|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
2. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Following his heart.
(b) Breaking the laws of nature.
(c) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
(d) Following the will of the gods.
3. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
(b) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(c) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(d) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
4. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of sickness.
(b) They have feelings of joy.
(c) They have feelings of foreboding.
(d) They have feelings of hysteria.
5. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(b) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(c) An old man.
(d) A new baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
2. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
3. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
4. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
5. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)