|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following boys does John Wesley encounter?
(b) Warn Pulliam.
(c) Johnny Romines.
(d) All of these.
2. How much money does John Wesley give to Sylder?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Two dollars.
3. The orchard keeper feels a combination of anguish and ___________ about the dead man.
4. What dead animal does the large cat find?
5. What does Sylder tell John Wesley that Gifford will never do?
(a) Find Sylder's house.
(b) Arrest a fourteen-year-old boy.
(c) Find Sylder's pick-up points.
(d) Trace the wrecked car to Sylder.
6. What is the name of Ownby's dog?
7. What offense was John Wesley told he had committed?
(a) Trapping without a license.
(b) Driving without a license.
(c) No dog tags on his dog.
(d) Fishing without a license.
8. How could the charges against John Wesley be dropped?
(a) If he would give information about Sylder.
(b) If he paid off the cops.
(c) They can't be dropped.
(d) If he got a good attorney.
9. How often does Gifford return to the store to question Huffaker about Ownby?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every couple of hours.
10. What does John Wesley say about Sylder?
(a) He gave the cops the bootleg pick-up points.
(b) He gave the cops Sylder's address.
(c) He did not help any criminal.
(d) He showed the cops the moonshine still.
11. Who is the storekeep that Gifford questions about Ownby?
12. What is the orchard keeper's name?
(a) Uncle Ather.
(b) Uncle Remus.
(c) Uncle Amos.
(d) Uncle Tom.
13. Where is Ownby sent after being released from jail?
(a) His sister's home.
(b) A medical hospital.
(d) A mental asylum.
14. What do the police choose not to reveal to Mildred Rattner about her husband?
(a) That he had another family in another state.
(b) That he was having an affair.
(c) That he committed suicide.
(d) That he was wanted in three states.
15. What does Sylder tell John Wesley about Gifford?
(a) He is an idiot.
(b) He was bluffing John Wesley.
(c) He will be back to arrest them.
(d) He is a very dangerous man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Wesley bring to Ownby in the mental asylum?
2. What kind of animal do the boys have trapped in a cave?
3. Where does Sylder's car die while on his whiskey run?
4. What do the boys do in the cave?
5. To whom does John Wesley show the mangled mink?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)