|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What periodical had run an article about the Orchid Jungle, leading to its becoming a tourist attraction?
(a) The Florida Times-Union.
(b) The Florida Voice Times.
(c) The Tampa Tribune.
(d) The Miami Herald.
2. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
3. How many plants called Elaine were to be dumped at Kerry's Bromeliads?
4. Robert Fuchs is from a family that has been growing orchids for how many generations?
5. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
6. The circuit judge in Laroche's case fined the Seminole Indians how much each?
7. What company did Laroche go on to start after leaving the plant world behind?
(a) Flower Kingdom.
(b) Car Corral.
(d) Computer Depot.
8. One of Tom Fennell's neighbors had bell peppers worth how much money stolen from his fields?
9. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
(a) The Tamiami Trail.
(b) Wekiwa Springs Loop Trail.
(c) The Appalachian Trail.
(d) Naples Park Nature Trail.
10. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) Fuchs Nurseries.
(b) R. F. Orchids.
(c) Robbie's Orchids.
(d) Rob's Orchids.
11. When was Osceola born?
12. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
13. What is a semi-aquatic tropical plant grown as a leaf vegetable also known as "swamp cabbage"?
(a) German kraut plant.
(b) Siberian onion.
(c) Japanese lettuce.
(d) Chinese water-spinach.
14. Who named the Cattleya Orchid?
(a) Billy Powell.
(b) Lee Moore.
(c) John Lindley.
(d) Leonard Rosen.
15. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how long?
(a) 9 inches.
(b) 4 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 7 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Cattleya Orchid named?
2. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
3. What is Lee Moore's profession, according to CITES and the US Government?
4. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
5. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)