|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
(b) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
(c) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(d) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
2. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His soul is restless.
(b) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
(c) He perished at sea.
(d) He is still alive.
3. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
(a) Victory at war.
(c) The blessings of the gods.
(d) The homecoming.
4. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is a Trojan princess.
(b) She is a priestess of Athena.
(c) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(d) She is Helen's half sister.
5. What is the function of the herald at the beginning of the second part of the first play?
(a) He brings news of Aegisthus.
(b) He brings news of Orestes.
(c) He brings news of Iphigenia.
(d) He brings news of Agamemnon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
2. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
3. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What does Orestes realize about his mother's dream?
5. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)