|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sylder dispose of the dead body?
(a) The woods.
(b) A mountain ravine.
(c) A riverbank.
(d) A lake.
2. Who do Sylder and June question at the Green Fly Inn?
(a) Jack the Ripper.
(b) Jack the Idiot.
(c) Jack the Rapist.
(d) Jack the Runner.
3. How is the girl injured while watching John Wesley fish?
(a) A jellyfish stings her.
(b) A leech bites her.
(c) She falls out of a tree.
(d) She steps on a fish hook.
4. Sylder and John Wesley walk to the house of Sylder's friend, _____________.
5. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 57 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Marion Sylder born?
2. Which of the following is true about Kenneth Rattner's widow and son?
3. Which of the following does John Wesley's mother tell him about his father?
4. What reason does Sylder give for the man being under the truck?
5. How many animal traps does John Wesley get for his dollar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author give the first clue that Sylder is a bootlegger?
2. Where does Sylder dispose of the body and whose presence is he unaware of?
3. How does McCarthy set up the book's major irony in this chapter?
4. How does the author further the theme of ignorance and obscurity?
5. How does John Wesley happen to meet Sylder?
6. What does the man in Sylder's car want and what does Sylder end up doing?
7. What does the old man recall about the day he discovered the corpse buried in the peach pit?
8. Who are Gifford and Legwater and what do they find at the scene of the car crash?
9. What insight is revealed about Sylder's background?
10. What is the whiskey running process in place in the area and what is Sylder's role in it?
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)