|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laroche's exile from the Fakahatchee Strand was extended how long by the court?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
2. What woman famous in the orchid community for her touch with Ghost Orchids suffered a plant crime when someone mysteriously destroys the pods of some of her orchids?
(a) Wendy Jones.
(b) Diane Williams.
(c) Savilla Quick.
(d) Susan Zarros.
3. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
4. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
5. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
(b) Alligator Weed.
(c) Curly Pondweed.
(d) Pond Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
2. Where was Osceola born?
3. What is the name of Lee Moore's wife?
4. At the South Florida Orchid Society in Fortunes, Susan calculated that there were roughly how much money worth of flowers?
5. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tom Fennell say of Laroche's plan with the Ghost Orchid?
2. What nursery had the Fennells owned? Why had they closed it?
3. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
4. What orchid show did Susan attend in Fortunes? Who did she see there?
5. What plant smuggler did Susan meet in Barbecued Doves? What did his wife talk about?
6. What did Motes teach Susan about orchid breeding and monopolies?
7. Describe Robert Fuchs' family. When had they begun in the orchid business?
8. Discuss the beginning history of the Fakahatchee Strand described in The Good Life.
9. What did Susan envy about the orchid growers and collectors in Fortunes?
10. Who was Osceola?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)