|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of old men.
(b) A group of young men.
(c) A group of holy men.
(d) A group of young women.
2. Why does Clytemnestra grieve after the false news of her son's death?
(a) Orestes is the only hope of breaking the family curse.
(b) She regrets her treatment of Electra.
(c) Orestes was the only child she loved.
(d) She regrets banishing him..
3. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
(a) He does not know if Zeus is truly watching.
(b) He does not know whether he should kill his mother or spare her.
(c) He does not know if he should kill himself after his revenge.
(d) He does not know whether he should kill his sister.
4. What confuses Orestes about Clytemnestra's orders for the tomb?
(a) He does not know why she cares.
(b) He does not know why libations must be poured over it.
(c) He does not know why she does not perform the ritual herself.
(d) He does not know why she is desecrating the tomb.
5. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
(a) Cassandra refuses the wine Clytemnestra offers.
(b) She tells her she does not wish to leave the city.
(c) Cassandra throws herself at her feet.
(d) She does not move from the chariot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
2. What does Aegisthus claim after his entrance in "The Libation Bearers"?
3. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
4. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
5. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)