|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Orestes and Electra ask of their father's spirit?
(a) They ask for safe passage to the castle.
(b) They ask for strength and guidance.
(c) They ask for forgiveness.
(d) They ask for release.
2. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) It is a tragedy.
(b) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
(c) They got what they deserved.
(d) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
3. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
(a) They do not know if Agamemnon or Clytemnestra is the more vicious of the two rulers.
(b) They do not know if there are gods walking among them.
(c) They do not know if Cassandra spoke the truth.
(d) They do not know whether to stop the murder or let it be.
4. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(a) The oracle at Delphi.
5. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
(a) She begs the princess for forgiveness for her husband's actions.
(b) She begs the princess to leave.
(c) She tries to help the princess down from the chariot.
(d) She grows angry and goes inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the herald ask of the gods?
2. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
3. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
4. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
5. According to Clytemnestra's message to the herald, how has she kept her husband's house?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)