|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
(a) They wonder if the family will ever break their curse.
(b) They wonder if Electra will follow her brother.
(c) They wonder who will take the throne in Mycenae.
(d) They wonder if Orestes was truly ordered by the gods to avenge Agamemnon.
2. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
(a) A red cloth.
(b) A white cloth.
(c) A gold cloth.
(d) A purple cloth.
3. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
(a) She is unsure of where to go when she runs away.
(b) She is unsure of whether to mourn her father.
(c) She is unsure if she is truly her father's daughter.
(d) She is unsure of how to pray.
5. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
2. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
3. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
4. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
5. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)