|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
(a) Electra would die.
(b) Aegisthus would murder Clytemnestra.
(c) Agamemnon would suffer in Hades.
(d) Orestes' own life would be cursed.
2. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
(a) The sword has the family crest on it.
(b) She wrote the letters to her brother.
(c) His hair looks just like her own.
(d) She gave the book to her brother.
3. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra is not very smart.
(b) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(c) Cassandra is deaf.
(d) Cassandra is being belligerent.
4. What has Electra been forced to do in the years since her father's death?
(a) Treat Aegisthus as her father.
(b) Mourn him in secret.
(c) Disown her father.
(d) Disown her brother.
5. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
(a) A gorgon.
(b) A goat.
(c) A lion.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
2. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
3. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
4. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
5. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)