Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Part 1 (p. 199-205).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of sickness.
(b) They have feelings of foreboding.
(c) They have feelings of joy.
(d) They have feelings of hysteria.
2. In what state is Orestes' old nurse, Cilissa, upon hearing that Orestes was murdered?
(a) She is distraught.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is confused.
3. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(b) King Priam is invading.
(c) Agamemnon has died.
(d) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
4. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is an inexperienced queen.
(c) She is not a holy woman.
(d) She is not faithful to her husband.
5. When the Furies do not awaken, what does the ghost urge them to dream about?
(a) Avenging their souls on their murderers.
(b) Running in the fields.
(c) Destroying Orestes.
(d) Hunting wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard from inside the palace after Aegisthus enters it?
2. What confuses Orestes about Clytemnestra's orders for the tomb?
3. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
4. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
5. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)