|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
(a) Owl Monkeys.
(b) Squirrel Monkeys.
(d) Wooly Monkeys.
2. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
3. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
(a) The Orchid Society of Key West.
(b) The Orchid Society of Jacksonville.
(c) The Orchid Society of Tallahassee.
(d) The Orchid Society of Palm Beach.
4. In what neighborhood of Miami does Lee Moore live?
5. Where is Denise from in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
(b) Puerto Rico.
6. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
7. What kind of plants did Gary Zill own a good number of?
8. At the height of his smuggling days, Lee Moore had his own plane, two Lincoln Continentals, a large house and how much money in the bank?
9. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
10. What was the name of Gary Zill's nursery?
(a) Zill's Best Orchids.
(b) Plant Master Orchids.
(c) Gary's Glowing Orchids.
(d) Zill High Performance Plants.
11. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
(a) Post-WWI art phase.
(b) Nazi memorabilia phase.
(c) Pre-Benedectine art phase.
(d) Pre-Columbian art phase.
12. What nursery had Tom Fennell once owned?
(a) Orchids R Us.
(b) Orchids Inc.
(c) Amazing Orchids.
(d) The Orchid Jungle.
13. Who named the Cattleya Orchid?
(a) John Lindley.
(b) Billy Powell.
(c) Lee Moore.
(d) Leonard Rosen.
14. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
15. Where was Osceola born?
(a) Tallassee, Alabama.
(b) Mobile, Alabama.
(c) Birmingham, Alabama.
(d) Montgomery, Alabama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laroche move on to after leaving the plant world behind?
2. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
3. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
4. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
5. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)