|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
(a) She wrote the letters to her brother.
(b) She gave the book to her brother.
(c) His hair looks just like her own.
(d) The sword has the family crest on it.
2. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
3. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(d) Orestes' sword.
4. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
(a) Orestes and Pylades' footprints.
(b) Pylades' pack.
(c) Offerings to the gods.
(d) A campfire.
5. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) Female Trojans whom Agamemnon took prisoner.
(c) Priestesses of Apollo.
(d) Family servants who have been with them for years.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
2. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
3. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
4. When does the second play take place?
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)