|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the second play take place?
(a) Several days after Agamemnon's death.
(b) Several years after Agamemnon's death.
(c) Hours after Agamemnon's death.
(d) Weeks after Agamemnon's death.
2. What does Orestes remind his mother of when she pleads for her life?
(a) The gods' will.
(b) Electra's inability to mourn for her father.
(c) Her sins.
(d) His love for her.
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Aegisthus is preparing to murder her.
(b) Orestes has returned.
(c) Agamemnon and Cassandra are murdered.
(d) The ghost of her daughter is following her.
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
3. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
4. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
5. What does Aegisthus claim after his entrance in "The Libation Bearers"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)