|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the widow Rattner's first name?
2. What does Sylder say when John Wesley offers to make Gifford pay for what he did to Sylder?
(a) He wants John Wesley to stay out of it.
(b) He doesn't want John Wesley to get in any trouble.
(c) All of these.
(d) It could mean more trouble for him if John Wesley did anything to Gifford.
3. Where is Ownby sent after being released from jail?
(a) His sister's home.
(c) A mental asylum.
(d) A medical hospital.
4. Where does Ownby position himself to get off good shots at the officers?
(a) Under his stove.
(b) Behind a tractor.
(c) Behind a chair.
(d) In a shed.
5. What kind of animal do John Wesley and Warn speculate must have mauled the mink?
6. What does Ownby want to bring with him when he is arrested?
(a) His dog, Scout.
(b) His rifle.
(c) His knife.
(d) His moonshine jug.
7. What does the orchard keeper see in the snowy landscape?
(a) A fox.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A pair of hunters.
(d) A cardinal.
8. The orchard keeper feels a combination of anguish and ___________ about the dead man.
9. Ownby tells John Wesley that there are some things that a person just has to do, because unless he does them he will have no _____________.
10. How much does Warn say the mink would have been worth had it not been mangled?
(a) Fifteen dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
11. How much is a mink worth?
(a) 25 dollars.
(b) 5 dollars.
(c) 10 dollars.
(d) 100 dollars.
12. Sylder is told that _____________ wants to see him.
(b) John Wesley.
13. Who is the storekeep that Gifford questions about Ownby?
14. What dead animal does the large cat find?
15. What do the two men do with Ownby after they pick him up?
(a) Take him to a hotel.
(b) Take him to a soup kitchen.
(c) Take him to the police station.
(d) Take him to a cabin for breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys do in the cave?
2. How many police officers is Ownby accused of shooting?
3. What is Sylder's destination as he drives tonight?
4. How does John Wesley manage to get into the jail to see Sylder?
5. How much does Warn say the mink is probably worth now that it is mangled?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)