|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(b) An oracle.
2. To Aegisthus's consternation, of what does the chorus remind him?
(a) He is half the man that Agamemnon was.
(b) He was not fit to be a soldier.
(c) He is not of royal blood.
(d) Clytemnestra did all the work in murdering Agamemnon.
3. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon or Clytemnestra is the more vicious of the two rulers.
(b) They do not know whether to stop the murder or let it be.
(c) They do not know if Cassandra spoke the truth.
(d) They do not know if there are gods walking among them.
4. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) Family servants who have been with them for years.
(c) Female Trojans whom Agamemnon took prisoner.
(d) Priestesses of Apollo.
5. What does Orestes hold up as proof that his father has been avenged?
(a) His mother's bloody robes.
(b) The crown.
(c) Aegisthus's bloody robes.
(d) The cloth that Agamemnon was trapped in before he was murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the herald ask of the gods?
2. What does the chorus instruct Cilissa to do instead of following Clytemnestra's orders?
3. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
4. What does part of the chorus suggest to Clytemnestra about her actions when they confront her?
5. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)