|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(b) Orestes' sword.
(c) A book of verse.
(d) Letters she wrote to her brother.
2. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(d) The oracle at Delphi.
3. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) The blessings of the gods.
(b) The homecoming.
(c) Victory at war.
4. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(b) He brings news of Agamemnon.
(c) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(d) He brings news of Orestes.
5. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(b) Cassandra is not very smart.
(c) Cassandra is being belligerent.
(d) Cassandra is deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
2. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
3. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
4. Who commanded Orestes to seek vengeance for his father's death?
5. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)