|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Drink some wine.
(b) Leave the city.
(c) Greet her properly.
(d) Enter the palace.
2. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
3. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(b) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(c) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(d) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
4. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
5. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
(b) The kidnapping of Helen.
(c) The fall of Troy.
(d) The death of Achilles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
2. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
5. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)