|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(b) In his boots.
(c) On a horse.
(d) Carrying his wife.
2. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His continued piety to the gods.
(b) Victory with Troy.
(c) His captive, Cassandra.
(d) His continued fealty to his people.
3. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) A blood sacrifice.
(b) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
(c) An apology.
(d) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
4. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
5. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(a) His thoughts of his wife.
(b) His thoughts of his children.
(d) His thoughts of his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Orestes wish to return to the oracle at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
2. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
3. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
4. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
5. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)