|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
(a) She tells her she does not wish to leave the city.
(b) Cassandra throws herself at her feet.
(c) Cassandra refuses the wine Clytemnestra offers.
(d) She does not move from the chariot.
2. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
(a) Her brother's return.
(b) The death of Aegisthus.
(c) Her mother's forgiveness.
(d) Menelaus's vengeance on Cltemnestra.
3. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
(a) Electra would die.
(b) Aegisthus would murder Clytemnestra.
(c) Agamemnon would suffer in Hades.
(d) Orestes' own life would be cursed.
4. What does Orestes realize about his mother's dream?
(a) It prophesizes the murder of Clytemnestra by Aegisthus.
(b) It prophesizes the death of Electra
(c) It prophesizes his failure in his revenge.
(d) It prophesizes his revenge against his mother.
5. How does Orestes convince Electra that he is her brother when they find each other at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) He is wearing the robe she made for him.
(b) He has the marks from their mother's abuse on him.
(c) He looks like their father.
(d) He bears letters from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
2. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
3. For what does the herald thank the gods?
4. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
5. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)