|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather came across orchids while traveling through what town?
(a) Palm Beach, Florida.
(b) Boca Raton, Florida.
(c) Kissimmee, Florida.
(d) Homestead, Florida.
2. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how many pounds?
3. What company had begun logging the Fakahatchee Strand for cypress trees in the 1950s?
(a) The Lee Tidewater Cypress Company.
(b) Jones Forestry Inc.
(c) Steven's Timber Company.
(d) John Smith Swamp Logging.
4. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
5. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
6. One of Tom Fennell's neighbors had bell peppers worth how much money stolen from his fields?
7. What was the name of Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather?
8. Where is Denise from in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
(a) Puerto Rico.
9. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
10. How much did the circuit judge fine Laroche in his case?
11. Laroche's exile from the Fakahatchee Strand was extended how long by the court?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 months.
12. What company did Laroche go on to start after leaving the plant world behind?
(a) Car Corral.
(c) Flower Kingdom.
(d) Computer Depot.
13. The circuit judge in Laroche's case fined the Seminole Indians how much each?
14. What nursery had Tom Fennell once owned?
(a) Amazing Orchids.
(b) The Orchid Jungle.
(c) Orchids R Us.
(d) Orchids Inc.
15. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
(a) Curly Pondweed.
(b) Alligator Weed.
(d) Pond Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman famous in the orchid community for her touch with Ghost Orchids suffered a plant crime when someone mysteriously destroys the pods of some of her orchids?
2. What is the name of Lee Moore's wife?
3. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
4. The collector of Ghost Orchids in Plant Crimes had the secret of putting the baby ghost orchids in what kind of tree?
5. Martin Motes was described by Susan Orlean as a recovering what?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)