|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Green Hell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a venomous pit viper species found in the southeastern United States which is the heaviest (though not longest) venomous snake in the Americas and the largest rattlesnake?
(a) Pacific Rattlesnake.
(b) Rock Rattlesnake.
(c) Diamondback Rattlesnake.
2. The Seminole tribe were looking for someone to start a nursery because they owned how much land in Florida?
(a) Hundreds of acres.
(b) Millions of acres.
(c) 100 acres.
(d) Thousands of acres.
3. Where did Susan Orlean leave to go to Florida in The Millionaire's Hothouse?
(d) New York.
4. What kind of orchid was John Laroche accused of attempting to steal in The Millionaire's Hothouse?
(a) Vampire Orchid.
(b) Ghost Orchid.
(c) Poltergeist Orchid.
(d) Gremlin Orchid.
5. What parts of the Ghost Orchid did Susan and her park ranger friend see in A Green Hell?
Short Answer Questions
1. John Laroche is introduced as being an eccentric person who is tall, skinny and handsome despite what?
2. When did Laroche tell Susan he had first gotten into plants and horticulture?
3. Although it was illegal for Laroche to bring a plant out of the Fakahatchee, it was legal for who to do so?
4. The scent of the blooming Ghost Orchid is fruity, resembling what?
5. When was John Laroche born?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)