|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(b) The oracle at Delphi.
2. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
(b) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
(c) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
(d) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
3. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his home.
(b) His thoughts of his wife.
(d) His thoughts of his children.
4. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) Family servants who have been with them for years.
(c) Female Trojans whom Agamemnon took prisoner.
(d) Priestesses of Apollo.
5. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She grows angry and goes inside.
(b) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(c) She begs the princess to leave.
(d) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
2. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
3. What does Orestes realize about his mother's dream?
4. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
5. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)