|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could the charges against John Wesley be dropped?
(a) They can't be dropped.
(b) If he got a good attorney.
(c) If he paid off the cops.
(d) If he would give information about Sylder.
2. How many police officers is Ownby accused of shooting?
3. Where does Sylder's car die while on his whiskey run?
(a) On the bridge.
(b) In front of the police station.
(c) On the interstate.
(d) On a muddy road.
4. What does John Wesley tell Sylder about his traps?
(a) They are really producing.
(b) He bought more.
(c) He sold them.
(d) They have been confiscated.
5. Where does the large cat go after it lunges at Mrs. Rattner?
(a) Off toward the woods.
(b) In search of food.
(c) Toward Uncle Ather's house.
(d) Back to the outhouse.
6. Where is Ownby heading when he leaves his house from the back door?
7. Who does Sylder punch in the face while the man is sleeping?
(a) Uncle Ather.
8. What does John Wesley find in his trap the next day?
9. What type of animal devours the wildcat?
10. Which of the following describes Ownby's demeanor while being questioned by the welfare agent?
(a) All of these.
11. How does John Wesley manage to get into the jail to see Sylder?
(a) He breaks in during the night.
(b) He claims to be his nephew.
(c) He claims to be his son.
(d) He offers up evidence to the cops.
12. Which of the following boys does John Wesley encounter?
(a) All of these.
(b) Warn Pulliam.
(c) Johnny Romines.
13. To whom does John Wesley show the mangled mink?
14. How could John Wesley be charged with aiding a criminal?
(a) He gave money to an accused murderer.
(b) The man he helped was a bootlegger.
(c) He gave a gun to a fugitive.
(d) He hid out a fugitive.
15. What do the two men do with Ownby after they pick him up?
(a) Take him to a soup kitchen.
(b) Take him to a hotel.
(c) Take him to the police station.
(d) Take him to a cabin for breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals did the panther kitten's mother kill?
2. Where does Ownby position himself to get off good shots at the officers?
3. Ownby states that the older he gets, _____________________.
4. How much money does John Wesley leave for the chickenhawk even though he could not get the corpse?
5. Why does Gifford want to see Sylder?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)