|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(b) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(c) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
(d) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
2. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is Helen's half sister.
(b) She is a priestess of Athena.
(c) She is a Trojan princess.
(d) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
3. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) Her mother's salvation.
(b) Her own freedom.
(c) The return of her family.
(d) The death of her father's murderers.
4. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
(a) Orestes and Pylades' footprints.
(b) Offerings to the gods.
(c) A campfire.
(d) Pylades' pack.
5. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
2. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
3. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
4. What does Pylades advise Orestes to do?
5. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)