|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) An easy death.
(b) Agamemnon to survive.
(d) An afterlife.
2. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
(b) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(c) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
(d) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
3. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
(b) Following the will of the gods.
(c) Following his heart.
(d) Breaking the laws of nature.
4. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
(b) It is a tragedy.
(c) They got what they deserved.
(d) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
5. Whose ghost is urging the Eumenides to chase Orestes?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
2. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
3. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
4. Where does the action of the third part of "The Libation Bearers" take place?
5. According to Apollo, why should Orestes be left alone?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)