|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
(a) Not listening to the herald.
(b) Not believing her.
(c) Not offering proper prayers to the gods.
(d) Not respecting Agamemnon.
2. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
(a) She has been overwhelmed by the responsibilities of it.
(b) She has given it over to someone else for safekeeping.
(c) Safe and welcoming upon his return.
(d) As well as she could.
3. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(b) She claims to have been fine without him.
(c) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(d) She claims to have been lonely without him.
4. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(b) The oracle at Delphi.
5. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) The crest of her family.
(b) Her royal jewelry.
(c) Her long hair.
(d) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
2. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
3. What do Orestes and Electra ask of their father's spirit?
4. Who commanded Orestes to seek vengeance for his father's death?
5. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)