|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
(a) They wonder who will take the throne in Mycenae.
(b) They wonder if Electra will follow her brother.
(c) They wonder if Orestes was truly ordered by the gods to avenge Agamemnon.
(d) They wonder if the family will ever break their curse.
2. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of hysteria.
(b) They have feelings of sickness.
(c) They have feelings of foreboding.
(d) They have feelings of joy.
3. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
4. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
5. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
(a) He wonders if Aegisthus was truly guilty.
(b) He wonders if Aegisthus suffered during his death.
(c) He wonders if Aegisthus is receiving an adulterer's punishment.
(d) He wonders if Aegisthus was repenting his sins in the last moments of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
2. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
3. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
4. What does Pylades advise Orestes to do?
5. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)