|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sylder kill the man?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Slits his throat.
(c) Crushes his windpipe.
(d) Stabs him.
2. What kind of job did Sylder have?
3. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
(a) burn the house.
(b) avenge his father's death.
(c) run away.
(d) kill his mother.
4. What type of fruit is the old man eating?
5. Which of the following does John Wesley's mother tell him about his father?
(a) He was an honest man.
(b) All of these.
(c) He was a hard-working man.
(d) They would not be in this sad state if he were alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Kenneth Rattner's widow and son?
2. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
3. Sylder and John Wesley walk to the house of Sylder's friend, _____________.
4. Where does Sylder dispose of the dead body?
5. What does Sylder do after he kills the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What spooks the orchard keeper when he visits the peach pit where the corpse is buried?
2. Where does Sylder dispose of the body and whose presence is he unaware of?
3. What does Mrs. Rattner tell John Wesley about his father?
4. What is the most that John Wesley has ever caught in his traps?
5. What other possible explanation could there be for Sylder's driving fast to elude the police?
6. Where does Kenneth get a ride to and what is his ultimate destination?
7. What happens to Sylder after the flat tire is fixed?
8. What is life like now for Kenneth Rattner's widow and son, John Wesley, since Rattner is dead?
9. What does the orchard keeper do when he returns to his house?
10. What do the voices in the woods tell John Wesley to do?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)