Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the jail to provide some assistance to Ownby?
2. What was Sylder's position in the armed forces?
3. Sylder is told that _____________ wants to see him.
4. What does Sylder secretly think after John Wesley leaves?
5. With what other offense could John Wesley be charged?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Gifford. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Gifford's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Explain McCarthy's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)