|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is coming true for Clytemnestra in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Her dream about the snake.
(b) A prophecy revealed by Demeter.
(c) A curse passed on by Apollo.
(d) A blessing given to her by Hera.
2. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(b) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(c) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(d) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
3. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
(a) The offerings come from a loyal follower.
(b) The offerings come from Electra as an angry daughter.
(c) The offerings come from a detached subject.
(d) The offerings come from Clytemnestra as a loving wife .
4. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
(a) Aphrodite and Diana.
(b) Athena and Apollo.
(c) Hermes and Zeus.
(d) Hera and Demeter.
5. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is Helen's half sister.
(b) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(c) She is a priestess of Athena.
(d) She is a Trojan princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the second play take place?
2. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
3. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
4. What is revealed with Orestes in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)