|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He is still alive.
(b) He perished at sea.
(c) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
(d) His soul is restless.
2. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(b) Agamemnon has died.
(c) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(d) King Priam is invading.
3. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
4. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra is being belligerent.
(b) Cassandra is not very smart.
(c) Cassandra is deaf.
(d) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
5. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He murdered Menelaus.
(b) He rejected Apollo.
(c) He kidnapped Helen.
(d) He dishonored Aphrodite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
2. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
3. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
4. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
5. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)