|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(b) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
(c) He is very happy with it.
(d) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
2. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(b) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(c) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(d) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
3. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Drink some wine.
(b) Greet her properly.
(c) Leave the city.
(d) Enter the palace.
4. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(b) Cassandra is not very smart.
(c) Cassandra is being belligerent.
(d) Cassandra is deaf.
5. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
(b) They got what they deserved.
(c) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
(d) It is a tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the herald ask of the gods?
2. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
3. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
4. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
5. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)