|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
(a) She watched the horizon every day for his ship.
(b) She watched the moon to see if the gods would tell her anything through it.
(c) She kept watch for any word of her husband.
(d) She watched for any sign from the gods.
2. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Success in his plan of revenge for his father's murder.
(b) His success in war.
(c) Safe voyage overseas.
(d) Peace of mind.
3. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(b) An oracle.
4. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of hysteria.
(b) They have feelings of joy.
(c) They have feelings of sickness.
(d) They have feelings of foreboding.
5. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(b) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(c) She claims to have been lonely without him.
(d) She claims to have been fine without him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes hold up as proof that his father has been avenged?
2. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
3. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
4. When does the second play take place?
5. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)