|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What periodical had run an article about the Orchid Jungle, leading to its becoming a tourist attraction?
(a) The Miami Herald.
(b) The Florida Times-Union.
(c) The Florida Voice Times.
(d) The Tampa Tribune.
2. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
(a) The Appalachian Trail.
(b) Wekiwa Springs Loop Trail.
(c) Naples Park Nature Trail.
(d) The Tamiami Trail.
3. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
4. What refers to a species of grass in the genus Imperata which is placed in the subfamily Panicoideae, supertribe Andropogonodae, tribe Andropogoneae?
(b) Kentucky bluegrass.
(c) Asian cogon grass.
5. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how many pounds?
6. What refers to a species of flowering plant in the cashew family, Anacardiaceae, that is native to subtropical and tropical South America?
(a) Flame of the Forest.
(b) Blue Dawn flower.
(c) Amazon lily.
(d) Brazilian pepper tree.
7. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
(a) The Orchid Society of Key West.
(b) The Orchid Society of Jacksonville.
(c) The Orchid Society of Tallahassee.
(d) The Orchid Society of Palm Beach.
8. What company had begun logging the Fakahatchee Strand for cypress trees in the 1950s?
(a) John Smith Swamp Logging.
(b) The Lee Tidewater Cypress Company.
(c) Jones Forestry Inc.
(d) Steven's Timber Company.
9. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
10. What is Lee Moore's profession, according to CITES and the US Government?
(a) Tour guide.
(b) Drug smuggler.
(d) Plant smuggler.
11. What was the name of Gary Zill's nursery?
(a) Zill High Performance Plants.
(b) Gary's Glowing Orchids.
(c) Zill's Best Orchids.
(d) Plant Master Orchids.
12. Where was Osceola born?
(a) Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Tallassee, Alabama.
(c) Montgomery, Alabama.
(d) Birmingham, Alabama.
13. Who got into an altercation with Fuchs, accusing him of being favored by the judges and telling the others that Fuchs had tried to bribe him when he was a judge?
(a) Frank Smith.
(b) Lee Moore.
(c) William Spencer Cavendish.
(d) Tom Fennell.
14. What was the name of Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather?
15. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
(a) The Miami Mall.
(b) The Tampa Convention Center.
(c) The Tampa Arboretum.
(d) The Miami Convention Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovered the last species of Cattleya that would be discovered?
2. How many square feet of greenhouse makes up Kerry's Bromeliads?
3. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
4. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
5. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)