|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 2, Part 4 (9.190-196).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes wonder about Aegisthus after he has murdered his mother?
(a) He wonders if Aegisthus was truly guilty.
(b) He wonders if Aegisthus was repenting his sins in the last moments of his life.
(c) He wonders if Aegisthus is receiving an adulterer's punishment.
(d) He wonders if Aegisthus suffered during his death.
2. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) His success in war.
(b) Safe voyage overseas.
(c) Peace of mind.
(d) Success in his plan of revenge for his father's murder.
3. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) She was afraid her daughter might tempt her lover.
(b) She wanted to keep her son safe from Trojan assassins.
(c) She wanted him out of the way of her lover's ascension.
(d) She was afraid that gods would smite her son.
4. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
(a) He says it is suited for gods, not mortals.
(b) He does not find it unsuitable.
(c) He says it is too poor for a king.
(d) He says that it is clearly meant for someone else.
5. What does Orestes leave behind at his father's tomb in tribute ?
(a) A lock of his hair.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) His sword.
(d) His sister's letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra find when she wonders aloud if her brother has returned?
2. How does Agamemnon agree to walk on the carpet?
3. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
4. When does the second play take place?
5. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)