|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
(a) They do not know whether to stop the murder or let it be.
(b) They do not know if there are gods walking among them.
(c) They do not know if Cassandra spoke the truth.
(d) They do not know if Agamemnon or Clytemnestra is the more vicious of the two rulers.
2. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(b) A new baby.
(c) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(d) An old man.
3. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
(a) As well as she could.
(b) She has given it over to someone else for safekeeping.
(c) She has been overwhelmed by the responsibilities of it.
(d) Safe and welcoming upon his return.
4. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
(a) The ability to speak in tongues.
(c) The ability of persuasion.
5. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) Her royal jewelry.
(b) Her long hair.
(c) The crest of her family.
(d) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
2. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
3. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
4. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
5. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)