|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Benedict Roezl from?
2. Where did Susan witness John Laroche's trial in The Millionaire's Hothouse?
(a) Tampa, Florida.
(b) Naples, Florida.
(c) Savannah, Ga.
(d) Miami, Florida.
3. Although it was illegal for Laroche to bring a plant out of the Fakahatchee, it was legal for who to do so?
(b) Native Americans.
(c) His wife.
4. When was William Spencer Cavendish born?
5. What refers to an action or an instance of negligence that is deemed injurious to the public welfare or morals or to the interests of the state, and is legally prohibited?
6. When did Laroche tell Susan he had first gotten into plants and horticulture?
7. What event had John Laroche attended which got him into plants and horticulture?
(a) The World Edmundoa Show.
(b) The World Bromeliad Show.
(c) The World Orthophytum Show.
(d) The World Connellia Show.
8. Of what profession was Nathaniel Bagshaw Ward?
(b) Ship Captain.
9. What is the binomial name of the Ghost Orchid?
(a) Dendrophylax serpentilingua.
(b) Dendrophylax lindenii.
(c) Dendrophylax porrectus.
(d) Dendrophylax helorrhiza.
10. The Seminole tribe were looking for someone to start a nursery because they owned how much land in Florida?
(a) Thousands of acres.
(b) 100 acres.
(c) Hundreds of acres.
(d) Millions of acres.
11. What did Laroche attempt to use to get in for free at the orchid show in Gorgeous?
(a) Orchid seedlings.
(b) A fake student identification card.
(c) Susan's press pass.
(d) An expired coupon.
12. When did the Seminole Wars take place?
13. What refers to any of a class of angiosperm plants having a single cotyledon in the seed?
14. How many genera are there in the orchid family?
15. What did Laroche do at the nursery he took Susan to visit in Cloning the Ghost?
(a) Sold some orchids.
(b) Burned all the plants.
(c) Took back some plants.
(d) Drowned the plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image or desire?
2. John Laroche was in a car accident which led to what defect?
3. What is the genus of the Ghost Orchid?
4. What is the largest genus in the orchid family Orchidaceae?
5. When did Frederick Sander meet Benedict Roezl?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)