|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
(a) Rose Julian.
(b) Julian Rosen.
(c) Rose and Julius Rosen.
(d) Julius and Leonard Rosen.
2. What doctor separated Osceola's head from his body?
(a) Dr. Weedon.
(b) Dr. Woolmont.
(c) Dr. Windsor.
(d) Dr. Williams.
3. What is the name of Lee Moore's wife?
4. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
5. In what neighborhood of Miami does Lee Moore live?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
2. What did Laroche move on to after leaving the plant world behind?
3. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
4. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
5. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how many pounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What orchid show did Susan attend in Fortunes? Who did she see there?
2. Who did Martin Motes take Susan to meet in Fortunes? What was Susan's impression?
3. What plant smuggler did Susan meet in Barbecued Doves? What did his wife talk about?
4. What is the history of the origin of the Seminole Indians? When had they largely moved from Florida?
5. What is the only way into the Fakahatchee Strand? How was the road built?
6. Who had traveled to Washington D. C. on horseback to repeal a law amongst the Seminoles?
7. What did Susan envy about the orchid growers and collectors in Fortunes?
8. What was the result of many poachers taking plants from swamps in south Florida?
9. What nursery had the Fennells owned? Why had they closed it?
10. Who was Osceola?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)