|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Gary Zill's nursery?
(a) Zill High Performance Plants.
(b) Zill's Best Orchids.
(c) Gary's Glowing Orchids.
(d) Plant Master Orchids.
2. Robert Fuchs is from a family that has been growing orchids for how many generations?
3. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
4. Who took Susan for a hike along with two inmates from a work-release program of the Copeland Road Prison?
5. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
(a) 2.2 million.
(c) 1.4 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
2. The owners of the Orchid Jungle won how much money in the Florida state lottery?
3. What was Osceola named at birth?
4. At the South Florida Orchid Society in Fortunes, Susan calculated that there were roughly how much money worth of flowers?
5. What kind of plants did Gary Zill own a good number of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of many poachers taking plants from swamps in south Florida?
2. What are examples of things smuggled into Florida?
3. What did the Gulf American Company sell?
4. Who was Osceola?
5. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
6. What plant smuggler did Susan meet in Barbecued Doves? What did his wife talk about?
7. What is the history of the origin of the Seminole Indians? When had they largely moved from Florida?
8. Discuss the beginning history of the Fakahatchee Strand described in The Good Life.
9. What giant nursery did Tom Fennell take Susan to? What did they see there?
10. How successful had the plant smuggler from Barbecued Doves been in his high time?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)