|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not respecting Agamemnon.
(b) Not listening to the herald.
(c) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(d) Not believing her.
2. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Enter the palace.
(b) Drink some wine.
(c) Leave the city.
(d) Greet her properly.
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(b) She has been loyal and faithful.
(c) She is pregnant with his child.
(d) She does not wish to see him.
5. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(a) Carrying his wife.
(c) In his boots.
(d) On a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
2. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
3. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
4. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
5. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)