|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the old acquaintance that Marion sees at the bar?
2. Who are the inhabitants of the truck?
(a) A sheriff's deputy.
(b) Two men.
(c) A man and his son.
(d) A man and wife.
3. What is the name of the bar which is tethered to a pine tree to keep it in place?
(a) Pinetree Inn.
(b) Green Fly Inn.
(c) Come On Inn.
(d) Green Pine Inn.
4. How old is Sylder at the beginning of this section?
5. How much time has passed since the last section of the novel?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylder do after he kills the man?
2. What kind of car did Sylder crash?
3. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
4. Gifford and ___________ are two local cops who investigate Sylder's crash.
5. Sylder believes that _____________ prowl around the mountain invisibly.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kenneth get a ride to and what is his ultimate destination?
2. How does John Wesley acquire his animal traps?
3. Who are Gifford and Legwater and what do they find at the scene of the car crash?
4. How does John Wesley happen to meet Sylder?
5. What is the whiskey running process in place in the area and what is Sylder's role in it?
6. Where does Sylder dispose of the body and whose presence is he unaware of?
7. What does the orchard keeper do when he returns to his house?
8. What does Kenneth say he is looking for and why does this confuse the storekeep?
9. Why is the old man afraid of cats and what extreme measures has he taken to keep them at bay?
10. What is the symbolism of the old man firing on the government tank on his property?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)