|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Barbecued Doves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way to reach the Fakahatchee Strand?
(a) The Tamiami Trail.
(b) The Appalachian Trail.
(c) Wekiwa Springs Loop Trail.
(d) Naples Park Nature Trail.
2. What is a term for any one of a large number of unrelated small to medium sized species of parrot, that generally have long tail feathers?
3. What genus of plants were brought to south Florida as an ornamental landscape plant from Australia?
4. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
(a) Rose and Julius Rosen.
(b) Julian Rosen.
(c) Julius and Leonard Rosen.
(d) Rose Julian.
5. What kind of pollination do orchids undergo?
(c) They do not pollinate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laroche do with the stolen orchids which didn't die?
2. What company had begun logging the Fakahatchee Strand for cypress trees in the 1950s?
3. Orchids are considered the most _____ flowering plants on earth.
4. In Orchid Fever, Susan writes that the international trade in orchids is more than how much per year?
5. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)