|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many police officers is Ownby accused of shooting?
2. What type of animal devours the wildcat?
3. What offense was John Wesley told he had committed?
(a) Trapping without a license.
(b) Fishing without a license.
(c) No dog tags on his dog.
(d) Driving without a license.
4. How old was Mildred Rattner when she died?
5. What kind of animal do the boys hope to trap for its value?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose house do the boys go to talk about the skunk?
2. What extreme weather is Ownby navigating at the beginning of this section?
3. What does the orchard keeper notice about the peach pit when he visits it?
4. How long does it take for Ownby to show up at the store and for Gifford to arrest him?
5. What does Ownby want to bring with him when he is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Rattners by the end of the story?
2. Describe Ownby's encounter with a welfare department agent in the jail.
3. How does John Wesley manage to get into the mental asylum to visit Ownby?
4. In addition to his traps, what does Warn point out to the other boys?
5. How else might the irony of Sylder and John Wesley's friendship be interpreted?
6. Why does McCarthy wait until this point in the story to reveal the orchard keeper's formal name?
7. Why does McCarthy wait until this point in the story to reveal the orchard keeper's name?
8. What information does John Wesley give to Gifford and what does Sylder say about it?
9. How does Gifford put pressure on John Wesley to give up information about Sylder?
10. Describe Sylder's booking in the police department.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)