|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
(a) He wonders if Aegisthus was repenting his sins in the last moments of his life.
(b) He wonders if Aegisthus was truly guilty.
(c) He wonders if Aegisthus is receiving an adulterer's punishment.
(d) He wonders if Aegisthus suffered during his death.
2. When does the second play take place?
(a) Several years after Agamemnon's death.
(b) Several days after Agamemnon's death.
(c) Weeks after Agamemnon's death.
(d) Hours after Agamemnon's death.
3. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is more humbling.
(b) He believes it is grander.
(c) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
(d) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
4. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
5. According to Agamemnon, what kept him strong during the war?
(b) His thoughts of his children.
(c) His thoughts of his wife.
(d) His thoughts of his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus of women, what will atone for the murder of Agamemnon?
2. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
3. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What does Orestes hold up as proof that his father has been avenged?
5. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)