Play 1, Part 1 (p. 111-124)
1. In which city does "The Oresteia" begin?
2. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(c) The Watchman.
3. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A moonbeam.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A ship.
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
(a) Menelaus is coming home from the Trojan War.
(b) Agamemnon is coming home from the Trojan War.
(c) Agamemnon has died.
(d) King Priam is invading.
5. For which family member's sake did Agamemnon go to Troy?
6. What kept Agamemnon from leaving for Troy right away?
(a) He did not feel he had probable cause to go to Troy.
(b) He did not wish to leave his family.
(c) A prophecy.
(d) No wind.
7. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
This section contains 5,949 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)