|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the largest nurseries in south Florida, Kerry's Bromeliads houses over how many orchids?
(a) 1.2 million.
(b) 3.6 million.
(c) 7.7 million.
2. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida happened in what year, according to the author in Plant Crimes?
3. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
(a) 1.4 million.
(b) 2.2 million.
4. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
(a) Post-WWI art phase.
(b) Pre-Columbian art phase.
(c) Nazi memorabilia phase.
(d) Pre-Benedectine art phase.
5. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
6. What did Laroche move on to after leaving the plant world behind?
7. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather moved his family from where to Florida?
8. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
9. When was the Cattleya Orchid named?
10. What woman famous in the orchid community for her touch with Ghost Orchids suffered a plant crime when someone mysteriously destroys the pods of some of her orchids?
(a) Diane Williams.
(b) Susan Zarros.
(c) Savilla Quick.
(d) Wendy Jones.
11. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
12. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
(b) Owl Monkeys.
(c) Wooly Monkeys.
(d) Squirrel Monkeys.
13. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
(a) The Orchid Society of Tallahassee.
(b) The Orchid Society of Jacksonville.
(c) The Orchid Society of Palm Beach.
(d) The Orchid Society of Key West.
14. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
(a) The Tampa Arboretum.
(b) The Miami Mall.
(c) The Miami Convention Center.
(d) The Tampa Convention Center.
15. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
2. What doctor separated Osceola's head from his body?
3. The Florida Seminoles are descendants of the Yuchi, Creek and what tribe?
4. Susan marveled at Laroche's ability to do what with something obsessed over?
5. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how many pounds?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)