|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is grander.
(b) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
(c) He believes it is more humbling.
(d) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
2. For what does Cassandra pray in the fourth part of the first play?
(a) An easy death.
(c) Agamemnon to survive.
(d) An afterlife.
3. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was the will of the gods.
(b) It was the will of two kings.
(c) It was because of a misunderstanding.
(d) It was over a woman.
4. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
(a) The ability of persuasion.
(c) The ability to speak in tongues.
5. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) On horse back.
(b) In a horse-cart.
(c) In a chariot.
(d) On foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
2. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
3. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
4. For what does Clytemnestra scold the chorus in the second part of the first play?
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)