|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does John Wesley hear as he is searching for his traps?
(a) An approaching car.
(b) Cracking trees.
(c) All of these.
(d) Splashing water.
2. Sylder sees the orchard keeper shooting ________________ in the side of a government tank.
(a) a cannon.
(b) a cross.
(c) a swastika.
(d) a large "X".
3. What is the result of Sylder's crash?
(a) He drives away.
(b) His car is totalled.
(c) He is severely wounded.
(d) He is killed instantly.
4. What does Sylder crash into when he careens off the road?
(a) A storefront.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A huge tree.
(d) A house.
5. Who is the old acquaintance that Marion sees at the bar?
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
2. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
3. Which of the following is true about Kenneth Rattner's widow and son?
4. What kind of car did Sylder crash?
5. Where does Sylder arrive in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kenneth get a ride to and what is his ultimate destination?
2. What happens to Sylder after the flat tire is fixed?
3. What does Mrs. Rattner tell John Wesley about his father?
4. What spooks the orchard keeper when he visits the peach pit where the corpse is buried?
5. What are the circumstances in which Sylder once again encounters the old man?
6. What does the old man recall about the day he discovered the corpse buried in the peach pit?
7. Why is the old man afraid of cats and what extreme measures has he taken to keep them at bay?
8. How does Sylder end up killing the man?
9. Who are Gifford and Legwater and what do they find at the scene of the car crash?
10. What other possible explanation could there be for Sylder's driving fast to elude the police?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)