|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
(a) They do not know if there are gods walking among them.
(b) They do not know if Agamemnon or Clytemnestra is the more vicious of the two rulers.
(c) They do not know if Cassandra spoke the truth.
(d) They do not know whether to stop the murder or let it be.
2. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) On top of mountains.
(b) In caves.
(c) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
(d) In trees.
3. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) Menelaus is too good of a sailor to get lost.
(b) He does not believe Zeus is ready to take him yet.
(c) Helen loves Menelaus too much to harm him.
(d) Menelaus angered the gods by burning Troy.
4. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are repulsed by her.
(b) They are in awe of her.
(c) They sympathize with her.
(d) They are dismissive of her.
5. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
(a) The journey home.
(b) His reign as king.
(c) Another battle at sea.
(d) The sacrifices to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
2. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
3. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
4. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
5. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)