|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra was to renounce all other gods.
(b) Cassandra was to build a shrine to him.
(c) Cassandra was to honor him publicly.
(d) Cassandra was to give herself to him.
2. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
(b) Agamemnon to survive.
(c) An afterlife.
(d) An easy death.
3. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
4. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
5. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
2. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
3. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
4. Why is the herald so joyful?
5. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)