|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
(a) Hid them.
(b) Put them in pots.
(c) Glued them to trees.
(d) Sold them.
2. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) R. F. Orchids.
(b) Fuchs Nurseries.
(c) Robbie's Orchids.
(d) Rob's Orchids.
3. The circuit judge in Laroche's case fined the Seminole Indians how much each?
4. The Florida Seminoles are descendants of the Yuchi, Creek and what tribe?
5. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
(a) The Orchid Society of Tallahassee.
(b) The Orchid Society of Palm Beach.
(c) The Orchid Society of Jacksonville.
(d) The Orchid Society of Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose family had owned the Orchid Jungle before winning the lottery?
2. What was Osceola named at birth?
3. What is Lee Moore's profession, according to CITES and the US Government?
4. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
5. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What orchid show did Susan attend in Fortunes? Who did she see there?
2. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
3. What are examples of things smuggled into Florida?
4. How successful had the plant smuggler from Barbecued Doves been in his high time?
5. What decision did the judge reach in Laroche's case?
6. What giant nursery did Tom Fennell take Susan to? What did they see there?
7. Who had traveled to Washington D. C. on horseback to repeal a law amongst the Seminoles?
8. Describe Robert Fuchs' family. When had they begun in the orchid business?
9. What did Motes teach Susan about orchid breeding and monopolies?
10. What is the only way into the Fakahatchee Strand? How was the road built?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)