|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his wife.
(b) His thoughts of his children.
(d) His thoughts of his home.
2. What does Pylades advise Orestes to do?
(a) The oracle said Orestes must kill his mother.
(b) Orestes will be murdered by Clytemnestra if he does not kill her first.
(c) Electra will be cursed if Orestes does not follow through with his revenge.
(d) Orestes will be looked upon as weak if he does not kill Clytemnestra.
3. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is more humbling.
(b) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
(c) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
(d) He believes it is grander.
4. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) Priestesses of Apollo.
(b) Family servants who have been with them for years.
(c) Female Trojans whom Agamemnon took prisoner.
5. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of joy.
(b) They have feelings of sickness.
(c) They have feelings of hysteria.
(d) They have feelings of foreboding.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
2. What is coming true for Clytemnestra in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
3. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
4. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
5. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)