|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Green Hell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image or desire?
2. What is a fungicide which was introduced in 1968 by DuPont and is a systemic benzimidazole fungicide that is selectively toxic to microorganisms and to invertebrates, especially earthworms?
3. The Fakahatchee Strand is 25 miles south of where?
(a) Jacksonville, Florida.
(b) Orlando, Florida.
(c) Gainesville, Florida.
(d) Naples, Florida.
4. What refers to a morphologically diverse and widespread family of monocots in the order Asparagales?
5. What park ranger did Susan meet in A Green Hell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Orlean has been a staff writer for what periodical since 1992?
2. Where did Susan witness John Laroche's trial in The Millionaire's Hothouse?
3. When did the Seminole Wars take place?
4. What event had John Laroche attended which got him into plants and horticulture?
5. Where was John Laroche accused of stealing orchids from in The Millionaire's Hothouse?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)