|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He says it is too poor for a king.
(b) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
(c) He does not find it unsuitable.
(d) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
2. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
(a) They have feelings of foreboding.
(b) They have feelings of joy.
(c) They have feelings of hysteria.
(d) They have feelings of sickness.
3. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is a priestess of Athena.
(b) She is a Trojan princess.
(c) She is Helen's half sister.
(d) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
4. What does Clytemnestra claim about her life since Agamemnon left for war?
(a) She says that she remarried in his absence.
(b) She claims to have been fine without him.
(c) She claims that her life improved after he left.
(d) She claims to have been lonely without him.
5. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
(a) The offerings come from a detached subject.
(b) The offerings come from a loyal follower.
(c) The offerings come from Clytemnestra as a loving wife .
(d) The offerings come from Electra as an angry daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed with Orestes in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
2. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
3. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
4. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
5. What do the female attendants lay on the ground for Agamemnon to walk upon?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)