|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Success in his plan of revenge for his father's murder.
(b) Safe voyage overseas.
(c) Peace of mind.
(d) His success in war.
2. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(b) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(c) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(d) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
3. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(b) An oracle.
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Agamemnon has died.
(b) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(c) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(d) King Priam is invading.
5. What does Orestes promise Zeus if he succeeds in his revenge?
(a) He will worship the gods as humbly as he can.
(b) He will restore the glory of their name.
(c) He will live anonymously and wisely.
(d) He will build a grand altar for Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
2. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
3. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
4. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
5. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)