|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
(a) He wonders if they are there to desecrate the tomb.
(b) He wonders if they are there to move his father's body to safety.
(c) He wonders if they are there to mourn his father or a new tragedy.
(d) He wonders if they are there to celebrate his father's life.
2. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
(a) The offerings come from a loyal follower.
(b) The offerings come from a detached subject.
(c) The offerings come from Clytemnestra as a loving wife .
(d) The offerings come from Electra as an angry daughter.
3. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(b) It was the will of two kings.
(c) It was over a woman.
(d) It was the will of the gods.
4. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
(a) She has nothing else to do.
(b) She hears Agamemnon calling for her.
(c) She refuses to run from her fate.
(d) She hears Clytemnestra calling for help.
5. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
(a) Aphrodite and Diana.
(b) Hermes and Zeus.
(c) Athena and Apollo.
(d) Hera and Demeter.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
2. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
3. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
4. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
5. What does the herald ask of the gods?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)