|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida occurred when someone stole prize-winning orchids worth how much from the R. F. Orchids shadehouse?
2. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
(a) Pond Lily.
(c) Alligator Weed.
(d) Curly Pondweed.
3. Kerry's Bromeliads houses how many bromeliads?
(c) 2.2 million.
(d) 1.4 million.
4. Who accompanies Denise to Motes Orchids in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
5. Who took Susan for a hike along with two inmates from a work-release program of the Copeland Road Prison?
6. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
7. Chief Billy Bowlegs had traveled to Washington D. C. on horseback to attempt to repeal a law passed in 1853 that had made it illegal for a Seminole to do what?
(a) Live in Florida.
(b) Own land.
(c) Carry a gun.
(d) Marry a white woman.
8. What refers to a species of flowering plant in the cashew family, Anacardiaceae, that is native to subtropical and tropical South America?
(a) Amazon lily.
(b) Brazilian pepper tree.
(c) Blue Dawn flower.
(d) Flame of the Forest.
9. How many square feet of greenhouse makes up Kerry's Bromeliads?
10. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how long?
(a) 9 inches.
(b) 4 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 7 inches.
11. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
12. Who named the Cattleya Orchid?
(a) Lee Moore.
(b) John Lindley.
(c) Leonard Rosen.
(d) Billy Powell.
13. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
14. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
15. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laroche move on to after leaving the plant world behind?
2. One of Tom Fennell's neighbors had bell peppers worth how much money stolen from his fields?
3. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
4. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
5. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida happened in what year, according to the author in Plant Crimes?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)