|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sylder tell John Wesley about Gifford?
(a) He is an idiot.
(b) He will be back to arrest them.
(c) He was bluffing John Wesley.
(d) He is a very dangerous man.
2. Who arrives at the jail to provide some assistance to Ownby?
(a) Officer Gifford.
(b) A welfare department agent.
(c) Mildred Rattner.
(d) John Wesley.
3. What does John Wesley find in his trap the next day?
4. Who does Sylder punch in the face while the man is sleeping?
(a) Uncle Ather.
5. How could John Wesley be charged with aiding a criminal?
(a) He gave money to an accused murderer.
(b) The man he helped was a bootlegger.
(c) He hid out a fugitive.
(d) He gave a gun to a fugitive.
6. What type of animal has been asleep in Ownby's outhouse?
7. Where does Ownby position himself to get off good shots at the officers?
(a) Behind a chair.
(b) In a shed.
(c) Behind a tractor.
(d) Under his stove.
8. How much money does John Wesley leave for the chickenhawk even though he could not get the corpse?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Twenty-five cents.
9. How old was Mildred Rattner when she died?
10. What kind of animal do John Wesley and Warn speculate must have mauled the mink?
11. To whose shop do the boys take the captured skunk?
(a) Mr. Eller's.
(b) Mr. Evans'.
(c) Mr. Ellis'.
(d) Mr. Edwards'.
12. What does Sylder's wife wonder about her husband when he returns from his drop-off?
(a) Why he has lipstick on his cheek.
(b) Why his coat is wet.
(c) Why his shoes are muddy.
(d) Why he is laughing.
13. How much does Warn say the mink is probably worth now that it is mangled?
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One dollar.
14. Who hears the wildcat's final death scream?
(b) John Wesley.
(c) Mr. Eller.
15. How many police officers is Ownby accused of shooting?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose house do the boys go to talk about the skunk?
2. What does Sylder tell John Wesley that Gifford will never do?
3. What is Sylder's destination as he drives tonight?
4. In the war, Sylder lost part of his __________.
5. Where does the large cat find refuge from the rain?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)