|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whose house do the boys go to talk about the skunk?
(a) Widow Rennart's.
(c) Mr. Wren's.
(d) Uncle Ather's.
2. What does Ownby want to bring with him when he is arrested?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His knife.
(c) His dog, Scout.
(d) His moonshine jug.
3. What animals is the wildcat prowling for at the beginning of this section?
4. Where is Ownby heading when he leaves his house from the back door?
5. Where does Ownby position himself to get off good shots at the officers?
(a) Under his stove.
(b) Behind a tractor.
(c) In a shed.
(d) Behind a chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylder tell John Wesley about Gifford?
2. Where does the large cat find refuge from the rain?
3. What is Uncle Ather's job?
4. What does John Wesley promise to take care of for Ownby?
5. What does Sylder secretly think after John Wesley leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does John Wesley give to Gifford and what does Sylder say about it?
2. In addition to his traps, what does Warn point out to the other boys?
3. Why does Sylder stop at Officer Gifford's house on the way home from a whiskey run?
4. How does Sylder recall losing part of his toe in the war?
5. Describe Sylder's booking in the police department.
6. How does Arthur stand firm in an attempt to evade the police and find an even more isolated location?
7. What is the significance of cats in the story?
8. Describe the conversation in which Ownby gives John Wesley advice about his life.
9. What does the orchard keeper do on a snowy morning involving the peach pit?
10. What happens to the Rattners by the end of the story?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)