|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Peace of mind.
(b) Success in his plan of revenge for his father's murder.
(c) His success in war.
(d) Safe voyage overseas.
2. What happened to Clytemnestra in her dream when she tried to nurse what she'd been birthed?
(a) The gorgon turned her to stone.
(b) The goat ran away.
(c) The snake bit her and drew blood.
(d) The lion mauled her.
3. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims to have been fine without him.
(b) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(c) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(d) She claims to have been lonely without him.
4. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
(a) She does not move from the chariot.
(b) Cassandra refuses the wine Clytemnestra offers.
(c) She tells her she does not wish to leave the city.
(d) Cassandra throws herself at her feet.
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) The gods have spoken to him.
(b) Clytemnestra favors him.
(c) He is home in Mycenae.
(d) He is gotten married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
2. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
3. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
4. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
5. What will be the first action taken when Orestes and Pylades infiltrate the palace?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)