|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) Robbie's Orchids.
(b) Fuchs Nurseries.
(c) Rob's Orchids.
(d) R. F. Orchids.
2. Who named the Cattleya Orchid?
(a) Leonard Rosen.
(b) Lee Moore.
(c) John Lindley.
(d) Billy Powell.
3. Where did Susan meet nearly every other orchid grower she had met in Florida, including Martin Motes, Tom Fennell, Bob Fuchs, Frank Smith in Fortunes?
(a) The Southeast Orchid Society Show.
(b) The North Florida Orchid Society Show.
(c) The South Florida Orchid Society Show.
(d) The Central Florida Orchid Society Show.
4. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
5. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lee Moore's wife?
2. Where is Denise from in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
3. Susan learned that if an orchid breeder comes up with a good cross fertilization, they will get the monopoly in the market for how long?
4. Whose family had owned the Orchid Jungle before winning the lottery?
5. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Osceola?
2. What was the result of many poachers taking plants from swamps in south Florida?
3. What decision did the judge reach in Laroche's case?
4. What does CITES stand for? What conflict do people have about CITES' regulations?
5. Who did Martin Motes take Susan to meet in Fortunes? What was Susan's impression?
6. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak? Who did she meet there?
7. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids? What is revealed of them in The Good Life?
8. What nursery had the Fennells owned? Why had they closed it?
9. What did Motes teach Susan about orchid breeding and monopolies?
10. What plant smuggler did Susan meet in Barbecued Doves? What did his wife talk about?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)