|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He murdered Menelaus.
(b) He rejected Apollo.
(c) He kidnapped Helen.
(d) He dishonored Aphrodite.
2. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
(a) She has nothing else to do.
(b) She hears Clytemnestra calling for help.
(c) She refuses to run from her fate.
(d) She hears Agamemnon calling for her.
3. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Someone will return to Mycenae and right all the wrongs.
(b) She will overpower her would-be murderer.
(c) She will ascend to Mount Olympus.
(d) Agamemnon will die.
4. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
(a) He cursed her to speak the truth but never to be believed.
(b) He turned the other gods against her.
(c) He impregnated her, shaming her family.
(d) He took away her gift of prophecy.
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) He is home in Mycenae.
(b) Clytemnestra favors him.
(c) The gods have spoken to him.
(d) He is gotten married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
2. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
3. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
4. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
5. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)