|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He is very happy with it.
(b) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
(c) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(d) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
2. What does Orestes realize about his mother's dream?
(a) It prophesizes his revenge against his mother.
(b) It prophesizes the murder of Clytemnestra by Aegisthus.
(c) It prophesizes the death of Electra
(d) It prophesizes his failure in his revenge.
3. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(a) On a horse.
(b) In his boots.
(c) Carrying his wife.
4. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Someone will return to Mycenae and right all the wrongs.
(b) Agamemnon will die.
(c) She will overpower her would-be murderer.
(d) She will ascend to Mount Olympus.
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) He is home in Mycenae.
(b) He is gotten married.
(c) The gods have spoken to him.
(d) Clytemnestra favors him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
2. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
3. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
4. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
5. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)