|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were men killed at the Green Fly Inn?
(a) The porch collapsed.
(b) There was a knife fight.
(c) There was a drive-by shooting.
(d) They were poisoned.
2. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
(a) run away.
(b) kill his mother.
(c) burn the house.
(d) avenge his father's death.
3. What kind of footwear is John Wesley wearing in the store?
4. What movement is in effect in America at this point in time?
(a) Civil Rights.
(b) Anti-war demonstrations.
(d) Women's suffrage.
5. What had John Wesley bought from a storekeep some time ago?
(a) Animal traps.
(c) Tire iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Sylder and June question Jack the Runner?
2. Who is the old acquaintance that Marion sees at the bar?
3. What kind of car did Sylder crash?
4. Who are the inhabitants of the truck?
5. Who do Sylder and June question at the Green Fly Inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McCarthy wait until this point in the story to reveal the orchard keeper's formal name?
2. What information does John Wesley give to Gifford and what does Sylder say about it?
3. How does Sylder recall losing part of his toe in the war?
4. What is the whiskey running process in place in the area and what is Sylder's role in it?
5. What does Sylder do after he is fired from his job?
6. Why does Gifford focus his question about Ownby on a storekeep named Huffaker?
7. What happens to Sylder after the flat tire is fixed?
8. What is life like now for Kenneth Rattner's widow and son, John Wesley, since Rattner is dead?
9. Why is the old man afraid of cats and what extreme measures has he taken to keep them at bay?
10. What are John Wesley and Warn's speculation on what had happened to the mink?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)