|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 1, Part 4 (p.140150).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
2. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His men mutinied against him on the return home.
(b) His ship is lost after a storm.
(c) He was killed in battle.
(d) He has returns home safely.
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(b) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(c) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(d) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
4. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
5. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
2. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
3. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
4. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
5. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)