|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
(a) She is unsure of whether to mourn her father.
(b) She is unsure of where to go when she runs away.
(c) She is unsure if she is truly her father's daughter.
(d) She is unsure of how to pray.
2. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
(a) The death of Aegisthus.
(b) Her mother's forgiveness.
(c) Her brother's return.
(d) Menelaus's vengeance on Cltemnestra.
3. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She will overpower her would-be murderer.
(b) Agamemnon will die.
(c) She will ascend to Mount Olympus.
(d) Someone will return to Mycenae and right all the wrongs.
4. What must Aegisthus bring with him to the palace?
(a) Offerings to the gods.
(b) A regiment of soldiers.
(c) Orestes' sword.
(d) Agamemnon's body.
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
2. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
3. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
4. What false news does the disguised Orestes give Clytemnestra?
5. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)