|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
2. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
3. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) Robbie's Orchids.
(b) Fuchs Nurseries.
(c) R. F. Orchids.
(d) Rob's Orchids.
4. Martin Motes was described by Susan Orlean as a recovering what?
5. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
(a) Post-WWI art phase.
(b) Nazi memorabilia phase.
(c) Pre-Columbian art phase.
(d) Pre-Benedectine art phase.
6. How many greenhouses in the Orchid Jungle were destroyed by Hurricane Andrew?
7. The owners of the Orchid Jungle won how much money in the Florida state lottery?
(a) 124 million.
(b) 6.76 million.
(c) 2.48 million.
(d) 56 million.
8. Who accompanies Denise to Motes Orchids in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
9. Laroche's exile from the Fakahatchee Strand was extended how long by the court?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
10. What company had begun logging the Fakahatchee Strand for cypress trees in the 1950s?
(a) John Smith Swamp Logging.
(b) The Lee Tidewater Cypress Company.
(c) Jones Forestry Inc.
(d) Steven's Timber Company.
11. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Durham, North Carolina.
(c) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(d) Forth Moultrie, South Carolina.
12. What periodical had run an article about the Orchid Jungle, leading to its becoming a tourist attraction?
(a) The Florida Times-Union.
(b) The Florida Voice Times.
(c) The Miami Herald.
(d) The Tampa Tribune.
13. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
14. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
(a) The Orchid Society of Key West.
(b) The Orchid Society of Tallahassee.
(c) The Orchid Society of Palm Beach.
(d) The Orchid Society of Jacksonville.
15. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Osceola born?
2. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida happened in what year, according to the author in Plant Crimes?
3. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
4. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
5. What is Lee Moore's profession, according to CITES and the US Government?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)