|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
2. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
(a) Forth Moultrie, South Carolina.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Durham, North Carolina.
3. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
4. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
5. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather moved his family from where to Florida?
Short Answer Questions
1. The owners of the Orchid Jungle won how much money in the Florida state lottery?
2. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
3. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
4. What is Lee Moore's profession, according to CITES and the US Government?
5. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Laroche did Susan marvel about in Fortunes? What did Laroche go on to work with after plants?
2. Who was Osceola?
3. What are examples of things smuggled into Florida?
4. What does CITES stand for? What conflict do people have about CITES' regulations?
5. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
6. What is the only way into the Fakahatchee Strand? How was the road built?
7. What orchid show did Susan attend in Fortunes? Who did she see there?
8. What was the result of many poachers taking plants from swamps in south Florida?
9. What is the history of the origin of the Seminole Indians? When had they largely moved from Florida?
10. What did Motes teach Susan about orchid breeding and monopolies?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)