|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a semi-aquatic tropical plant grown as a leaf vegetable also known as "swamp cabbage"?
(a) Japanese lettuce.
(b) Siberian onion.
(c) German kraut plant.
(d) Chinese water-spinach.
2. Who took Susan for a hike along with two inmates from a work-release program of the Copeland Road Prison?
3. What periodical had run an article about the Orchid Jungle, leading to its becoming a tourist attraction?
(a) The Miami Herald.
(b) The Florida Times-Union.
(c) The Tampa Tribune.
(d) The Florida Voice Times.
4. What kind of plants did Gary Zill own a good number of?
5. What company had begun logging the Fakahatchee Strand for cypress trees in the 1950s?
(a) The Lee Tidewater Cypress Company.
(b) John Smith Swamp Logging.
(c) Jones Forestry Inc.
(d) Steven's Timber Company.
6. What refers to a species of grass in the genus Imperata which is placed in the subfamily Panicoideae, supertribe Andropogonodae, tribe Andropogoneae?
(c) Kentucky bluegrass.
(d) Asian cogon grass.
7. What woman famous in the orchid community for her touch with Ghost Orchids suffered a plant crime when someone mysteriously destroys the pods of some of her orchids?
(a) Susan Zarros.
(b) Savilla Quick.
(c) Wendy Jones.
(d) Diane Williams.
8. At the South Florida Orchid Society in Fortunes, Susan calculated that there were roughly how much money worth of flowers?
(a) $40 million.
(b) $4 million.
(c) $24 million.
(d) $34 million.
9. The circuit judge in Laroche's case fined the Seminole Indians how much each?
10. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida occurred when someone stole prize-winning orchids worth how much from the R. F. Orchids shadehouse?
11. Susan learned that if an orchid breeder comes up with a good cross fertilization, they will get the monopoly in the market for how long?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
12. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
13. How much did the circuit judge fine Laroche in his case?
14. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
(a) 1.4 million.
(b) 2.2 million.
15. Where was Osceola born?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Montgomery, Alabama.
(c) Tallassee, Alabama.
(d) Mobile, Alabama.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
2. Who discovered the last species of Cattleya that would be discovered?
3. What was Osceola named at birth?
4. Susan marveled at Laroche's ability to do what with something obsessed over?
5. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)