|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the large cat find refuge from the rain?
(a) An abandoned house.
(b) An abandoned school.
(c) Widow Rattner's barn.
(d) An old shed.
2. What does Sylder secretly think after John Wesley leaves?
(a) He wonders if his wife will bring lunch.
(b) He is anxious to get back to his whiskey runs.
(c) He hopes Gifford gets what he deserves.
(d) He wants to repent.
3. How could John Wesley be charged with aiding a criminal?
(a) He gave a gun to a fugitive.
(b) The man he helped was a bootlegger.
(c) He hid out a fugitive.
(d) He gave money to an accused murderer.
4. What does John Wesley bring to Ownby in the mental asylum?
5. Where is Ownby heading when he leaves his house from the back door?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uncle Ather's real name?
2. What does John Wesley say about Sylder?
3. How much money does John Wesley leave for the chickenhawk even though he could not get the corpse?
4. Sylder is told that _____________ wants to see him.
5. Why does Officer Legwater sift through the ashes in the peach pit?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)