|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Orestes wish to return to the oracle at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) He wants to receive absolution for his deeds.
(b) He wants to be reassured that he did the right thing.
(c) He wants to receive punishment for his deeds.
(d) He wants another prophecy revealed to him.
2. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
(a) He meekly agrees.
(b) He goes back inside.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He threatens them violently.
3. When the Furies do not awaken, what does the ghost urge them to dream about?
(a) Hunting wild animals.
(b) Avenging their souls on their murderers.
(c) Destroying Orestes.
(d) Running in the fields.
4. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Underestimating her because of her gender.
(b) Their ignorance about politics.
(c) Their reliance on the gods to intervene.
(d) Their support of Cassandra.
5. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) A book of verse.
(b) His sword.
(c) A lock of his hair.
(d) His sister's letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
2. What do the Furies complain about when they awaken in the beginning of "The Eumenides"?
3. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
4. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
5. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)