|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) He is home in Mycenae.
(b) He is gotten married.
(c) The gods have spoken to him.
(d) Clytemnestra favors him.
2. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
(a) The offerings come from Clytemnestra as a loving wife .
(b) The offerings come from a detached subject.
(c) The offerings come from a loyal follower.
(d) The offerings come from Electra as an angry daughter.
3. Who commanded Orestes to seek vengeance for his father's death?
4. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) The death of her father's murderers.
(b) The return of her family.
(c) Her own freedom.
(d) Her mother's salvation.
5. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(a) On a horse.
(c) Carrying his wife.
(d) In his boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orestes convince Electra that he is her brother when they find each other at Agamemnon's tomb?
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. What will be the first action taken when Orestes and Pylades infiltrate the palace?
4. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
5. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)