|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
2. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
(a) A blood sacrifice.
(b) Electra giving herself over to the gods.
(c) Clytemnestra's resignation of the throne.
(d) An apology.
3. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) Orestes' sword.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(d) A lock of Orestes' hair.
4. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(d) An oracle.
5. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes hold up as proof that his father has been avenged?
2. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
3. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
4. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
5. What does Agamemnon think about this particular welcome home?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)