|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Laroche grow up?
(a) Downtown Tampa.
(b) South Miami.
(c) North Miami.
(d) East Tampa.
2. When did Susan Orlean leave to go to Florida in The Millionaire's Hothouse?
3. When does the Ghost Orchid blossom?
(a) Between May and September.
(b) Between December and April.
(c) Between May and August.
(d) Between June and August.
4. Where was John Laroche born?
(c) South Carolina.
5. What refers to any of a class of angiosperm plants having a single cotyledon in the seed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Studies at what university encouraged Charles Darwin's passion for natural science?
2. When was Du Pont founded?
3. Laroche told Susan that he understood her love of orchids because they bring about a sort of what in people?
4. Alligators have remained largely unchanged for how many years?
5. John Laroche claimed his plan was to teach the Seminoles everything he knows about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many species of orchids are there? How are they named?
2. What scene did Laroche cause at a friend's nursery in Cloning the Ghost?
3. Why did Susan decide to go into the Fakahatchee Strand in A Green Hell? How did she feel entering it?
4. Where did Susan arrive to watch Laroche's trial? What did he reveal of his plans?
5. What knowledge did Laroche reveal while at an orchid show in Gorgeous? What did Susan learn there?
6. Why were the Seminoles looking for someone to start a nursery?
7. Who were Frederick Sander and Benedict Roezl?
8. What did the judge concur after hearing Laroche at trial in The Millionaire's Hothouse? Where did Laroche take Susan afterward?
9. Where had John Laroche first been inspired to grow plants?
10. Describe the Seminole Indians. Where do they live?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)