|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
(a) Rose Julian.
(b) Julius and Leonard Rosen.
(c) Julian Rosen.
(d) Rose and Julius Rosen.
2. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
(a) Wooly Monkeys.
(b) Squirrel Monkeys.
(c) Owl Monkeys.
3. Laroche's exile from the Fakahatchee Strand was extended how long by the court?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 months.
4. The collector of Ghost Orchids in Plant Crimes had the secret of putting the baby ghost orchids in what kind of tree?
5. Whose family had owned the Orchid Jungle before winning the lottery?
(a) John McMurphy's.
(b) Francis Harrold's.
(c) Tom Fennell's.
(d) Robert Callahan's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who named the Cattleya Orchid?
2. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather came across orchids while traveling through what town?
3. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
4. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how many pounds?
5. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Martin Motes take Susan to meet in Fortunes? What was Susan's impression?
2. Describe Robert Fuchs' family. When had they begun in the orchid business?
3. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids? What is revealed of them in The Good Life?
4. What did Tom Fennell say of Laroche's plan with the Ghost Orchid?
5. What plant smuggler did Susan meet in Barbecued Doves? What did his wife talk about?
6. What giant nursery did Tom Fennell take Susan to? What did they see there?
7. What about Laroche did Susan marvel about in Fortunes? What did Laroche go on to work with after plants?
8. What are examples of things smuggled into Florida?
9. What is the only way into the Fakahatchee Strand? How was the road built?
10. Discuss the beginning history of the Fakahatchee Strand described in The Good Life.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)