|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes remind his mother of when she pleads for her life?
(a) Electra's inability to mourn for her father.
(b) Her sins.
(c) The gods' will.
(d) His love for her.
2. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
(a) She reminds him that Electra will be motherless.
(b) She tells Orestes she was ordered by Zeus to kill Agamemnon.
(c) She tells him Iphigenia pleaded for her life before being sacrificed.
(d) She reminds Orestes that she is his mother.
3. What question does Orestes ask Pylades while confronted by his mother?
(a) He does not know if he should kill himself after his revenge.
(b) He does not know whether he should kill his sister.
(c) He does not know if Zeus is truly watching.
(d) He does not know whether he should kill his mother or spare her.
4. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
(a) Erinyes or Furies.
5. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(b) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(c) Orestes' sword.
(d) A book of verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
2. What does Pylades advise Orestes to do?
3. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
4. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
5. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)