|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the war, Sylder lost part of his __________.
2. What is the name of Ownby's dog?
3. What about Sylder's appearance shocks John Wesley?
(a) His clothes are all torn to shreds.
(b) He has big, dark circles under his eyes.
(c) He hasn't shaved in days.
(d) He is badly beaten.
4. What is Sylder's destination as he drives tonight?
(a) A hotel to meet his mistress.
(b) A house to drop off whiskey.
(c) A bar to meet his friends.
(d) The police station to turn himself in.
5. Which is true of the orchard keeper's environment when he awakens?
(a) Nothing is stirring.
(b) It has snowed.
(c) All of these.
(d) Everything is quiet.
6. What is the widow Rattner's first name?
7. What is the orchard keeper's name?
(a) Uncle Remus.
(b) Uncle Ather.
(c) Uncle Amos.
(d) Uncle Tom.
8. What does John Wesley say about Sylder?
(a) He showed the cops the moonshine still.
(b) He gave the cops Sylder's address.
(c) He gave the cops the bootleg pick-up points.
(d) He did not help any criminal.
9. Who picks up Ownby when he is spotted walking with his dog?
(a) The police.
(c) Mildred Rattner.
(d) Two men in a car.
10. What does John Wesley find in his trap the next day?
11. How did Sylder lose part of his toe?
(a) A bullet grazed it.
(b) He got gangrene.
(c) An anchor dropped on it.
(d) A piano fell on it.
12. In what branch of the armed forces did Sylder serve?
(a) Air Force.
13. Which of the following describes Ownby's demeanor while being questioned by the welfare agent?
(a) All of these.
14. What type of animal devours the wildcat?
15. What does the orchard keeper see in the snowy landscape?
(a) A fox.
(b) A cardinal.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A pair of hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two men do with Ownby after they pick him up?
2. Who hears the wildcat's final death scream?
3. Who is the storekeep that Gifford questions about Ownby?
4. What dead animal does the large cat find?
5. How much does Warn say the mink is probably worth now that it is mangled?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)