|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fruit is the old man eating?
2. What kind of animal does John Wesley kill?
3. How were men killed at the Green Fly Inn?
(a) They were poisoned.
(b) There was a drive-by shooting.
(c) There was a knife fight.
(d) The porch collapsed.
4. What does John Wesley do after his mother goes to sleep?
(a) Goes to a gambling hall.
(b) Meets a girl in the meadow.
(c) Sneaks out to a bar.
(d) Goes to the woods.
5. Who is driving the car that crashes in the woods?
(a) The orchard keeper.
(c) John Wesley.
(d) Kenneth Rattner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sylder dispose of the dead body?
2. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
3. What is the only thing John Wesley finds in his animal traps?
4. About what do Sylder and June question Jack the Runner?
5. What was Sylder afraid of seeing outside his window at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Sylder dispose of the body and whose presence is he unaware of?
2. What information does John Wesley give to Gifford and what does Sylder say about it?
3. In addition to his traps, what does Warn point out to the other boys?
4. What do Sylder and June do when they locate the young hitchhikers?
5. How does Sylder end up killing the man?
6. What does Mrs. Rattner tell John Wesley about his father?
7. What are the circumstances in which Sylder once again encounters the old man?
8. What is the significance of cats in the story?
9. What are John Wesley and Warn's speculation on what had happened to the mink?
10. How does the author further the theme of ignorance and obscurity?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)