|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Barbecued Doves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers an immersed aquatic plant which originated in South America but has spread to many parts of the world and is considered an invasive species in Australia, China, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States?
(b) Pond Lily.
(c) Curly Pondweed.
(d) Alligator Weed.
2. In Orchid Fever, Susan writes that the international trade in orchids is more than how much per year?
(a) $700 million.
(b) $2 billion.
(c) $10 billion.
(d) $200 million.
3. What is a semi-aquatic tropical plant grown as a leaf vegetable also known as "swamp cabbage"?
(a) Siberian onion.
(b) Japanese lettuce.
(c) German kraut plant.
(d) Chinese water-spinach.
4. What refers to a species of flowering plant in the cashew family, Anacardiaceae, that is native to subtropical and tropical South America?
(a) Brazilian pepper tree.
(b) Amazon lily.
(c) Blue Dawn flower.
(d) Flame of the Forest.
5. What type of orchid has a stem which grows from a single bud in which leaves are added from the apex each year, and the stem grows longer accordingly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lee Moore's wife?
2. What monkeys are the genus Lagothrix of New World monkeys, usually placed in the family Atelidae?
3. When did Charles Darwin publish Fertilization of Orchids?
4. Who owned the Gulf American Corporation?
5. What company had begun logging the Fakahatchee Strand for cypress trees in the 1950s?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)