|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does John Wesley scare away while hunting?
2. Who had originally shown Sylder the corpse in the pit?
(a) His brother.
(b) Two children.
(c) His wife.
(d) A deputy.
3. Where do the policemen begin their investigation?
(a) A local church.
(b) A local store.
(c) Homes in the area.
(d) A diner.
4. What does the orchard keeper do after he discharges his shotgun shells?
(a) Examines the shells.
(b) Opens the shotgun.
(c) Discards the spent shells.
(d) All of these.
5. Who is Kenneth Rattner's son?
(a) John William.
(b) John Warner.
(c) John Wesley.
(d) James Ashely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the orchard keeper get out of a chest?
2. What does the man in the car ask Sylder to do?
3. What does the old man pass by on his way home from the orchard?
4. What kind of job did Sylder have?
5. What reason does Sylder give for the man being under the truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sylder recall losing part of his toe in the war?
2. What happens to Sylder after the flat tire is fixed?
3. Describe Sylder's booking in the police department.
4. What do Sylder and June do when they locate the young hitchhikers?
5. Who are the boys that John Wesley meets and what do they do?
6. How does Gifford put pressure on John Wesley to give up information about Sylder?
7. In addition to his traps, what does Warn point out to the other boys?
8. How does John Wesley acquire his animal traps?
9. What does the orchard keeper do when he returns to his house?
10. How does Arthur stand firm in an attempt to evade the police and find an even more isolated location?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)