|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the policemen begin their investigation?
(a) A local church.
(b) Homes in the area.
(c) A diner.
(d) A local store.
2. On what type of road is Sylder driving?
3. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
(b) Illegal drug use.
(c) World War II.
(d) Marijuana farms.
4. What does Sylder do with the dead body when he hears a truck coming?
(a) Rolls it into a ravine.
(b) Sets it in the passenger seat.
(c) Puts it in the trunk.
(d) Puts it under the car.
5. What type of fruit is the old man eating?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Sylder's crash?
2. Why had Sylder once blasted his wall with a shotgun?
3. Which of the following is true about Kenneth Rattner's widow and son?
4. What does Kenneth do at the gas station?
5. How is the girl injured while watching John Wesley fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Green Fly Inn.
2. Where does Sylder dispose of the body and whose presence is he unaware of?
3. How does John Wesley acquire his animal traps?
4. What does Mrs. Rattner tell John Wesley about his father?
5. What is the symbolism of the old man firing on the government tank on his property?
6. What is Kenneth Rattner doing as the novel begins?
7. What does the old man recall about the day he discovered the corpse buried in the peach pit?
8. What is the most that John Wesley has ever caught in his traps?
9. What happens to Sylder after the flat tire is fixed?
10. How does McCarthy set up the book's major irony in this chapter?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)