|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Green Hell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Seminole tribe were looking for someone to start a nursery because they owned how much land in Florida?
(a) Thousands of acres.
(b) 100 acres.
(c) Hundreds of acres.
(d) Millions of acres.
2. Pollination of the Ghost Orchid is done by what?
(a) The Florida jumping beetle.
(b) The giant orchid spider.
(c) The giant sphinx moth.
(d) The swamp hummingbird.
3. When did the Seminole Wars take place?
4. When does the Ghost Orchid blossom?
(a) Between May and September.
(b) Between May and August.
(c) Between June and August.
(d) Between December and April.
5. The scent of the blooming Ghost Orchid is fruity, resembling what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Susan Orlean leave to go to Florida in The Millionaire's Hothouse?
2. What refers to a wetland with some flooding of large areas of land by shallow bodies of water?
3. What refers to a cell, cell product, or organism that is genetically identical to the unit or individual from which it was derived?
4. What does CITES stand for?
5. What killed most of Larouche's nursery stock after his car accident?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)