|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) An apology.
(b) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
(c) A blood sacrifice.
(d) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
2. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) Her own freedom.
(b) The return of her family.
(c) Her mother's salvation.
(d) The death of her father's murderers.
3. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(c) The oracle at Delphi.
4. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His soul is restless.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
(d) He perished at sea.
5. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(b) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
(c) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(d) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
2. What does Cassandra remove from her person in the fourth part of the first play?
3. What do Orestes and Electra ask of their father's spirit?
4. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)