|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
(a) The offerings come from Clytemnestra as a loving wife .
(b) The offerings come from Electra as an angry daughter.
(c) The offerings come from a detached subject.
(d) The offerings come from a loyal follower.
2. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(b) An oracle.
3. Whose ghost is urging the Eumenides to chase Orestes?
4. Whom must Cilissa go fetch?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
5. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
(a) His hair looks just like her own.
(b) She gave the book to her brother.
(c) She wrote the letters to her brother.
(d) The sword has the family crest on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the oracle pray after her vision in the beginning of The Eumenides?
2. How does Clytemnestra defend her actions against Agamemnon to the chorus?
3. Why is the herald so joyful?
4. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
5. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)