Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the jail to provide some assistance to Ownby?
2. What was Sylder's position in the armed forces?
3. Sylder is told that _____________ wants to see him.
4. What does Sylder secretly think after John Wesley leaves?
5. With what other offense could John Wesley be charged?
Essay Topic 1
THE ORCHARD KEEPER is written in the Southern Gothic style. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
McCarthy uses more than one instance of irony in the story. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony. What is the major irony in the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)