|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The collector of Ghost Orchids in Plant Crimes had the secret of putting the baby ghost orchids in what kind of tree?
2. What company did Laroche go on to start after leaving the plant world behind?
(b) Flower Kingdom.
(c) Computer Depot.
(d) Car Corral.
3. The Florida Seminoles are descendants of the Yuchi, Creek and what tribe?
4. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
5. The circuit judge in Laroche's case fined the Seminole Indians how much each?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Osceola named at birth?
2. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
3. Robert Fuchs is from a family that has been growing orchids for how many generations?
4. Whose family had owned the Orchid Jungle before winning the lottery?
5. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
2. What does CITES stand for? What conflict do people have about CITES' regulations?
3. What decision did the judge reach in Laroche's case?
4. What did Susan envy about the orchid growers and collectors in Fortunes?
5. What about Laroche did Susan marvel about in Fortunes? What did Laroche go on to work with after plants?
6. Who did Martin Motes take Susan to meet in Fortunes? What was Susan's impression?
7. What did Tom Fennell say of Laroche's plan with the Ghost Orchid?
8. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids? What is revealed of them in The Good Life?
9. Who was Osceola?
10. What nursery had the Fennells owned? Why had they closed it?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)