|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) The blessings of the gods.
(b) Victory at war.
(c) The homecoming.
2. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) The gods have spoken to him.
(b) He is gotten married.
(c) Clytemnestra favors him.
(d) He is home in Mycenae.
3. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Agamemnon is screaming.
(b) Clytemnestra is laughing.
(c) Cassandra is screaming.
(d) Orestes returns to the city.
4. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) Agamemnon to survive.
(b) An easy death.
(d) An afterlife.
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
Short Answer Questions
1. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
3. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
4. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
5. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)