|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She will ascend to Mount Olympus.
(b) She will overpower her would-be murderer.
(c) Someone will return to Mycenae and right all the wrongs.
(d) Agamemnon will die.
2. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(a) Offerings to the gods.
(c) Maidens to pray.
(d) Blasphemous offerings.
3. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Drink some wine.
(b) Leave the city.
(c) Greet her properly.
(d) Enter the palace.
4. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
(b) She grows angry and goes inside.
(c) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(d) She begs the princess to leave.
5. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She does not wish to see him.
(b) She has been loyal and faithful.
(c) She is pregnant with his child.
(d) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
2. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
3. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
4. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
5. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)