|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is Orestes' old nurse, Cilissa, upon hearing that Orestes was murdered?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is distraught.
(d) She is relieved.
2. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
(a) She reminds him that Electra will be motherless.
(b) She tells him Iphigenia pleaded for her life before being sacrificed.
(c) She reminds Orestes that she is his mother.
(d) She tells Orestes she was ordered by Zeus to kill Agamemnon.
3. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
(a) Orestes will return and rule it with her.
(b) She will rule it alone.
(c) Aegisthus will rule it.
(d) She and Aegisthus will rule it together.
4. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
5. Who is the oracle?
(a) A priest who speaks to the gods.
(b) A woman who prophesizes from the gods.
(c) Orestes' sister.
(d) A priestess of Hera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
2. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
3. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
4. What is Aegisthus's relationship to Clytemnestra as demonstrated at the end of "The Agamemnon"?
5. What has Electra been forced to do in the years since her father's death?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)