|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
(a) His fate will be to live a long life.
(b) His is preordained.
(c) His fate is open.
(d) The chorus says nothing about his fate.
2. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra was to build a shrine to him.
(b) Cassandra was to give herself to him.
(c) Cassandra was to honor him publicly.
(d) Cassandra was to renounce all other gods.
3. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She grows angry and goes inside.
(b) She begs the princess to leave.
(c) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(d) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
4. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
(a) A purple cloth.
(b) A red cloth.
(c) A white cloth.
(d) A gold cloth.
5. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
(a) Athena will protect her.
(b) She will be remembered.
(c) Apollo will forgive her.
(d) Her death will be avenged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
2. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
3. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
4. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
5. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)