|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
(a) A horse race.
(b) A sailing ship.
(c) A footrace.
(d) A child's game.
2. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) Her royal jewelry.
(b) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
(c) The crest of her family.
(d) Her long hair.
3. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of old men.
(b) A group of holy men.
(c) A group of young women.
(d) A group of young men.
4. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(b) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(c) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
(d) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
5. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
2. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
5. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)