|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals did the panther kitten's mother kill?
2. What kind of animal do the boys have trapped in a cave?
3. In what branch of the armed forces did Sylder serve?
4. Ownby states that the older he gets, _____________________.
5. How much prison time does Sylder get for running whiskey?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of resistance to government intervention. Identify at least two examples about resistance to government intervention in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of resistance to government intervention.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)