|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather came across orchids while traveling through what town?
(a) Kissimmee, Florida.
(b) Homestead, Florida.
(c) Boca Raton, Florida.
(d) Palm Beach, Florida.
2. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
(b) Squirrel Monkeys.
(c) Wooly Monkeys.
(d) Owl Monkeys.
3. Who named the Cattleya Orchid?
(a) John Lindley.
(b) Lee Moore.
(c) Leonard Rosen.
(d) Billy Powell.
4. What apes in the family Hylobatidae are often smuggled into Florida?
5. Where did Susan go to hear Martin Motes speak in Plant Crimes?
(a) The Orchid Society of Jacksonville.
(b) The Orchid Society of Tallahassee.
(c) The Orchid Society of Palm Beach.
(d) The Orchid Society of Key West.
6. When did the Billy Bowlegs War take place?
7. What nursery does Robert Fuchs own?
(a) Rob's Orchids.
(b) Fuchs Nurseries.
(c) Robbie's Orchids.
(d) R. F. Orchids.
8. Robert Fuchs is from a family that has been growing orchids for how many generations?
9. When was the Cattleya Orchid named?
10. Robert Fuchs is described as a tall, striking, handsome man who is both envied and disliked due to his what?
11. What did Laroche move on to after leaving the plant world behind?
12. In what neighborhood of Miami does Lee Moore live?
13. One of Tom Fennell's neighbors had bell peppers worth how much money stolen from his fields?
14. What was the name of Gary Zill's nursery?
(a) Plant Master Orchids.
(b) Zill's Best Orchids.
(c) Gary's Glowing Orchids.
(d) Zill High Performance Plants.
15. Where was Osceola born?
(a) Montgomery, Alabama.
(b) Mobile, Alabama.
(c) Tallassee, Alabama.
(d) Birmingham, Alabama.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Denise to Motes Orchids in Anyone Can Grow Orchids?
2. One of the most notorious plant crimes in Florida happened in what year, according to the author in Plant Crimes?
3. Whose family had owned the Orchid Jungle before winning the lottery?
4. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
5. Robert Fuchs' great-grandfather moved his family from where to Florida?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)