|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His continued piety to the gods.
(b) His captive, Cassandra.
(c) His continued fealty to his people.
(d) Victory with Troy.
2. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Agamemnon.
(b) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(c) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(d) He brings news of Orestes.
3. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
(a) She will be remembered.
(b) Her death will be avenged.
(c) Athena will protect her.
(d) Apollo will forgive her.
4. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(b) She is pregnant with his child.
(c) She does not wish to see him.
(d) She has been loyal and faithful.
5. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of the gods.
(b) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(c) It was the will of two kings.
(d) It was over a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
2. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
3. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
4. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
5. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)