Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the jail to provide some assistance to Ownby?
(a) Mildred Rattner.
(b) A welfare department agent.
(c) Officer Gifford.
(d) John Wesley.
2. What was Sylder's position in the armed forces?
3. Sylder is told that _____________ wants to see him.
(d) John Wesley.
4. What does Sylder secretly think after John Wesley leaves?
(a) He wonders if his wife will bring lunch.
(b) He wants to repent.
(c) He is anxious to get back to his whiskey runs.
(d) He hopes Gifford gets what he deserves.
5. With what other offense could John Wesley be charged?
(b) Aiding a criminal.
6. What does the orchard keeper do as he drifts into thought?
(a) Cleans his gun.
(b) Cooks breakfast.
(c) Shines his boots.
(d) Flips through a magazine.
7. Where is Ownby sent after being released from jail?
(a) His sister's home.
(b) A mental asylum.
(c) A medical hospital.
8. What kind of animal do the boys have trapped in a cave?
9. Ownby tells John Wesley that there are some things that a person just has to do, because unless he does them he will have no _____________.
10. What does John Wesley try to recover from the courthouse?
(a) His father's death certificate.
(b) The chickenhawk's corpse.
(c) Ownby's gun.
(d) Sylder's wallet.
11. Why is Ownby going to be arrested?
(a) For murder.
(b) For gun smuggling.
(c) For defacing the government tank.
(d) For bootlegging.
12. What does Ownby want to bring with him when he is arrested?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His dog, Scout.
(c) His knife.
(d) His moonshine jug.
13. How many prior convictions does Sylder say he has had when questioned by the desk sergeant?
14. What kind of animal do John Wesley and Warn speculate must have mauled the mink?
15. Where does the orchard keeper drag some trees?
(a) To his moonshine still.
(b) To the lumberyard.
(c) To the peach pit where Rattner's body was dumped.
(d) To the back of his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What extreme weather is Ownby navigating at the beginning of this section?
2. How much is a mink worth?
3. Which policeman has threatened John Wesley?
4. Why does Sylder feel a strong sense of doom as he tries to fall asleep?
5. What dead animal does the large cat find?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)