|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most Seminoles speak what language?
2. What is a fungicide which was introduced in 1968 by DuPont and is a systemic benzimidazole fungicide that is selectively toxic to microorganisms and to invertebrates, especially earthworms?
3. What refers to an action or an instance of negligence that is deemed injurious to the public welfare or morals or to the interests of the state, and is legally prohibited?
4. Alligators have remained largely unchanged for how many years?
(a) 20 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 2 billion.
(d) 200 million.
5. Where did John Laroche grow up?
(a) South Miami.
(b) North Miami.
(c) East Tampa.
(d) Downtown Tampa.
6. How many species are in the Dendrobium genus of orchids?
7. What is the genus of the Ghost Orchid?
8. Where was Benedict Roezl from?
9. There are over how many known species of orchids?
10. What word refers to the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image or desire?
11. To what order does the Ghost Orchid belong?
12. When did the Seminole Wars take place?
13. Hollywood, Florida is just south of what city?
(a) Palm Bay.
(d) Fort Lauderdale.
14. The Seminole tribe were looking for someone to start a nursery because they owned how much land in Florida?
(a) 100 acres.
(b) Millions of acres.
(c) Hundreds of acres.
(d) Thousands of acres.
15. Orchids are considered the most _____ flowering plants on earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was John Laroche born?
2. When did Susan Orlean leave to go to Florida in The Millionaire's Hothouse?
3. What is the binomial name of the Ghost Orchid?
4. When was Frederick Sander born?
5. What is a venomous pit viper species found in the southeastern United States which is the heaviest (though not longest) venomous snake in the Americas and the largest rattlesnake?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)