|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(b) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(c) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(d) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
2. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(a) An oracle.
3. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
(a) Aphrodite and Diana.
(b) Hermes and Zeus.
(c) Athena and Apollo.
(d) Hera and Demeter.
4. For what does the herald thank the gods?
(a) He thanks them for having such a benevolent queen.
(b) He thanks them for blessing him and the army.
(c) He thanks them for speaking to him.
(d) He thanks them for sending him his wife.
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(b) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(c) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(d) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does the chorus ask the herald for news?
2. Why does the herald believe what he claims about Agamemnon's brother?
3. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
4. What does the herald ask of the gods?
5. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)