|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
(a) They do not know if there are gods walking among them.
(b) They do not know whether to stop the murder or let it be.
(c) They do not know if Agamemnon or Clytemnestra is the more vicious of the two rulers.
(d) They do not know if Cassandra spoke the truth.
2. What city does Clytemnestra describe as being ruined, burned, and full of mourning for the dead?
3. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She begs the princess to leave.
(b) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
(c) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(d) She grows angry and goes inside.
4. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(d) The Watchman.
5. What has Clytemnestra placed at all the shrines in Mycenae?
(b) Offerings to the gods.
(c) Maidens to pray.
(d) Blasphemous offerings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
2. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
3. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
4. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
5. For what does the herald thank the gods?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)