|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(b) King Priam is invading.
(c) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(d) Agamemnon has died.
2. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
3. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is not a holy woman.
(b) She is an inexperienced queen.
(c) She is not faithful to her husband.
(d) She is a woman.
4. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
5. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
(b) Her long hair.
(c) Her royal jewelry.
(d) The crest of her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
2. For what does the herald thank the gods?
3. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
4. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
5. What does the herald ask of the gods?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)