|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovered the last species of Cattleya that would be discovered?
(a) Frank Smith.
(b) Robert Fuchs.
(c) John Lindley.
(d) Lee Moore.
2. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
(a) The Appalachian Trail.
(b) Naples Park Nature Trail.
(c) The Tamiami Trail.
(d) Wekiwa Springs Loop Trail.
3. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
4. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather came across orchids while traveling through what town?
(a) Palm Beach, Florida.
(b) Homestead, Florida.
(c) Boca Raton, Florida.
(d) Kissimmee, Florida.
5. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
6. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
(a) Pre-Benedectine art phase.
(b) Nazi memorabilia phase.
(c) Post-WWI art phase.
(d) Pre-Columbian art phase.
7. Who accompanies Denise to Motes Orchids in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
8. What doctor separated Osceola's head from his body?
(a) Dr. Weedon.
(b) Dr. Windsor.
(c) Dr. Williams.
(d) Dr. Woolmont.
9. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
(a) Sold them.
(b) Hid them.
(c) Put them in pots.
(d) Glued them to trees.
10. What kind of plants did Gary Zill own a good number of?
11. Whose family had owned the Orchid Jungle before winning the lottery?
(a) Francis Harrold's.
(b) Robert Callahan's.
(c) Tom Fennell's.
(d) John McMurphy's.
12. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
13. What is Lee Moore's profession, according to CITES and the US Government?
(a) Tour guide.
(b) Drug smuggler.
(d) Plant smuggler.
14. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
15. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
(a) Pond Lily.
(b) Curly Pondweed.
(c) Alligator Weed.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida occurred when someone stole prize-winning orchids worth how much from the R. F. Orchids shadehouse?
2. Where did Susan meet nearly every other orchid grower she had met in Florida, including Martin Motes, Tom Fennell, Bob Fuchs, Frank Smith in Fortunes?
3. One of the largest nurseries in south Florida, Kerry's Bromeliads houses over how many orchids?
4. What was the name of Gary Zill's nursery?
5. What was Osceola named at birth?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)