|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
(a) The return of her family.
(b) The death of her father's murderers.
(c) Her own freedom.
(d) Her mother's salvation.
2. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
(a) He wonders if Aegisthus was repenting his sins in the last moments of his life.
(b) He wonders if Aegisthus is receiving an adulterer's punishment.
(c) He wonders if Aegisthus was truly guilty.
(d) He wonders if Aegisthus suffered during his death.
3. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(b) She is a Trojan princess.
(c) She is a priestess of Athena.
(d) She is Helen's half sister.
4. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
5. Who accompanies Orestes to Agamemnon's tomb in the beginning of the second play?
(b) An oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
2. Whom does Orestes wonder might be leading the crowd of women coming to Agamemnon's tomb?
3. What woman is accompanying Agamemnon on his return to Mycenae?
4. According to Agamemnon, what was the cause of Troy's being "ground into dust?"
5. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)