|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
(a) He wonders if Aegisthus is receiving an adulterer's punishment.
(b) He wonders if Aegisthus suffered during his death.
(c) He wonders if Aegisthus was truly guilty.
(d) He wonders if Aegisthus was repenting his sins in the last moments of his life.
2. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) A lock of his hair.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) His sword.
(d) His sister's letters.
3. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
(a) A sailing ship.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A child's game.
(d) A footrace.
4. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) A blood sacrifice.
(b) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
(c) An apology.
(d) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
5. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is a Trojan princess.
(b) She is Helen's half sister.
(c) She is a priestess of Athena.
(d) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
2. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
3. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
4. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
5. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)