Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the jail to provide some assistance to Ownby?
2. What was Sylder's position in the armed forces?
3. Sylder is told that _____________ wants to see him.
4. What does Sylder secretly think after John Wesley leaves?
5. With what other offense could John Wesley be charged?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Kenneth Rattner. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of resistance to government intervention. Identify at least two examples about resistance to government intervention in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of resistance to government intervention.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)