|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many greenhouses in the Orchid Jungle were destroyed by Hurricane Andrew?
2. One of Tom Fennell's neighbors had bell peppers worth how much money stolen from his fields?
3. How much did the circuit judge fine Laroche in his case?
4. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
5. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather came across orchids while traveling through what town?
(a) Palm Beach, Florida.
(b) Homestead, Florida.
(c) Kissimmee, Florida.
(d) Boca Raton, Florida.
6. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how many pounds?
7. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
(a) 1.4 million.
(d) 2.2 million.
8. Who discovered the last species of Cattleya that would be discovered?
(a) Lee Moore.
(b) Robert Fuchs.
(c) John Lindley.
(d) Frank Smith.
9. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
10. At the height of his smuggling days, Lee Moore had his own plane, two Lincoln Continentals, a large house and how much money in the bank?
11. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida occurred when someone stole prize-winning orchids worth how much from the R. F. Orchids shadehouse?
12. The collector of Ghost Orchids in Plant Crimes had the secret of putting the baby ghost orchids in what kind of tree?
13. What nursery had Tom Fennell once owned?
(a) Amazing Orchids.
(b) Orchids Inc.
(c) Orchids R Us.
(d) The Orchid Jungle.
14. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
(a) Rose and Julius Rosen.
(b) Julian Rosen.
(c) Julius and Leonard Rosen.
(d) Rose Julian.
15. When was Osceola born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather moved his family from where to Florida?
2. At the South Florida Orchid Society in Fortunes, Susan calculated that there were roughly how much money worth of flowers?
3. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
4. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
5. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)