|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(b) Offerings to the gods.
(c) Blasphemous offerings.
(d) Maidens to pray.
2. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) An afterlife.
(b) An easy death.
(c) Agamemnon to survive.
3. To Aegisthus's consternation, of what does the chorus remind him?
(a) Clytemnestra did all the work in murdering Agamemnon.
(b) He is half the man that Agamemnon was.
(c) He was not fit to be a soldier.
(d) He is not of royal blood.
4. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of young women.
(b) A group of old men.
(c) A group of holy men.
(d) A group of young men.
5. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is more humbling.
(b) He believes it is grander.
(c) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
(d) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
2. When does the second play take place?
3. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
4. When the Furies do not awaken, what does the ghost urge them to dream about?
5. According to Apollo in the first part of the third play, where must Orestes travel?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)