|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
2. Whose family had owned the Orchid Jungle before winning the lottery?
(a) Robert Callahan's.
(b) Francis Harrold's.
(c) John McMurphy's.
(d) Tom Fennell's.
3. Laroche's exile from the Fakahatchee Strand was extended how long by the court?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. What is Lee Moore's profession, according to CITES and the US Government?
(b) Drug smuggler.
(c) Tour guide.
(d) Plant smuggler.
5. What nursery had Tom Fennell once owned?
(a) The Orchid Jungle.
(b) Orchids Inc.
(c) Amazing Orchids.
(d) Orchids R Us.
6. Who discovered the last species of Cattleya that would be discovered?
(a) John Lindley.
(b) Frank Smith.
(c) Lee Moore.
(d) Robert Fuchs.
7. Martin Motes was described by Susan Orlean as a recovering what?
8. Robert Fuchs is from a family that has been growing orchids for how many generations?
9. What is a tree native to Puebla, Mexico and classified in the flowering plant family Lauraceae along with cinnamon, camphor and bay laurel?
10. What periodical had run an article about the Orchid Jungle, leading to its becoming a tourist attraction?
(a) The Tampa Tribune.
(b) The Florida Times-Union.
(c) The Miami Herald.
(d) The Florida Voice Times.
11. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
12. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
13. What company had begun logging the Fakahatchee Strand for cypress trees in the 1950s?
(a) The Lee Tidewater Cypress Company.
(b) John Smith Swamp Logging.
(c) Jones Forestry Inc.
(d) Steven's Timber Company.
14. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
(a) Alligator Weed.
(c) Pond Lily.
(d) Curly Pondweed.
15. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Osceola tricked and trapped on New Year's Day?
2. Susan marveled at Laroche's ability to do what with something obsessed over?
3. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
4. What was the name of Gary Zill's nursery?
5. When did the government begin three Seminole "subjugation and removal efforts"?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)