|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(b) He brings news of Agamemnon.
(c) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(d) He brings news of Orestes.
2. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Someone will return to Mycenae and right all the wrongs.
(b) Agamemnon will die.
(c) She will overpower her would-be murderer.
(d) She will ascend to Mount Olympus.
3. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(a) An oracle.
4. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
(a) Her death will be avenged.
(b) Apollo will forgive her.
(c) She will be remembered.
(d) Athena will protect her.
5. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of hysteria.
(b) They have feelings of joy.
(c) They have feelings of foreboding.
(d) They have feelings of sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
2. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
3. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
4. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)