|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sylder sees the orchard keeper shooting ________________ in the side of a government tank.
(a) a swastika.
(b) a cannon.
(c) a cross.
(d) a large "X".
2. What kind of job did Sylder have?
3. What is one of the major inconveniences of the Rattner house?
(a) Leaky roof.
(b) No indoor plumbing.
(c) No air conditioning.
(d) No mail delivery.
4. Sylder believes that _____________ prowl around the mountain invisibly.
(a) wampus cats.
5. Where does Sylder dispose of the dead body?
(a) A lake.
(b) A riverbank.
(c) A mountain ravine.
(d) The woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kenneth's ultimate decision?
2. About what do Sylder and June question Jack the Runner?
3. Where is Kenneth when he enters a bar?
4. Who picks up the whiskey on the orchard keeper's property and takes it the rest of the way on its journey?
5. Which of the following does John Wesley's mother tell him about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Gifford and Legwater and what do they find at the scene of the car crash?
2. Describe the Green Fly Inn.
3. Where does Kenneth get a ride to and what is his ultimate destination?
4. What do Sylder and June do when they locate the young hitchhikers?
5. What happens to Sylder after the flat tire is fixed?
6. What is the most that John Wesley has ever caught in his traps?
7. What is Kenneth Rattner doing as the novel begins?
8. How does John Wesley acquire his animal traps?
9. What does Sylder do after he is fired from his job?
10. What is the symbolism of the old man firing on the government tank on his property?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)