|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Gifford return to the store to question Huffaker about Ownby?
(a) Every couple of hours.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a week.
2. How many prior convictions does Sylder say he has had when questioned by the desk sergeant?
3. Where does Wylder get gas before going on another whiskey run?
(a) Mr. Bevins' shop.
(c) The Moto Stop Shop.
(d) Mr. Eller's shop.
4. How long does it take for Ownby to show up at the store and for Gifford to arrest him?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) About a week.
(c) About a month.
(d) One day.
5. Which policeman has threatened John Wesley?
6. What is the name of Ownby's dog?
7. How much money does John Wesley leave for the chickenhawk even though he could not get the corpse?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Twenty-five cents.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) One dollar.
8. Why do Gifford and some other policemen arrive at Ownby's house?
(a) To take him to a funeral.
(b) To arrest him.
(c) To see if he needs anything.
(d) To question him.
9. Who is the storekeep that Gifford questions about Ownby?
10. What is the orchard keeper's name?
(a) Uncle Amos.
(b) Uncle Ather.
(c) Uncle Remus.
(d) Uncle Tom.
11. Where is Ownby sent after being released from jail?
(a) A medical hospital.
(b) A mental asylum.
(d) His sister's home.
12. What does Sylder say when John Wesley offers to make Gifford pay for what he did to Sylder?
(a) He wants John Wesley to stay out of it.
(b) He doesn't want John Wesley to get in any trouble.
(c) All of these.
(d) It could mean more trouble for him if John Wesley did anything to Gifford.
13. Where does John Wesley go to visit Sylder?
14. What is Sylder's destination as he drives tonight?
(a) The police station to turn himself in.
(b) A house to drop off whiskey.
(c) A hotel to meet his mistress.
(d) A bar to meet his friends.
15. To whose shop do the boys take the captured skunk?
(a) Mr. Eller's.
(b) Mr. Ellis'.
(c) Mr. Edwards'.
(d) Mr. Evans'.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does John Wesley give to Sylder?
2. Who hears the wildcat's final death scream?
3. Where does the orchard keeper drag some trees?
4. Why does Gifford want to see Sylder?
5. What does the orchard keeper do as he drifts into thought?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)