|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) An easy death.
(b) Agamemnon to survive.
(d) An afterlife.
2. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(b) She has been loyal and faithful.
(c) She does not wish to see him.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
3. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra was to renounce all other gods.
(b) Cassandra was to build a shrine to him.
(c) Cassandra was to honor him publicly.
(d) Cassandra was to give herself to him.
4. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(b) She is a priestess of Athena.
(c) She is Helen's half sister.
(d) She is a Trojan princess.
5. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of joy.
(b) They have feelings of foreboding.
(c) They have feelings of sickness.
(d) They have feelings of hysteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
2. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
4. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
5. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)