|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a species of flowering plant in the cashew family, Anacardiaceae, that is native to subtropical and tropical South America?
(a) Blue Dawn flower.
(b) Brazilian pepper tree.
(c) Flame of the Forest.
(d) Amazon lily.
2. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
3. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
(a) Owl Monkeys.
(b) Squirrel Monkeys.
(c) Wooly Monkeys.
4. In what neighborhood of Miami does Lee Moore live?
5. Robert Fuchs is from a family that has been growing orchids for how many generations?
6. Who got into an altercation with Fuchs, accusing him of being favored by the judges and telling the others that Fuchs had tried to bribe him when he was a judge?
(a) Lee Moore.
(b) William Spencer Cavendish.
(c) Tom Fennell.
(d) Frank Smith.
7. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather came across orchids while traveling through what town?
(a) Palm Beach, Florida.
(b) Kissimmee, Florida.
(c) Boca Raton, Florida.
(d) Homestead, Florida.
8. Laroche's exile from the Fakahatchee Strand was extended how long by the court?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
9. What refers to a species of grass in the genus Imperata which is placed in the subfamily Panicoideae, supertribe Andropogonodae, tribe Andropogoneae?
(b) Kentucky bluegrass.
(c) Asian cogon grass.
10. What woman famous in the orchid community for her touch with Ghost Orchids suffered a plant crime when someone mysteriously destroys the pods of some of her orchids?
(a) Wendy Jones.
(b) Diane Williams.
(c) Susan Zarros.
(d) Savilla Quick.
11. The collector of Ghost Orchids in Plant Crimes had the secret of putting the baby ghost orchids in what kind of tree?
12. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
13. How much did the circuit judge fine Laroche in his case?
14. What kind of plants did Gary Zill own a good number of?
15. When was the Cattleya Orchid named?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lee Moore's wife?
2. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
3. Who discovered the last species of Cattleya that would be discovered?
4. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
5. What company did Laroche go on to start after leaving the plant world behind?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)