|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John Wesley go to visit Sylder?
2. What does Sylder secretly think after John Wesley leaves?
(a) He wonders if his wife will bring lunch.
(b) He wants to repent.
(c) He hopes Gifford gets what he deserves.
(d) He is anxious to get back to his whiskey runs.
3. How much is a mink worth?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 25 dollars.
(c) 10 dollars.
(d) 5 dollars.
4. To whose house do the boys go to talk about the skunk?
(a) Widow Rennart's.
(b) Uncle Ather's.
(d) Mr. Wren's.
5. What type of animal has been asleep in Ownby's outhouse?
6. How often does Gifford return to the store to question Huffaker about Ownby?
(a) Every couple of hours.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every day.
7. Why does Gifford want to see Sylder?
(a) To beat him up for socking him on the jaw.
(b) To release him.
(c) To read him his rights.
(d) To get a confession out of him.
8. What offense was John Wesley told he had committed?
(a) Driving without a license.
(b) Trapping without a license.
(c) Fishing without a license.
(d) No dog tags on his dog.
9. What does John Wesley tell Sylder about his traps?
(a) They have been confiscated.
(b) He sold them.
(c) They are really producing.
(d) He bought more.
10. What does Sylder tell John Wesley about Gifford?
(a) He will be back to arrest them.
(b) He was bluffing John Wesley.
(c) He is a very dangerous man.
(d) He is an idiot.
11. What is the widow Rattner's first name?
12. What does the orchard keeper do as he drifts into thought?
(a) Shines his boots.
(b) Flips through a magazine.
(c) Cooks breakfast.
(d) Cleans his gun.
13. What does John Wesley find in his trap the next day?
14. Where does Ownby position himself to get off good shots at the officers?
(a) Under his stove.
(b) Behind a tractor.
(c) In a shed.
(d) Behind a chair.
15. How much money does John Wesley give to Sylder?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Fifty cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Ownby to show up at the store and for Gifford to arrest him?
2. What does Ownby want to bring with him when he is arrested?
3. What is Uncle Ather's real name?
4. What does John Wesley bring to Ownby in the mental asylum?
5. What animals is the wildcat prowling for at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)