|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(b) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(c) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(d) She claims to have been fine without him.
2. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra is not very smart.
(b) Cassandra is deaf.
(c) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(d) Cassandra is being belligerent.
3. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Orestes returns to the city.
(b) Agamemnon is screaming.
(c) Cassandra is screaming.
(d) Clytemnestra is laughing.
4. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(a) On a horse.
(b) In his boots.
(c) Carrying his wife.
5. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
(b) A blood sacrifice.
(c) An apology.
(d) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
4. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
5. Why is the herald so joyful?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)