|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commanded Orestes to seek vengeance for his father's death?
2. What is revealed with Orestes in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Electra's body.
(b) Aegisthus's body.
(c) His father's armor.
(d) Cilissa's body.
3. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) The Furies are going to take revenge upon him for his mother.
(b) His father is cursing his son's actions.
(c) Aegisthus will try to avenge his death upon Electra.
(d) His mother will haunt him for all his days.
4. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
5. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a chariot.
(c) On horse back.
(d) In a horse-cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Orestes and Electra ask of their father's spirit?
2. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
3. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
4. What is heard from inside the palace after Aegisthus enters it?
5. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)