|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Wesley tell Sylder about his traps?
(a) They have been confiscated.
(b) They are really producing.
(c) He bought more.
(d) He sold them.
2. Ownby states that the older he gets, _____________________.
(a) the fewer things there are that he wants to do.
(b) the worse his hearing gets.
(c) the more memory he loses.
(d) the worse his eyesight gets.
3. How does John Wesley manage to get into the jail to see Sylder?
(a) He breaks in during the night.
(b) He offers up evidence to the cops.
(c) He claims to be his son.
(d) He claims to be his nephew.
4. How much money does John Wesley give to Sylder?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) Twenty dollars.
5. What extreme weather is Ownby navigating at the beginning of this section?
(d) Torrential rain.
6. Who picks up Ownby when he is spotted walking with his dog?
(a) Mildred Rattner.
(c) Two men in a car.
(d) The police.
7. What type of animal devours the wildcat?
8. What does Sylder secretly think after John Wesley leaves?
(a) He is anxious to get back to his whiskey runs.
(b) He wants to repent.
(c) He hopes Gifford gets what he deserves.
(d) He wonders if his wife will bring lunch.
9. To whose shop do the boys take the captured skunk?
(a) Mr. Ellis'.
(b) Mr. Eller's.
(c) Mr. Evans'.
(d) Mr. Edwards'.
10. Whose hideout is in a cave?
(b) John Wesley's.
(d) The orchard keeper.
11. Who does Sylder punch in the face while the man is sleeping?
(b) Uncle Ather.
12. Which policeman has threatened John Wesley?
13. How often does Gifford return to the store to question Huffaker about Ownby?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every couple of hours.
(d) Once a month.
14. How much does Warn say the mink is probably worth now that it is mangled?
(a) Five dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Fifty cents.
15. Why does Gifford want to see Sylder?
(a) To read him his rights.
(b) To release him.
(c) To beat him up for socking him on the jaw.
(d) To get a confession out of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sylder is told that _____________ wants to see him.
2. Where does Wylder get gas before going on another whiskey run?
3. What does Sylder tell John Wesley about Gifford?
4. Who hears the wildcat's final death scream?
5. What does John Wesley promise to take care of for Ownby?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)