|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra is being belligerent.
(b) Cassandra is not very smart.
(c) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(d) Cassandra is deaf.
2. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) The crest of her family.
(b) The chains Agamemnon put around her.
(c) Her long hair.
(d) Her royal jewelry.
3. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
4. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(b) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(c) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(d) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
5. What has Electra been forced to do in the years since her father's death?
(a) Disown her father.
(b) Treat Aegisthus as her father.
(c) Disown her brother.
(d) Mourn him in secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
2. What confuses Orestes about Clytemnestra's orders for the tomb?
3. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
4. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
5. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)