|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Wesley promise to take care of for Ownby?
(a) His still.
(b) His orchard.
(c) His house.
2. What offense was John Wesley told he had committed?
(a) Trapping without a license.
(b) No dog tags on his dog.
(c) Fishing without a license.
(d) Driving without a license.
3. How could John Wesley be charged with aiding a criminal?
(a) He gave a gun to a fugitive.
(b) He gave money to an accused murderer.
(c) The man he helped was a bootlegger.
(d) He hid out a fugitive.
4. Who picks up Ownby when he is spotted walking with his dog?
(a) Two men in a car.
(b) Mildred Rattner.
(c) The police.
5. What is the widow Rattner's first name?
6. Where does the orchard keeper drag some trees?
(a) To the lumberyard.
(b) To the back of his house.
(c) To the peach pit where Rattner's body was dumped.
(d) To his moonshine still.
7. How did Sylder lose part of his toe?
(a) A bullet grazed it.
(b) An anchor dropped on it.
(c) A piano fell on it.
(d) He got gangrene.
8. To whose shop do the boys take the captured skunk?
(a) Mr. Evans'.
(b) Mr. Ellis'.
(c) Mr. Edwards'.
(d) Mr. Eller's.
9. How many prior convictions does Sylder say he has had when questioned by the desk sergeant?
10. How much money does John Wesley leave for the chickenhawk even though he could not get the corpse?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Twenty-five cents.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) One dollar.
11. How much does Warn say the mink is probably worth now that it is mangled?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Fifty cents.
(d) Five dollars.
12. Who hears the wildcat's final death scream?
(a) John Wesley.
(d) Mr. Eller.
13. Where does the large cat find refuge from the rain?
(a) Widow Rattner's barn.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) An old shed.
(d) An abandoned school.
14. What does Ownby want to bring with him when he is arrested?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His moonshine jug.
(c) His dog, Scout.
(d) His knife.
15. Who does Sylder punch in the face while the man is sleeping?
(a) Uncle Ather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Wesley go to visit Sylder?
2. What animals is the wildcat prowling for at the beginning of this section?
3. Ownby states that the older he gets, _____________________.
4. How much money does John Wesley give to Sylder?
5. What kind of animal do the boys hope to trap for its value?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)