|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Electra know the offering on the tomb came from Orestes?
(a) She wrote the letters to her brother.
(b) The sword has the family crest on it.
(c) She gave the book to her brother.
(d) His hair looks just like her own.
2. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
(a) On a horse.
(b) Carrying his wife.
(d) In his boots.
3. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
(a) She tells him Iphigenia pleaded for her life before being sacrificed.
(b) She tells Orestes she was ordered by Zeus to kill Agamemnon.
(c) She reminds him that Electra will be motherless.
(d) She reminds Orestes that she is his mother.
4. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
(c) Erinyes or Furies.
5. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
(a) It was over a woman.
(b) It was the will of the gods.
(c) It was the will of two kings.
(d) It was because of a misunderstanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
2. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
3. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What does Pylades advise Orestes to do?
5. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)