|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Blasphemous offerings.
(b) Maidens to pray.
(c) Offerings to the gods.
2. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(b) He brings news of Orestes.
(c) He brings news of Agamemnon.
(d) He brings news of Iphigenia.
3. What does Clytemnestra call out for when she hears the noise from inside the palace in the third part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Zeus's intervention.
(b) The Furies.
(c) A sword.
(d) An axe.
4. Where does the beginning of "The Eumenides" take place?
5. What is revealed with Orestes in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Electra's body.
(b) Aegisthus's body.
(c) Cilissa's body.
(d) His father's armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom do the disguised Orestes and Pylades cry out while outside the palace?
2. What is coming true for Clytemnestra in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
3. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
4. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
5. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)