|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) His sword.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) A lock of his hair.
(d) His sister's letters.
2. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
(a) They wonder if Orestes was truly ordered by the gods to avenge Agamemnon.
(b) They wonder if the family will ever break their curse.
(c) They wonder if Electra will follow her brother.
(d) They wonder who will take the throne in Mycenae.
3. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
(a) The sword has the family crest on it.
(b) His hair looks just like her own.
(c) She gave the book to her brother.
(d) She wrote the letters to her brother.
4. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
(a) She reminds him that Electra will be motherless.
(b) She tells him Iphigenia pleaded for her life before being sacrificed.
(c) She tells Orestes she was ordered by Zeus to kill Agamemnon.
(d) She reminds Orestes that she is his mother.
5. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of foreboding.
(b) They have feelings of hysteria.
(c) They have feelings of sickness.
(d) They have feelings of joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
2. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
3. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
4. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)