|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plant Crimes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orchids from seeds take a long time because many of the plants rarely form what?
(b) Seed pods.
2. What type of orchid has a stem which grows from a single bud in which leaves are added from the apex each year, and the stem grows longer accordingly?
3. Who was put into a coma from the car accident John Laroche had?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. What refers to a species of grass in the genus Imperata which is placed in the subfamily Panicoideae, supertribe Andropogonodae, tribe Andropogoneae?
(b) Kentucky bluegrass.
(c) Asian cogon grass.
5. Although it was illegal for Laroche to bring a plant out of the Fakahatchee, it was legal for who to do so?
(b) Native Americans.
(c) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a wetland with some flooding of large areas of land by shallow bodies of water?
2. What German tireless collector is the reason why Frederick Sander became so influential in the orchid community?
3. Pollination of the Ghost Orchid is done by what?
4. Whose family had owned the Orchid Jungle before winning the lottery?
5. What is the genus of the Ghost Orchid?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)