|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
(a) Cut from barbed wire.
(b) A dog bite.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Motorcycle burn.
2. How much did John Wesley earn for the dead chickenhawk?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Twenty-five cents.
(d) Seventy-five cents.
3. What was Sylder afraid of seeing outside his window at night?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A cat.
(d) A ghost.
4. What does John Wesley take with him to check his traps?
5. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sylder kill the man?
2. Where does Sylder arrive in the middle of the night?
3. Who is Kenneth Rattner's son?
4. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
5. Why is Sylder driving so fast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sylder do after he is fired from his job?
2. Where does Sylder dispose of the body and whose presence is he unaware of?
3. What are the circumstances in which Sylder once again encounters the old man?
4. What do the voices in the woods tell John Wesley to do?
5. What is the most that John Wesley has ever caught in his traps?
6. What does the orchard keeper do when he returns to his house?
7. Why is the old man afraid of cats and what extreme measures has he taken to keep them at bay?
8. Where does Kenneth get a ride to and what is his ultimate destination?
9. How does McCarthy set up the book's major irony in this chapter?
10. How does Sylder end up killing the man?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)