|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
2. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(b) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(c) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(d) She claims to have been fine without him.
3. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
(b) He has returns home safely.
(c) He was killed in battle.
(d) His ship is lost after a storm.
4. How does Orestes convince Electra that he is her brother when they find each other at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) He looks like their father.
(b) He has the marks from their mother's abuse on him.
(c) He is wearing the robe she made for him.
(d) He bears letters from her.
5. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) A moonbeam.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A ship.
(d) An arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom must Cilissa go fetch?
2. Why does Apollo claim that Clytemnestra needed to be killed?
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
4. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
5. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)