|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(b) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(c) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(d) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
2. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(b) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(c) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(d) She watched for any sign from the gods.
3. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
(a) She refuses to run from her fate.
(b) She hears Agamemnon calling for her.
(c) She has nothing else to do.
(d) She hears Clytemnestra calling for help.
4. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
(a) Troy has defeated the Greeks.
(b) Troy has been defeated.
(c) Agamemnon has died.
(d) Menelaus will be taking over Mycenae.
5. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
(a) As well as she could.
(b) Safe and welcoming upon his return.
(c) She has given it over to someone else for safekeeping.
(d) She has been overwhelmed by the responsibilities of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
2. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
3. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
4. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
5. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)