|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The collector of Ghost Orchids in Plant Crimes had the secret of putting the baby ghost orchids in what kind of tree?
2. When did the legendary first Sapa Inca, Manco Capac, found the Kingdom of Cuzco?
3. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
4. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
5. Robert Fuchs is from a family that has been growing orchids for how many generations?
6. The circuit judge in Laroche's case fined the Seminole Indians how much each?
7. Susan marveled at Laroche's ability to do what with something obsessed over?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Abandon it.
(c) Admire it.
(d) Hate it.
8. What is Lee Moore's profession, according to CITES and the US Government?
(a) Tour guide.
(c) Drug smuggler.
(d) Plant smuggler.
9. Who took Susan for a hike along with two inmates from a work-release program of the Copeland Road Prison?
10. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida occurred when someone stole prize-winning orchids worth how much from the R. F. Orchids shadehouse?
11. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) Robbie's Orchids.
(b) Fuchs Nurseries.
(c) Rob's Orchids.
(d) R. F. Orchids.
12. Chief Billy Bowlegs had traveled to Washington D. C. on horseback to attempt to repeal a law passed in 1853 that had made it illegal for a Seminole to do what?
(a) Marry a white woman.
(b) Carry a gun.
(c) Live in Florida.
(d) Own land.
13. When did Robert Fuchs begin growing orchids professionally?
14. Susan learned that if an orchid breeder comes up with a good cross fertilization, they will get the monopoly in the market for how long?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
15. The poisonous South American toad now can grow up to how long?
(a) 7 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 4 inches.
(d) 9 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company did Laroche go on to start after leaving the plant world behind?
2. What time of smuggling did Lee Moore's wife regale when she met Susan?
3. How many square feet of greenhouse makes up Kerry's Bromeliads?
4. Where did Martin Motes drive to set up his display for the annual show in Fortunes?
5. The owners of the Orchid Jungle won how much money in the Florida state lottery?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)