|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
2. The Florida Seminoles are descendants of the Yuchi, Creek and what tribe?
3. Who discovered the last species of Cattleya that would be discovered?
(a) Lee Moore.
(b) Robert Fuchs.
(c) Frank Smith.
(d) John Lindley.
4. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
(a) Glued them to trees.
(b) Sold them.
(c) Hid them.
(d) Put them in pots.
5. Who named the Cattleya Orchid?
(a) Billy Powell.
(b) John Lindley.
(c) Lee Moore.
(d) Leonard Rosen.
6. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather moved his family from where to Florida?
7. Chief Billy Bowlegs had traveled to Washington D. C. on horseback to attempt to repeal a law passed in 1853 that had made it illegal for a Seminole to do what?
(a) Live in Florida.
(b) Marry a white woman.
(c) Carry a gun.
(d) Own land.
8. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
9. Laroche's exile from the Fakahatchee Strand was extended how long by the court?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
10. Who took Susan for a hike along with two inmates from a work-release program of the Copeland Road Prison?
11. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
12. What refers to a species of grass in the genus Imperata which is placed in the subfamily Panicoideae, supertribe Andropogonodae, tribe Andropogoneae?
(b) Kentucky bluegrass.
(d) Asian cogon grass.
13. The circuit judge in Laroche's case fined the Seminole Indians how much each?
14. What nursery had Tom Fennell once owned?
(a) Orchids Inc.
(b) Orchids R Us.
(c) The Orchid Jungle.
(d) Amazing Orchids.
15. What kind of plants did Gary Zill own a good number of?
Short Answer Questions
1. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how long?
2. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
3. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
4. What refers to a species of flowering plant in the cashew family, Anacardiaceae, that is native to subtropical and tropical South America?
5. Who got into an altercation with Fuchs, accusing him of being favored by the judges and telling the others that Fuchs had tried to bribe him when he was a judge?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)