|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the orchard keeper see in the snowy landscape?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A pair of hunters.
(c) A fox.
(d) A cardinal.
2. What kind of animal do the boys hope to trap for its value?
3. Sylder is told that _____________ wants to see him.
(a) John Wesley.
4. Uncle Ather tells the boys about a time when he caught a _______________.
(d) panther kitten.
5. Where is Ownby sent after being released from jail?
(a) A medical hospital.
(b) A mental asylum.
(d) His sister's home.
6. Which of the following describes Ownby's demeanor while being questioned by the welfare agent?
(d) All of these.
7. Which of the following boys does John Wesley encounter?
(a) All of these.
(c) Johnny Romines.
(d) Warn Pulliam.
8. Ownby states that the older he gets, _____________________.
(a) the worse his hearing gets.
(b) the worse his eyesight gets.
(c) the more memory he loses.
(d) the fewer things there are that he wants to do.
9. Where does the orchard keeper drag some trees?
(a) To the lumberyard.
(b) To the back of his house.
(c) To the peach pit where Rattner's body was dumped.
(d) To his moonshine still.
10. Which policeman has threatened John Wesley?
11. Who arrives at the jail to provide some assistance to Ownby?
(a) John Wesley.
(b) A welfare department agent.
(c) Mildred Rattner.
(d) Officer Gifford.
12. How much prison time does Sylder get for running whiskey?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
13. With what other offense could John Wesley be charged?
(b) Aiding a criminal.
14. What is Uncle Ather's real name?
(a) Arthur Ogilvy.
(b) Arthur Ownby.
(c) Arthur Owens.
(d) Arthur Oglesby.
15. Huffaker tells Gifford that Ownby comes to the store __________________.
(b) every day.
(c) once a year.
(d) almost every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Warn say the mink would have been worth had it not been mangled?
2. What kind of animal do the boys have trapped in a cave?
3. What was Sylder's position in the armed forces?
4. What does John Wesley try to recover from the courthouse?
5. How many prior convictions does Sylder say he has had when questioned by the desk sergeant?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)