|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the storekeep that Gifford questions about Ownby?
2. What is the widow Rattner's first name?
3. How much does Warn say the mink is probably worth now that it is mangled?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) One dollar.
4. What is the name of Ownby's dog?
5. Why does Sylder feel a strong sense of doom as he tries to fall asleep?
(a) He thinks Gifford will figure out who hit him.
(b) He thinks he has a fatal illness.
(c) He worries that John Wesley will squeal on him.
(d) He wonders why the orchard keeper was shooting the tank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the orchard keeper notice about the peach pit when he visits it?
2. Whose hideout is in a cave?
3. Why is Ownby going to be arrested?
4. How much is a mink worth?
5. To whose shop do the boys take the captured skunk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John Wesley manage to get into the mental asylum to visit Ownby?
2. How is the dead cat symbolic of Kenneth Rattner?
3. Who is Arthur Ownby and what is he doing as this chapter begins?
4. What is the significance of cats in the story?
5. Describe the activities of the wildcat as it tries to find dry quarters as well as something to eat.
6. How else might the irony of Sylder and John Wesley's friendship be interpreted?
7. What information does John Wesley give to Gifford and what does Sylder say about it?
8. In addition to his traps, what does Warn point out to the other boys?
9. Describe Ownby's arrest by Officer Gifford.
10. Why is Sylder's toe injury probably unrelated to a war injury?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)