|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He dishonored Aphrodite.
(b) He rejected Apollo.
(c) He murdered Menelaus.
(d) He kidnapped Helen.
2. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Breaking the laws of nature.
(b) Following the will of the gods.
(c) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
(d) Following his heart.
3. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) An afterlife.
(b) Agamemnon to survive.
(c) An easy death.
4. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his home.
(c) His thoughts of his wife.
(d) His thoughts of his children.
5. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
(b) She begs the princess to leave.
(c) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(d) She grows angry and goes inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
2. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
3. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
4. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
5. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)