|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how long?
(a) 5 inches.
(b) 7 inches.
(c) 9 inches.
(d) 4 inches.
2. Chief Billy Bowlegs had traveled to Washington D. C. on horseback to attempt to repeal a law passed in 1853 that had made it illegal for a Seminole to do what?
(a) Marry a white woman.
(b) Live in Florida.
(c) Own land.
(d) Carry a gun.
3. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
(a) Glued them to trees.
(b) Sold them.
(c) Put them in pots.
(d) Hid them.
4. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
(a) The Orchid Society of Key West.
(b) The Orchid Society of Palm Beach.
(c) The Orchid Society of Jacksonville.
(d) The Orchid Society of Tallahassee.
5. When was the Cattleya Orchid named?
6. Who named the Cattleya Orchid?
(a) Lee Moore.
(b) Billy Powell.
(c) John Lindley.
(d) Leonard Rosen.
7. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) R. F. Orchids.
(b) Robbie's Orchids.
(c) Rob's Orchids.
(d) Fuchs Nurseries.
8. One of Tom Fennell's neighbors had bell peppers worth how much money stolen from his fields?
9. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
10. Whose family had owned the Orchid Jungle before winning the lottery?
(a) Robert Callahan's.
(b) Francis Harrold's.
(c) Tom Fennell's.
(d) John McMurphy's.
11. What was the name of Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather?
12. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Forth Moultrie, South Carolina.
(c) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(d) Durham, North Carolina.
13. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather came across orchids while traveling through what town?
(a) Boca Raton, Florida.
(b) Kissimmee, Florida.
(c) Homestead, Florida.
(d) Palm Beach, Florida.
14. Who accompanies Denise to Motes Orchids in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
15. Where did Susan meet nearly every other orchid grower she had met in Florida, including Martin Motes, Tom Fennell, Bob Fuchs, Frank Smith in Fortunes?
(a) The North Florida Orchid Society Show.
(b) The South Florida Orchid Society Show.
(c) The Central Florida Orchid Society Show.
(d) The Southeast Orchid Society Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a species of flowering plant in the cashew family, Anacardiaceae, that is native to subtropical and tropical South America?
2. What was Osceola named at birth?
3. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
4. What company did Laroche go on to start after leaving the plant world behind?
5. Susan learned that if an orchid breeder comes up with a good cross fertilization, they will get the monopoly in the market for how long?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)