|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how long?
(a) 5 inches.
(b) 9 inches.
(c) 7 inches.
(d) 4 inches.
2. What company had begun logging the Fakahatchee Strand for cypress trees in the 1950s?
(a) Steven's Timber Company.
(b) The Lee Tidewater Cypress Company.
(c) John Smith Swamp Logging.
(d) Jones Forestry Inc.
3. How many square feet of greenhouse makes up Kerry's Bromeliads?
4. What is a semi-aquatic tropical plant grown as a leaf vegetable also known as "swamp cabbage"?
(a) German kraut plant.
(b) Japanese lettuce.
(c) Siberian onion.
(d) Chinese water-spinach.
5. At the height of his smuggling days, Lee Moore had his own plane, two Lincoln Continentals, a large house and how much money in the bank?
6. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
7. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
8. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
(a) Wekiwa Springs Loop Trail.
(b) Naples Park Nature Trail.
(c) The Appalachian Trail.
(d) The Tamiami Trail.
9. At the South Florida Orchid Society in Fortunes, Susan calculated that there were roughly how much money worth of flowers?
(a) $24 million.
(b) $4 million.
(c) $40 million.
(d) $34 million.
10. Where did Susan meet nearly every other orchid grower she had met in Florida, including Martin Motes, Tom Fennell, Bob Fuchs, Frank Smith in Fortunes?
(a) The North Florida Orchid Society Show.
(b) The South Florida Orchid Society Show.
(c) The Central Florida Orchid Society Show.
(d) The Southeast Orchid Society Show.
11. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how many pounds?
12. The collector of Ghost Orchids in Plant Crimes had the secret of putting the baby ghost orchids in what kind of tree?
13. What nursery had Tom Fennell once owned?
(a) The Orchid Jungle.
(b) Orchids R Us.
(c) Amazing Orchids.
(d) Orchids Inc.
14. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) Robbie's Orchids.
(b) R. F. Orchids.
(c) Rob's Orchids.
(d) Fuchs Nurseries.
15. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
2. What refers to a species of flowering plant in the cashew family, Anacardiaceae, that is native to subtropical and tropical South America?
3. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
4. What refers to a species of grass in the genus Imperata which is placed in the subfamily Panicoideae, supertribe Andropogonodae, tribe Andropogoneae?
5. Where is Denise from in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)