|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(b) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(c) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(d) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
2. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) He did not wish to leave his family.
(b) A prophecy.
(c) No wind.
(d) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
3. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
4. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
(a) A red cloth.
(b) A white cloth.
(c) A gold cloth.
(d) A purple cloth.
5. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(b) The homecoming.
(c) The blessings of the gods.
(d) Victory at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. Why is the herald so joyful?
4. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
5. What does the herald ask of the gods?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)