|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Warn say the mink is probably worth now that it is mangled?
(b) One dollar.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) Five dollars.
2. How many police officers is Ownby accused of shooting?
3. What kind of animal do the boys hope to trap for its value?
4. What kind of animal do John Wesley and Warn speculate must have mauled the mink?
5. Whose hideout is in a cave?
(a) John Wesley's.
(c) The orchard keeper.
6. What does the orchard keeper notice about the peach pit when he visits it?
(a) It is paved over.
(b) It is smoldering.
(c) It is covered over with dirt.
(d) It is vacant.
7. What type of animal has been asleep in Ownby's outhouse?
8. What animals is the wildcat prowling for at the beginning of this section?
9. Which policeman has threatened John Wesley?
10. How did Sylder lose part of his toe?
(a) An anchor dropped on it.
(b) He got gangrene.
(c) A piano fell on it.
(d) A bullet grazed it.
11. Where does the large cat go after it lunges at Mrs. Rattner?
(a) Back to the outhouse.
(b) Off toward the woods.
(c) In search of food.
(d) Toward Uncle Ather's house.
12. How does John Wesley manage to get into the jail to see Sylder?
(a) He offers up evidence to the cops.
(b) He claims to be his nephew.
(c) He claims to be his son.
(d) He breaks in during the night.
13. How old was Mildred Rattner when she died?
14. How much money does John Wesley give to Sylder?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Two dollars.
15. To whose shop do the boys take the captured skunk?
(a) Mr. Eller's.
(b) Mr. Evans'.
(c) Mr. Edwards'.
(d) Mr. Ellis'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle Ather tells the boys about a time when he caught a _______________.
2. What does John Wesley try to recover from the courthouse?
3. Where is Ownby heading when he leaves his house from the back door?
4. Why does Sylder feel a strong sense of doom as he tries to fall asleep?
5. What dead animal does the large cat find?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)