|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(b) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(c) She watched for any sign from the gods.
(d) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
2. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) Orestes' sword.
(b) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(c) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(d) A book of verse.
3. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
(a) She is unsure if she is truly her father's daughter.
(b) She is unsure of whether to mourn her father.
(c) She is unsure of where to go when she runs away.
(d) She is unsure of how to pray.
4. What is the question on the chorus's mind after Orestes flees the palace?
(a) They wonder if Orestes was truly ordered by the gods to avenge Agamemnon.
(b) They wonder if Electra will follow her brother.
(c) They wonder who will take the throne in Mycenae.
(d) They wonder if the family will ever break their curse.
5. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) The return of her family.
(b) Her own freedom.
(c) The death of her father's murderers.
(d) Her mother's salvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes hold up as proof that his father has been avenged?
2. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
3. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
4. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
5. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)