|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
2. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
(a) He is very happy with it.
(b) He does not want his people to think worse of him for being surrounded by indulgence.
(c) He does not want his people to think poorly of him for not having a grand entrance.
(d) He wants his concubine to be impressed.
3. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
(a) The offerings come from a detached subject.
(b) The offerings come from Clytemnestra as a loving wife .
(c) The offerings come from Electra as an angry daughter.
(d) The offerings come from a loyal follower.
4. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) On foot.
(b) On horse back.
(c) In a chariot.
(d) In a horse-cart.
5. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) The return of her family.
(b) Her own freedom.
(c) Her mother's salvation.
(d) The death of her father's murderers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
2. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
3. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
4. When does the second play take place?
5. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)