|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
2. At the South Florida Orchid Society in Fortunes, Susan calculated that there were roughly how much money worth of flowers?
(a) $24 million.
(b) $40 million.
(c) $34 million.
(d) $4 million.
3. What refers to a species of flowering plant in the cashew family, Anacardiaceae, that is native to subtropical and tropical South America?
(a) Amazon lily.
(b) Flame of the Forest.
(c) Blue Dawn flower.
(d) Brazilian pepper tree.
4. Laroche's exile from the Fakahatchee Strand was extended how long by the court?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
5. What is a semi-aquatic tropical plant grown as a leaf vegetable also known as "swamp cabbage"?
(a) Siberian onion.
(b) German kraut plant.
(c) Japanese lettuce.
(d) Chinese water-spinach.
6. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
(a) 2.2 million.
(b) 1.4 million.
7. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather came across orchids while traveling through what town?
(a) Palm Beach, Florida.
(b) Homestead, Florida.
(c) Kissimmee, Florida.
(d) Boca Raton, Florida.
8. What is the name of Lee Moore's wife?
9. Whose family had owned the Orchid Jungle before winning the lottery?
(a) Francis Harrold's.
(b) Robert Callahan's.
(c) Tom Fennell's.
(d) John McMurphy's.
10. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather moved his family from where to Florida?
11. What company had begun logging the Fakahatchee Strand for cypress trees in the 1950s?
(a) Steven's Timber Company.
(b) The Lee Tidewater Cypress Company.
(c) John Smith Swamp Logging.
(d) Jones Forestry Inc.
12. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
(a) Put them in pots.
(b) Sold them.
(c) Glued them to trees.
(d) Hid them.
13. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
14. What periodical had run an article about the Orchid Jungle, leading to its becoming a tourist attraction?
(a) The Florida Voice Times.
(b) The Tampa Tribune.
(c) The Miami Herald.
(d) The Florida Times-Union.
15. Where did Susan meet nearly every other orchid grower she had met in Florida, including Martin Motes, Tom Fennell, Bob Fuchs, Frank Smith in Fortunes?
(a) The North Florida Orchid Society Show.
(b) The South Florida Orchid Society Show.
(c) The Southeast Orchid Society Show.
(d) The Central Florida Orchid Society Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
2. Susan learned that if an orchid breeder comes up with a good cross fertilization, they will get the monopoly in the market for how long?
3. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
4. One of the largest nurseries in south Florida, Kerry's Bromeliads houses over how many orchids?
5. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida occurred when someone stole prize-winning orchids worth how much from the R. F. Orchids shadehouse?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)