Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 2 (p 171-183).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
(a) A red cloth.
(b) A white cloth.
(c) A gold cloth.
(d) A purple cloth.
2. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) Her own freedom.
(b) The death of her father's murderers.
(c) The return of her family.
(d) Her mother's salvation.
3. Why is the herald so joyful?
(a) He is home in Mycenae.
(b) He is gotten married.
(c) Clytemnestra favors him.
(d) The gods have spoken to him.
4. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
(a) Agamemnon does not wish to come home.
(b) Clytemnestra has been unfaithful to her husband.
(c) People in Mycenae have been grieving for their loved ones at war.
(d) There are no princes and princesses left in the city.
5. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
2. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
3. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
4. What does Orestes promise Zeus if he succeeds in his revenge?
5. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)