|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
(a) Pre-Columbian art phase.
(b) Pre-Benedectine art phase.
(c) Nazi memorabilia phase.
(d) Post-WWI art phase.
2. What was the name of Gary Zill's nursery?
(a) Gary's Glowing Orchids.
(b) Zill's Best Orchids.
(c) Plant Master Orchids.
(d) Zill High Performance Plants.
3. Susan learned that if an orchid breeder comes up with a good cross fertilization, they will get the monopoly in the market for how long?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
(a) Wooly Monkeys.
(c) Squirrel Monkeys.
(d) Owl Monkeys.
5. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what neighborhood of Miami does Lee Moore live?
2. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
3. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
4. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
5. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe plant poaching in south Florida. What examples does Susan provide in Plant Crimes?
2. What is the only way into the Fakahatchee Strand? How was the road built?
3. What did Susan envy about the orchid growers and collectors in Fortunes?
4. How successful had the plant smuggler from Barbecued Doves been in his high time?
5. Describe Robert Fuchs' family. When had they begun in the orchid business?
6. What is the history of the origin of the Seminole Indians? When had they largely moved from Florida?
7. What nursery had the Fennells owned? Why had they closed it?
8. What did Tom Fennell say of Laroche's plan with the Ghost Orchid?
9. Who was Osceola?
10. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak? Who did she meet there?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)