|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up Ownby when he is spotted walking with his dog?
(b) The police.
(c) Mildred Rattner.
(d) Two men in a car.
2. Where is Ownby heading when he leaves his house from the back door?
3. What do the two men do with Ownby after they pick him up?
(a) Take him to a hotel.
(b) Take him to the police station.
(c) Take him to a cabin for breakfast.
(d) Take him to a soup kitchen.
4. How often does Gifford return to the store to question Huffaker about Ownby?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every couple of hours.
(d) Every day.
5. With what other offense could John Wesley be charged?
(c) Aiding a criminal.
6. Where does John Wesley go to visit Sylder?
7. What is the widow Rattner's first name?
8. What does Sylder's wife wonder about her husband when he returns from his drop-off?
(a) Why he is laughing.
(b) Why he has lipstick on his cheek.
(c) Why his shoes are muddy.
(d) Why his coat is wet.
9. What do the boys do in the cave?
(a) Clean their guns.
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Look at pictures of nude women.
10. What offense was John Wesley told he had committed?
(a) Fishing without a license.
(b) No dog tags on his dog.
(c) Trapping without a license.
(d) Driving without a license.
11. What is Uncle Ather's job?
(c) Orchard keeper.
12. How long does it take for Ownby to show up at the store and for Gifford to arrest him?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) About a month.
(c) About a week.
(d) One day.
13. What does Ownby want to bring with him when he is arrested?
(a) His knife.
(b) His rifle.
(c) His moonshine jug.
(d) His dog, Scout.
14. What has happened to the corpse in the peach pit?
(a) It is still intact.
(b) It has been reduced to ashes.
(c) It is gone.
(d) It is partially decayed.
15. Which of the following boys does John Wesley encounter?
(b) Warn Pulliam.
(c) All of these.
(d) Johnny Romines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the jail to provide some assistance to Ownby?
2. Which of the following describes Ownby's demeanor while being questioned by the welfare agent?
3. What does John Wesley find in his trap the next day?
4. How did Sylder lose part of his toe?
5. What does John Wesley tell Sylder about his traps?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)