|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
(a) The Miami Mall.
(b) The Tampa Convention Center.
(c) The Miami Convention Center.
(d) The Tampa Arboretum.
2. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Durham, North Carolina.
(c) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(d) Forth Moultrie, South Carolina.
3. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) Robbie's Orchids.
(b) Rob's Orchids.
(c) R. F. Orchids.
(d) Fuchs Nurseries.
4. What is Lee Moore's profession, according to CITES and the US Government?
(b) Drug smuggler.
(c) Tour guide.
(d) Plant smuggler.
5. Robert Fuchs is from a family that has been growing orchids for how many generations?
6. Where is Denise from in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
(c) Puerto Rico.
7. What is a tree native to Puebla, Mexico and classified in the flowering plant family Lauraceae along with cinnamon, camphor and bay laurel?
8. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
(a) Alligator Weed.
(b) Curly Pondweed.
(d) Pond Lily.
9. Laroche's exile from the Fakahatchee Strand was extended how long by the court?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 years.
10. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
11. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
12. When was the Cattleya Orchid named?
13. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
14. How many square feet of greenhouse makes up Kerry's Bromeliads?
15. What was the name of Gary Zill's nursery?
(a) Zill High Performance Plants.
(b) Gary's Glowing Orchids.
(c) Zill's Best Orchids.
(d) Plant Master Orchids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took Susan for a hike along with two inmates from a work-release program of the Copeland Road Prison?
2. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
3. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
4. One of the largest nurseries in south Florida, Kerry's Bromeliads houses over how many orchids?
5. What woman famous in the orchid community for her touch with Ghost Orchids suffered a plant crime when someone mysteriously destroys the pods of some of her orchids?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)