|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They sympathize with her.
(b) They are repulsed by her.
(c) They are dismissive of her.
(d) They are in awe of her.
2. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
(b) He does not find it unsuitable.
(c) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
(d) He says it is too poor for a king.
3. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
(a) She is unsure of where to go when she runs away.
(b) She is unsure of whether to mourn her father.
(c) She is unsure of how to pray.
(d) She is unsure if she is truly her father's daughter.
4. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of two kings.
(b) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(c) It was over a woman.
(d) It was the will of the gods.
5. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(b) She claims to have been fine without him.
(c) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(d) She claims to have been lonely without him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the second play take place?
2. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
3. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
4. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
5. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)