|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
(a) Orestes and Pylades' footprints.
(b) Pylades' pack.
(c) A campfire.
(d) Offerings to the gods.
2. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
(a) Hera and Demeter.
(b) Athena and Apollo.
(c) Hermes and Zeus.
(d) Aphrodite and Diana.
3. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) Female Trojans whom Agamemnon took prisoner.
(c) Priestesses of Apollo.
(d) Family servants who have been with them for years.
4. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) His mother will haunt him for all his days.
(b) His father is cursing his son's actions.
(c) Aegisthus will try to avenge his death upon Electra.
(d) The Furies are going to take revenge upon him for his mother.
5. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His captive, Cassandra.
(b) His continued fealty to his people.
(c) Victory with Troy.
(d) His continued piety to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
2. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
3. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
4. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
5. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)