|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the second play take place?
(a) Weeks after Agamemnon's death.
(b) Several days after Agamemnon's death.
(c) Hours after Agamemnon's death.
(d) Several years after Agamemnon's death.
2. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) A lock of his hair.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) His sword.
(d) His sister's letters.
3. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
4. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
(a) Her mother's forgiveness.
(b) Her brother's return.
(c) Menelaus's vengeance on Cltemnestra.
(d) The death of Aegisthus.
5. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(b) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(c) Orestes' sword.
(d) A book of verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
2. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
3. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
4. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
5. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)