Play 1, Part 1 (p. 111-124)
1. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(b) The Watchman.
(c) The leader of the chorus.
3. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) A ship.
(b) A moonbeam.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A bonfire.
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Agamemnon has died.
(b) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(c) King Priam is invading.
(d) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
6. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
(b) He did not wish to leave his family.
(c) A prophecy.
(d) No wind.
7. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
This section contains 5,949 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)