|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Wesley take with him to check his traps?
2. What is the name of the town where Marion Sylder was born?
(a) Red Branch.
(b) Red Vine.
(c) Red Fern.
(d) Red Bank.
3. Who had originally shown Sylder the corpse in the pit?
(a) Two children.
(b) A deputy.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
4. What surprises Sylder when he gets to his car after leaving a bar?
(a) His windshield is smashed.
(b) Obscenities are painted on his car.
(c) There is a man in his car.
(d) All his tires are flat.
5. What does Sylder do after he kills the man?
(b) Falls unconscious.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Drives away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sylder sees the orchard keeper shooting ________________ in the side of a government tank.
2. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
3. What does the man in the car ask Sylder to do?
4. Who is Kenneth Rattner's son?
5. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sylder do after he is fired from his job?
2. What does the man in Sylder's car want and what does Sylder end up doing?
3. How does McCarthy set up the book's major irony in this chapter?
4. How does John Wesley happen to meet Sylder?
5. What is the symbolism of the old man firing on the government tank on his property?
6. What does Kenneth say he is looking for and why does this confuse the storekeep?
7. What other possible explanation could there be for Sylder's driving fast to elude the police?
8. What does the orchard keeper do when he returns to his house?
9. Where does Kenneth get a ride to and what is his ultimate destination?
10. Describe the Green Fly Inn.
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)