|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
2. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) A moonbeam.
(b) A ship.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A bonfire.
3. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
4. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Greet her properly.
(b) Drink some wine.
(c) Leave the city.
(d) Enter the palace.
5. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of holy men.
(b) A group of young women.
(c) A group of old men.
(d) A group of young men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
2. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
3. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
4. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
5. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)