|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida occurred when someone stole prize-winning orchids worth how much from the R. F. Orchids shadehouse?
2. The circuit judge in Laroche's case fined the Seminole Indians how much each?
3. When was the Cattleya Orchid named?
4. What nursery had Tom Fennell once owned?
(a) Amazing Orchids.
(b) The Orchid Jungle.
(c) Orchids R Us.
(d) Orchids Inc.
5. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
(a) Forth Moultrie, South Carolina.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Durham, North Carolina.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Denise to Motes Orchids in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
2. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
3. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida happened in what year, according to the author in Plant Crimes?
4. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
5. What is the name of Lee Moore's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Martin Motes take Susan to meet in Fortunes? What was Susan's impression?
2. What is the only way into the Fakahatchee Strand? How was the road built?
3. Discuss the beginning history of the Fakahatchee Strand described in The Good Life.
4. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak? Who did she meet there?
5. What did Motes teach Susan about orchid breeding and monopolies?
6. What plant smuggler did Susan meet in Barbecued Doves? What did his wife talk about?
7. What nursery had the Fennells owned? Why had they closed it?
8. What decision did the judge reach in Laroche's case?
9. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
10. Who was Osceola?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)