|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Agamemnon.
(b) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(c) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(d) He brings news of Orestes.
2. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his children.
(b) His thoughts of his wife.
(d) His thoughts of his home.
3. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
(a) Following the will of the gods.
(b) Kidnapping Helen to break the peace.
(c) Breaking the laws of nature.
(d) Following his heart.
4. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
5. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
(a) Apollo will forgive her.
(b) Her death will be avenged.
(c) Athena will protect her.
(d) She will be remembered.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
2. When does the second play take place?
3. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
4. Why is the herald so joyful?
5. For what does the herald thank the gods?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)