|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
(a) Hid them.
(b) Put them in pots.
(c) Glued them to trees.
(d) Sold them.
2. Who got into an altercation with Fuchs, accusing him of being favored by the judges and telling the others that Fuchs had tried to bribe him when he was a judge?
(a) William Spencer Cavendish.
(b) Frank Smith.
(c) Lee Moore.
(d) Tom Fennell.
3. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
4. What is a tree native to Puebla, Mexico and classified in the flowering plant family Lauraceae along with cinnamon, camphor and bay laurel?
5. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
(a) The Orchid Society of Jacksonville.
(b) The Orchid Society of Tallahassee.
(c) The Orchid Society of Palm Beach.
(d) The Orchid Society of Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
2. Susan learned that if an orchid breeder comes up with a good cross fertilization, they will get the monopoly in the market for how long?
3. When was Osceola born?
4. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
5. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Motes teach Susan about orchid breeding and monopolies?
2. What plant smuggler did Susan meet in Barbecued Doves? What did his wife talk about?
3. How successful had the plant smuggler from Barbecued Doves been in his high time?
4. Discuss the beginning history of the Fakahatchee Strand described in The Good Life.
5. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak? Who did she meet there?
6. What nursery had the Fennells owned? Why had they closed it?
7. What orchid show did Susan attend in Fortunes? Who did she see there?
8. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
9. What giant nursery did Tom Fennell take Susan to? What did they see there?
10. Who was Osceola?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)