|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his wife.
(b) His thoughts of his children.
(c) His thoughts of his home.
2. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
3. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) His sword.
(b) His sister's letters.
(c) A book of verse.
(d) A lock of his hair.
4. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
(a) A new baby.
(b) A beloved, though ungrateful child.
(c) A wise king with a terrible advisor.
(d) An old man.
5. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) A book of verse.
(b) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(c) Orestes' sword.
(d) A lock of Orestes' hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
2. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
3. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
4. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)