|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
2. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather came across orchids while traveling through what town?
(a) Palm Beach, Florida.
(b) Boca Raton, Florida.
(c) Kissimmee, Florida.
(d) Homestead, Florida.
3. What did Laroche move on to after leaving the plant world behind?
4. When was Osceola born?
5. Who accompanies Denise to Motes Orchids in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
Short Answer Questions
1. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how long?
2. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida happened in what year, according to the author in Plant Crimes?
3. How many square feet of greenhouse makes up Kerry's Bromeliads?
4. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
5. What refers to a species of grass in the genus Imperata which is placed in the subfamily Panicoideae, supertribe Andropogonodae, tribe Andropogoneae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the history of the origin of the Seminole Indians? When had they largely moved from Florida?
2. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak? Who did she meet there?
3. Discuss the beginning history of the Fakahatchee Strand described in The Good Life.
4. What orchid show did Susan attend in Fortunes? Who did she see there?
5. Who had traveled to Washington D. C. on horseback to repeal a law amongst the Seminoles?
6. Who did Martin Motes take Susan to meet in Fortunes? What was Susan's impression?
7. What giant nursery did Tom Fennell take Susan to? What did they see there?
8. What does CITES stand for? What conflict do people have about CITES' regulations?
9. What did the Gulf American Company sell?
10. What did Tom Fennell say of Laroche's plan with the Ghost Orchid?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)