|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman famous in the orchid community for her touch with Ghost Orchids suffered a plant crime when someone mysteriously destroys the pods of some of her orchids?
(a) Diane Williams.
(b) Susan Zarros.
(c) Savilla Quick.
(d) Wendy Jones.
2. What was the name of Gary Zill's nursery?
(a) Gary's Glowing Orchids.
(b) Zill High Performance Plants.
(c) Plant Master Orchids.
(d) Zill's Best Orchids.
3. Who accompanies Denise to Motes Orchids in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
4. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) R. F. Orchids.
(b) Robbie's Orchids.
(c) Rob's Orchids.
(d) Fuchs Nurseries.
5. Where was Osceola born?
(a) Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Tallassee, Alabama.
(c) Montgomery, Alabama.
(d) Birmingham, Alabama.
6. Laroche's exile from the Fakahatchee Strand was extended how long by the court?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
7. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
(a) Curly Pondweed.
(c) Pond Lily.
(d) Alligator Weed.
8. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
9. One of the largest nurseries in south Florida, Kerry's Bromeliads houses over how many orchids?
(b) 3.6 million.
(c) 7.7 million.
(d) 1.2 million.
10. Who named the Cattleya Orchid?
(a) Leonard Rosen.
(b) Billy Powell.
(c) John Lindley.
(d) Lee Moore.
11. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
12. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
(a) Post-WWI art phase.
(b) Pre-Columbian art phase.
(c) Nazi memorabilia phase.
(d) Pre-Benedectine art phase.
13. Martin Motes was described by Susan Orlean as a recovering what?
14. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
15. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
(a) The Tampa Arboretum.
(b) The Miami Convention Center.
(c) The Tampa Convention Center.
(d) The Miami Mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
2. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how many pounds?
3. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
4. Where did Susan meet nearly every other orchid grower she had met in Florida, including Martin Motes, Tom Fennell, Bob Fuchs, Frank Smith in Fortunes?
5. Who got into an altercation with Fuchs, accusing him of being favored by the judges and telling the others that Fuchs had tried to bribe him when he was a judge?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)