|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company did Laroche go on to start after leaving the plant world behind?
(a) Computer Depot.
(b) Car Corral.
(d) Flower Kingdom.
2. What did Laroche move on to after leaving the plant world behind?
3. At the South Florida Orchid Society in Fortunes, Susan calculated that there were roughly how much money worth of flowers?
(a) $34 million.
(b) $24 million.
(c) $40 million.
(d) $4 million.
4. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) Rob's Orchids.
(b) Fuchs Nurseries.
(c) R. F. Orchids.
(d) Robbie's Orchids.
5. How much did the circuit judge fine Laroche in his case?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovered the last species of Cattleya that would be discovered?
2. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how long?
3. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
4. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
5. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Motes teach Susan about orchid breeding and monopolies?
2. How successful had the plant smuggler from Barbecued Doves been in his high time?
3. What orchid show did Susan attend in Fortunes? Who did she see there?
4. What did Tom Fennell say of Laroche's plan with the Ghost Orchid?
5. What was the result of many poachers taking plants from swamps in south Florida?
6. Who did Martin Motes take Susan to meet in Fortunes? What was Susan's impression?
7. What are examples of things smuggled into Florida?
8. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
9. What giant nursery did Tom Fennell take Susan to? What did they see there?
10. What nursery had the Fennells owned? Why had they closed it?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)