|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Apollo claim that Clytemnestra needed to be killed?
(a) She would have murdered her own children had she not been killed.
(b) Iphigenia was wrongly murdered.
(c) She killed her husband.
(d) She was an adulteress.
2. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Orestes has returned.
(b) The ghost of her daughter is following her.
(c) Aegisthus is preparing to murder her.
(d) Agamemnon and Cassandra are murdered.
3. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) It is a tragedy.
(b) They got what they deserved.
(c) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
(d) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
4. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
(a) He does not know if he should kill himself after his revenge.
(b) He does not know if Zeus is truly watching.
(c) He does not know whether he should kill his mother or spare her.
(d) He does not know whether he should kill his sister.
5. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
2. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
5. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)