|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes promise Zeus if he succeeds in his revenge?
(a) He will worship the gods as humbly as he can.
(b) He will live anonymously and wisely.
(c) He will restore the glory of their name.
(d) He will build a grand altar for Zeus.
2. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(b) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(c) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(d) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
3. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
(b) Following his heart.
(c) Breaking the laws of nature.
(d) Following the will of the gods.
4. What is Cassandra's reaction to Clytemnestra?
(a) Cassandra refuses the wine Clytemnestra offers.
(b) She tells her she does not wish to leave the city.
(c) Cassandra throws herself at her feet.
(d) She does not move from the chariot.
5. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra is being belligerent.
(b) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(c) Cassandra is not very smart.
(d) Cassandra is deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
2. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
3. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
4. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
5. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)