|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather moved his family from where to Florida?
2. Susan marveled at Laroche's ability to do what with something obsessed over?
(a) Abandon it.
(b) Ignore it.
(c) Admire it.
(d) Hate it.
3. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
4. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
5. The owners of the Orchid Jungle won how much money in the Florida state lottery?
(a) 2.48 million.
(b) 6.76 million.
(c) 124 million.
(d) 56 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Denise from in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
2. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
3. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
4. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
5. Who discovered the last species of Cattleya that would be discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Laroche did Susan marvel about in Fortunes? What did Laroche go on to work with after plants?
2. Describe Robert Fuchs' family. When had they begun in the orchid business?
3. What orchid show did Susan attend in Fortunes? Who did she see there?
4. Who did Martin Motes take Susan to meet in Fortunes? What was Susan's impression?
5. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids? What is revealed of them in The Good Life?
6. What decision did the judge reach in Laroche's case?
7. What plant smuggler did Susan meet in Barbecued Doves? What did his wife talk about?
8. What is the history of the origin of the Seminole Indians? When had they largely moved from Florida?
9. What is the only way into the Fakahatchee Strand? How was the road built?
10. What was the result of many poachers taking plants from swamps in south Florida?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)