The Millionaire's Hothouse
• John Laroche is introduced as being an eccentric person who is tall, skinny and handsome despite missing some of his front teeth.
• When Laroche finds an interest, he does not merely admire the thing or subject, he becomes thoroughly obsessed with it.
• Laroche has been this way his entire life, but until recently, he had been thoroughly obsessed with orchids.
• Laroche considers himself a shrewd bastard and is essentially self-taught; he also considers himself to be one of the smartest people that he knows.
• Susan read about Laroche in a newspaper article and was intrigued when she saw the words "swamp," "orchids," "Seminoles," "cloning" and "criminal" together in one short piece.
• Susan decided to leave New York in the dead of winter to travel to sunny Florida to research more about the piece, and arrived in Naples to witness Laroche's trial.
• Laroche was accused...
This section contains 2,526 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)