|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
2. One of Tom Fennell's neighbors had bell peppers worth how much money stolen from his fields?
3. What kind of plants did Gary Zill own a good number of?
4. Susan learned that if an orchid breeder comes up with a good cross fertilization, they will get the monopoly in the market for how long?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
5. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
(a) Curly Pondweed.
(b) Alligator Weed.
(d) Pond Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Cattleya Orchid named?
2. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
3. The owners of the Orchid Jungle won how much money in the Florida state lottery?
4. How much did the circuit judge fine Laroche in his case?
5. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how many pounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plant smuggler did Susan meet in Barbecued Doves? What did his wife talk about?
2. What did Tom Fennell say of Laroche's plan with the Ghost Orchid?
3. Who was Osceola?
4. How successful had the plant smuggler from Barbecued Doves been in his high time?
5. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak? Who did she meet there?
6. What did Motes teach Susan about orchid breeding and monopolies?
7. What about Laroche did Susan marvel about in Fortunes? What did Laroche go on to work with after plants?
8. Who had traveled to Washington D. C. on horseback to repeal a law amongst the Seminoles?
9. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids? What is revealed of them in The Good Life?
10. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)