|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) His father is cursing his son's actions.
(b) His mother will haunt him for all his days.
(c) The Furies are going to take revenge upon him for his mother.
(d) Aegisthus will try to avenge his death upon Electra.
2. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
(a) He wonders if Aegisthus was repenting his sins in the last moments of his life.
(b) He wonders if Aegisthus was truly guilty.
(c) He wonders if Aegisthus suffered during his death.
(d) He wonders if Aegisthus is receiving an adulterer's punishment.
3. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
(a) A purple cloth.
(b) A red cloth.
(c) A gold cloth.
(d) A white cloth.
4. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
(a) The offerings come from Clytemnestra as a loving wife .
(b) The offerings come from a detached subject.
(c) The offerings come from Electra as an angry daughter.
(d) The offerings come from a loyal follower.
5. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(d) An oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
2. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
3. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
4. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
5. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)