|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) The homecoming.
(b) The blessings of the gods.
(c) Victory at war.
2. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She has been loyal and faithful.
(c) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
(d) She does not wish to see him.
3. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
(a) He impregnated her, shaming her family.
(b) He took away her gift of prophecy.
(c) He turned the other gods against her.
(d) He cursed her to speak the truth but never to be believed.
4. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(b) The oracle at Delphi.
5. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the herald ask of the gods?
2. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
3. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
4. According to the herald and the chorus, what has happened to Agamemnon's brother?
5. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)