|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Wesley do after his mother goes to sleep?
(a) Sneaks out to a bar.
(b) Goes to the woods.
(c) Goes to a gambling hall.
(d) Meets a girl in the meadow.
2. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
3. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 57 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 17 miles.
4. What does the orchard keeper get out of a chest?
(a) A rifle.
(b) Shotgun shells.
(c) A deed.
(d) A blanket.
5. What does Sylder do after he kills the man?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Drives away.
(c) Falls unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Sylder live?
2. Why had Sylder once blasted his wall with a shotgun?
3. Sylder and John Wesley walk to the house of Sylder's friend, _____________.
4. Why was Sylder fired from his job?
5. What reason does Sylder give for the man being under the truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author give the first clue that Sylder is a bootlegger?
2. How does Sylder end up killing the man?
3. What does the man in Sylder's car want and what does Sylder end up doing?
4. What does Sylder do after he is fired from his job?
5. Who are Gifford and Legwater and what do they find at the scene of the car crash?
6. Where does Sylder dispose of the body and whose presence is he unaware of?
7. How does McCarthy set up the book's major irony in this chapter?
8. What is the whiskey running process in place in the area and what is Sylder's role in it?
9. What happens to Sylder after the flat tire is fixed?
10. What does Kenneth say he is looking for and why does this confuse the storekeep?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)