|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Agamemnon will die.
(b) Someone will return to Mycenae and right all the wrongs.
(c) She will overpower her would-be murderer.
(d) She will ascend to Mount Olympus.
2. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
3. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(b) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(c) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(d) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
4. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) They got what they deserved.
(b) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
(c) It is a tragedy.
(d) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) Clytemnestra favors him.
(b) He is gotten married.
(c) The gods have spoken to him.
(d) He is home in Mycenae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Apollo expect in return for the gift he granted to Cassandra?
2. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
3. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
4. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
5. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)