|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The town of Red Branch is in the ___________________ Mountains.
2. What was Sylder afraid of seeing outside his window at night?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A cat.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A stranger.
3. How old is Sylder at the beginning of this section?
4. What do Sylder and June do when they find the two girls and a boy?
(a) Give them a ride to Knoxville.
(b) Shoot them in the woods.
(c) Give them bus fare to get home.
(d) Rape them and leave them in a remote area.
5. How much did John Wesley earn for the dead chickenhawk?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Seventy-five cents.
(d) Twenty-five cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sylder and John Wesley walk to the house of Sylder's friend, _____________.
2. What is the name of Sylder's dog?
3. What does the old man pass by on his way home from the orchard?
4. What happens as Sylder tries to elude the police?
5. What does Sylder crash into when he careens off the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the voices in the woods tell John Wesley to do?
2. What is the most that John Wesley has ever caught in his traps?
3. What insight is revealed about Sylder's background?
4. How does John Wesley acquire his animal traps?
5. What does the orchard keeper do when he returns to his house?
6. What does Mrs. Rattner tell John Wesley about his father?
7. Describe the Green Fly Inn.
8. Where does Kenneth get a ride to and what is his ultimate destination?
9. What are the circumstances in which Sylder once again encounters the old man?
10. What other possible explanation could there be for Sylder's driving fast to elude the police?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)