|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
(a) Squirrel Monkeys.
(b) Wooly Monkeys.
(d) Owl Monkeys.
2. Where did Susan meet nearly every other orchid grower she had met in Florida, including Martin Motes, Tom Fennell, Bob Fuchs, Frank Smith in Fortunes?
(a) The Southeast Orchid Society Show.
(b) The South Florida Orchid Society Show.
(c) The North Florida Orchid Society Show.
(d) The Central Florida Orchid Society Show.
3. When was Osceola born?
4. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
(a) Rose and Julius Rosen.
(b) Julian Rosen.
(c) Rose Julian.
(d) Julius and Leonard Rosen.
5. Who got into an altercation with Fuchs, accusing him of being favored by the judges and telling the others that Fuchs had tried to bribe him when he was a judge?
(a) William Spencer Cavendish.
(b) Tom Fennell.
(c) Frank Smith.
(d) Lee Moore.
6. What was Osceola named at birth?
(a) Billy Powell.
(b) John Lindley.
(c) Abraham Fulton.
(d) Albert Carter.
7. Susan learned that if an orchid breeder comes up with a good cross fertilization, they will get the monopoly in the market for how long?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 10 years.
8. When was the Cattleya Orchid named?
9. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how long?
(a) 4 inches.
(b) 7 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 9 inches.
10. How many square feet of greenhouse makes up Kerry's Bromeliads?
11. The circuit judge in Laroche's case fined the Seminole Indians how much each?
12. Robert Fuchs is from a family that has been growing orchids for how many generations?
13. What periodical had run an article about the Orchid Jungle, leading to its becoming a tourist attraction?
(a) The Florida Times-Union.
(b) The Florida Voice Times.
(c) The Tampa Tribune.
(d) The Miami Herald.
14. At the height of his smuggling days, Lee Moore had his own plane, two Lincoln Continentals, a large house and how much money in the bank?
15. How many greenhouses in the Orchid Jungle were destroyed by Hurricane Andrew?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
2. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather moved his family from where to Florida?
3. The Florida Seminoles are descendants of the Yuchi, Creek and what tribe?
4. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
5. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather came across orchids while traveling through what town?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)