|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Apollo in the first part of the third play, where must Orestes travel?
2. What is concerning the chorus at the end of Play 1, Part 1?
(a) They do not know if Troy has truly fallen.
(b) They do not know if Agamemnon's return is as joyful as they believed.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon knows that his wife has not been faithful.
(d) They do not know if there is a Trojan assassin waiting for them.
3. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Cassandra is screaming.
(b) Agamemnon is screaming.
(c) Clytemnestra is laughing.
(d) Orestes returns to the city.
4. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) He did not wish to leave his family.
(b) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
(c) A prophecy.
(d) No wind.
5. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Aegisthus will try to avenge his death upon Electra.
(b) His father is cursing his son's actions.
(c) The Furies are going to take revenge upon him for his mother.
(d) His mother will haunt him for all his days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Orestes wish to return to the oracle at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
2. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
3. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
4. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
5. According to Apollo, why should Orestes be left alone?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)