|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many prior convictions does Sylder say he has had when questioned by the desk sergeant?
2. Which of the following boys does John Wesley encounter?
(b) All of these.
(c) Warn Pulliam.
(d) Johnny Romines.
3. What kind of animal do the boys hope to trap for its value?
4. What does John Wesley try to recover from the courthouse?
(a) Ownby's gun.
(b) His father's death certificate.
(c) The chickenhawk's corpse.
(d) Sylder's wallet.
5. For what was John Wesley arrested?
(b) Aiding a criminal.
(d) He was not arrested.
6. Uncle Ather tells the boys about a time when he caught a _______________.
(c) panther kitten.
7. What do the two men do with Ownby after they pick him up?
(a) Take him to the police station.
(b) Take him to a cabin for breakfast.
(c) Take him to a hotel.
(d) Take him to a soup kitchen.
8. Where is Ownby heading when he leaves his house from the back door?
9. How much money does John Wesley leave for the chickenhawk even though he could not get the corpse?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Twenty-five cents.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Fifty cents.
10. What does Sylder tell John Wesley that Gifford will never do?
(a) Trace the wrecked car to Sylder.
(b) Arrest a fourteen-year-old boy.
(c) Find Sylder's house.
(d) Find Sylder's pick-up points.
11. What is Uncle Ather's job?
(b) Orchard keeper.
12. What about Sylder's appearance shocks John Wesley?
(a) His clothes are all torn to shreds.
(b) He hasn't shaved in days.
(c) He has big, dark circles under his eyes.
(d) He is badly beaten.
13. What type of animal devours the wildcat?
14. What is Uncle Ather's real name?
(a) Arthur Owens.
(b) Arthur Oglesby.
(c) Arthur Ownby.
(d) Arthur Ogilvy.
15. To whom does John Wesley show the mangled mink?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the orchard keeper's name?
2. What has happened to the corpse in the peach pit?
3. How long does it take for Ownby to show up at the store and for Gifford to arrest him?
4. What does Ownby want to bring with him when he is arrested?
5. What does Sylder say when John Wesley offers to make Gifford pay for what he did to Sylder?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)