|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
(b) He believes it is more humbling.
(c) He believes it is grander.
(d) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
2. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) His success in war.
(b) Peace of mind.
(c) Success in his plan of revenge for his father's murder.
(d) Safe voyage overseas.
3. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
(a) He wonders if Aegisthus suffered during his death.
(b) He wonders if Aegisthus is receiving an adulterer's punishment.
(c) He wonders if Aegisthus was repenting his sins in the last moments of his life.
(d) He wonders if Aegisthus was truly guilty.
4. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
(a) She reminds Orestes that she is his mother.
(b) She reminds him that Electra will be motherless.
(c) She tells Orestes she was ordered by Zeus to kill Agamemnon.
(d) She tells him Iphigenia pleaded for her life before being sacrificed.
5. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) Her mother's salvation.
(b) The death of her father's murderers.
(c) The return of her family.
(d) Her own freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
2. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
3. When does the second play take place?
4. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
5. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)