|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
(a) She sees herself ruling Mycenae with Clytemnestra's lover.
(b) She sees the murder of herself and Agamemnon by Clytemnestra.
(c) She sees herself escaping the city.
(d) She sees herself as queen of Mycenae.
2. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
(b) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
(c) A blood sacrifice.
(d) An apology.
3. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
4. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
(a) Orestes' own life would be cursed.
(b) Aegisthus would murder Clytemnestra.
(c) Agamemnon would suffer in Hades.
(d) Electra would die.
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
(b) He is very happy with it.
(c) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(d) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
2. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
3. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
4. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
5. What does Orestes promise Zeus if he succeeds in his revenge?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)