|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) He perished at sea.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
(d) His soul is restless.
2. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
(a) She sees the murder of herself and Agamemnon by Clytemnestra.
(b) She sees herself escaping the city.
(c) She sees herself as queen of Mycenae.
(d) She sees herself ruling Mycenae with Clytemnestra's lover.
3. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
(c) The ability of persuasion.
(d) The ability to speak in tongues.
4. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
5. What happened to Clytemnestra in her dream when she tried to nurse what she'd been birthed?
(a) The snake bit her and drew blood.
(b) The gorgon turned her to stone.
(c) The lion mauled her.
(d) The goat ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
2. What do Orestes and Electra ask of their father's spirit?
3. Who commanded Orestes to seek vengeance for his father's death?
4. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
5. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)