|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doctor separated Osceola's head from his body?
(a) Dr. Windsor.
(b) Dr. Weedon.
(c) Dr. Woolmont.
(d) Dr. Williams.
2. The circuit judge in Laroche's case fined the Seminole Indians how much each?
3. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
(a) Durham, North Carolina.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Forth Moultrie, South Carolina.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
4. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
5. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
6. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
(a) Curly Pondweed.
(b) Alligator Weed.
(d) Pond Lily.
7. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
(a) Julian Rosen.
(b) Julius and Leonard Rosen.
(c) Rose and Julius Rosen.
(d) Rose Julian.
8. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
9. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
10. Where did Susan meet nearly every other orchid grower she had met in Florida, including Martin Motes, Tom Fennell, Bob Fuchs, Frank Smith in Fortunes?
(a) The South Florida Orchid Society Show.
(b) The North Florida Orchid Society Show.
(c) The Southeast Orchid Society Show.
(d) The Central Florida Orchid Society Show.
11. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather moved his family from where to Florida?
12. At the height of his smuggling days, Lee Moore had his own plane, two Lincoln Continentals, a large house and how much money in the bank?
13. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
(a) The Orchid Society of Key West.
(b) The Orchid Society of Jacksonville.
(c) The Orchid Society of Tallahassee.
(d) The Orchid Society of Palm Beach.
14. What refers to a species of grass in the genus Imperata which is placed in the subfamily Panicoideae, supertribe Andropogonodae, tribe Andropogoneae?
(a) Asian cogon grass.
(b) Kentucky bluegrass.
15. What was the name of Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a semi-aquatic tropical plant grown as a leaf vegetable also known as "swamp cabbage"?
2. How many greenhouses in the Orchid Jungle were destroyed by Hurricane Andrew?
3. What kind of plants did Gary Zill own a good number of?
4. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
5. What was Osceola named at birth?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)