His is preordained.
5. Whom must Cilissa go fetch?
(b) The leader of the chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aegisthus's relationship to Clytemnestra as demonstrated at the end of "The Agamemnon"?
2. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
3. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
4. How does Clytemnestra defend her actions against Agamemnon to the chorus?
5. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)