|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Following his heart.
(b) Breaking the laws of nature.
(c) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
(d) Following the will of the gods.
2. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
(a) She has given it over to someone else for safekeeping.
(b) She has been overwhelmed by the responsibilities of it.
(c) Safe and welcoming upon his return.
(d) As well as she could.
3. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Greet her properly.
(b) Leave the city.
(c) Drink some wine.
(d) Enter the palace.
4. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
5. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) His sister's letters.
(b) His sword.
(c) A book of verse.
(d) A lock of his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
2. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
3. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
4. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)