|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not listening to the herald.
(b) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(c) Not believing her.
(d) Not respecting Agamemnon.
2. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
(b) The fall of Troy.
(c) The kidnapping of Helen.
(d) The death of Achilles.
3. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(b) The homecoming.
(c) The blessings of the gods.
(d) Victory at war.
4. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
5. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
2. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
3. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
4. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
5. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)