|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ownby going to be arrested?
(a) For bootlegging.
(b) For murder.
(c) For gun smuggling.
(d) For defacing the government tank.
2. What is Sylder's destination as he drives tonight?
(a) The police station to turn himself in.
(b) A hotel to meet his mistress.
(c) A bar to meet his friends.
(d) A house to drop off whiskey.
3. What offense was John Wesley told he had committed?
(a) Trapping without a license.
(b) No dog tags on his dog.
(c) Fishing without a license.
(d) Driving without a license.
4. To whose shop do the boys take the captured skunk?
(a) Mr. Evans'.
(b) Mr. Ellis'.
(c) Mr. Edwards'.
(d) Mr. Eller's.
5. The orchard keeper feels a combination of anguish and ___________ about the dead man.
6. What does John Wesley find in his trap the next day?
7. Where is Ownby heading when he leaves his house from the back door?
8. Whose hideout is in a cave?
(a) John Wesley's.
(b) The orchard keeper.
9. What does the orchard keeper do as he drifts into thought?
(a) Cooks breakfast.
(b) Cleans his gun.
(c) Flips through a magazine.
(d) Shines his boots.
10. What has happened to the corpse in the peach pit?
(a) It is gone.
(b) It is still intact.
(c) It is partially decayed.
(d) It has been reduced to ashes.
11. Who is the storekeep that Gifford questions about Ownby?
12. What does Sylder tell John Wesley that Gifford will never do?
(a) Find Sylder's house.
(b) Arrest a fourteen-year-old boy.
(c) Find Sylder's pick-up points.
(d) Trace the wrecked car to Sylder.
13. What does the orchard keeper see in the snowy landscape?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A fox.
(c) A cardinal.
(d) A pair of hunters.
14. What does John Wesley tell Sylder about his traps?
(a) They have been confiscated.
(b) He sold them.
(c) He bought more.
(d) They are really producing.
15. Sylder is told that _____________ wants to see him.
(b) John Wesley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Ownby when he is spotted walking with his dog?
2. How much money does John Wesley leave for the chickenhawk even though he could not get the corpse?
3. How much does Warn say the mink is probably worth now that it is mangled?
4. What animals is the wildcat prowling for at the beginning of this section?
5. Who arrives at the jail to provide some assistance to Ownby?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)