|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is an inexperienced queen.
(b) She is not a holy woman.
(c) She is not faithful to her husband.
(d) She is a woman.
2. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) Her long hair.
(b) The crest of her family.
(c) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
(d) Her royal jewelry.
3. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(b) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(c) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(d) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
4. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
5. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
2. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
3. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
4. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
5. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)