|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is more humbling.
(b) He believes it is grander.
(c) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
(d) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
2. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(b) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(c) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(d) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
3. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of joy.
(b) They have feelings of hysteria.
(c) They have feelings of sickness.
(d) They have feelings of foreboding.
4. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(b) The leader of the chorus.
(c) The Watchman.
5. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is not faithful to her husband.
(b) She is an inexperienced queen.
(c) She is not a holy woman.
(d) She is a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the herald ask of the gods?
2. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
3. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
4. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
5. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)