|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is not faithful to her husband.
(b) She is not a holy woman.
(c) She is an inexperienced queen.
(d) She is a woman.
2. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(a) The oracle at Delphi.
3. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) Her long hair.
(b) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
(c) Her royal jewelry.
(d) The crest of her family.
4. What do the Furies tell Apollo about their hunt for Orestes?
(a) It is their right to hunt someone who has left his sister an orphan.
(b) It is their right to hunt whom they please.
(c) It is their right to avenge the death of Iphigenia upon anyone connected.
(d) It is their right to punish those who murder their mothers.
5. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(b) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(c) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(d) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
2. What has Electra been forced to do in the years since her father's death?
3. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
4. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
5. What must Aegisthus bring with him to the palace?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)