|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
(a) The Miami Convention Center.
(b) The Tampa Convention Center.
(c) The Tampa Arboretum.
(d) The Miami Mall.
2. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
3. What refers to a species of flowering plant in the cashew family, Anacardiaceae, that is native to subtropical and tropical South America?
(a) Blue Dawn flower.
(b) Flame of the Forest.
(c) Brazilian pepper tree.
(d) Amazon lily.
4. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
(a) Durham, North Carolina.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(d) Forth Moultrie, South Carolina.
5. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
(a) Squirrel Monkeys.
(c) Wooly Monkeys.
(d) Owl Monkeys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
2. In what neighborhood of Miami does Lee Moore live?
3. What is a tree native to Puebla, Mexico and classified in the flowering plant family Lauraceae along with cinnamon, camphor and bay laurel?
4. What is the name of Lee Moore's wife?
5. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how many pounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had traveled to Washington D. C. on horseback to repeal a law amongst the Seminoles?
2. Discuss the beginning history of the Fakahatchee Strand described in The Good Life.
3. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
4. What is the only way into the Fakahatchee Strand? How was the road built?
5. What plant smuggler did Susan meet in Barbecued Doves? What did his wife talk about?
6. Describe Robert Fuchs' family. When had they begun in the orchid business?
7. Who did Martin Motes take Susan to meet in Fortunes? What was Susan's impression?
8. What is the history of the origin of the Seminole Indians? When had they largely moved from Florida?
9. What decision did the judge reach in Laroche's case?
10. What was the result of many poachers taking plants from swamps in south Florida?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)