|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(c) She does not wish to see him.
(d) She has been loyal and faithful.
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
(a) They do not know if there are gods walking among them.
(b) They do not know if Agamemnon or Clytemnestra is the more vicious of the two rulers.
(c) They do not know if Cassandra spoke the truth.
(d) They do not know whether to stop the murder or let it be.
5. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
2. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
3. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
4. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
5. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)