|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Fuchs is from a family that has been growing orchids for how many generations?
2. Who named the Cattleya Orchid?
(a) Leonard Rosen.
(b) Billy Powell.
(c) Lee Moore.
(d) John Lindley.
3. Who accompanies Denise to Motes Orchids in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
4. How many square feet of greenhouse makes up Kerry's Bromeliads?
5. What is Lee Moore's profession, according to CITES and the US Government?
(b) Tour guide.
(c) Plant smuggler.
(d) Drug smuggler.
6. Where did Susan meet nearly every other orchid grower she had met in Florida, including Martin Motes, Tom Fennell, Bob Fuchs, Frank Smith in Fortunes?
(a) The South Florida Orchid Society Show.
(b) The Central Florida Orchid Society Show.
(c) The Southeast Orchid Society Show.
(d) The North Florida Orchid Society Show.
7. What doctor separated Osceola's head from his body?
(a) Dr. Woolmont.
(b) Dr. Williams.
(c) Dr. Weedon.
(d) Dr. Windsor.
8. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida happened in what year, according to the author in Plant Crimes?
9. When was Osceola born?
10. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how long?
(a) 7 inches.
(b) 9 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 4 inches.
11. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
(a) The Appalachian Trail.
(b) Wekiwa Springs Loop Trail.
(c) Naples Park Nature Trail.
(d) The Tamiami Trail.
12. Who took Susan for a hike along with two inmates from a work-release program of the Copeland Road Prison?
13. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
14. At the South Florida Orchid Society in Fortunes, Susan calculated that there were roughly how much money worth of flowers?
(a) $4 million.
(b) $34 million.
(c) $40 million.
(d) $24 million.
15. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida occurred when someone stole prize-winning orchids worth how much from the R. F. Orchids shadehouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a species of flowering plant in the cashew family, Anacardiaceae, that is native to subtropical and tropical South America?
2. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
3. Martin Motes was described by Susan Orlean as a recovering what?
4. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
5. In what neighborhood of Miami does Lee Moore live?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)