|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
(a) She hears Agamemnon calling for her.
(b) She hears Clytemnestra calling for help.
(c) She has nothing else to do.
(d) She refuses to run from her fate.
2. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims to have been fine without him.
(b) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(c) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(d) She claims that her life improved after he left.
3. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) Her own freedom.
(b) Her mother's salvation.
(c) The return of her family.
(d) The death of her father's murderers.
4. According to the chorus in the second part of the first play, what will always prevail?
5. Where was Orestes when he was told to avenge his father?
(a) The oracle at Delphi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
2. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
3. What gift did Apollo give Cassandra before the events of The Oresteia?
4. Why is the herald so joyful?
5. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)