|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offense was John Wesley told he had committed?
(a) No dog tags on his dog.
(b) Trapping without a license.
(c) Fishing without a license.
(d) Driving without a license.
2. What do the two men do with Ownby after they pick him up?
(a) Take him to a hotel.
(b) Take him to a cabin for breakfast.
(c) Take him to a soup kitchen.
(d) Take him to the police station.
3. Where does the orchard keeper drag some trees?
(a) To his moonshine still.
(b) To the peach pit where Rattner's body was dumped.
(c) To the lumberyard.
(d) To the back of his house.
4. What kind of animal do John Wesley and Warn speculate must have mauled the mink?
5. Ownby states that the older he gets, _____________________.
(a) the worse his hearing gets.
(b) the more memory he loses.
(c) the worse his eyesight gets.
(d) the fewer things there are that he wants to do.
6. Who hears the wildcat's final death scream?
(b) Mr. Eller.
(d) John Wesley.
7. How many police officers is Ownby accused of shooting?
8. What is Sylder's destination as he drives tonight?
(a) A house to drop off whiskey.
(b) A bar to meet his friends.
(c) The police station to turn himself in.
(d) A hotel to meet his mistress.
9. Who arrives at the jail to provide some assistance to Ownby?
(a) A welfare department agent.
(b) Officer Gifford.
(c) Mildred Rattner.
(d) John Wesley.
10. Who is the storekeep that Gifford questions about Ownby?
11. Huffaker tells Gifford that Ownby comes to the store __________________.
(a) once a year.
(b) almost every day.
(d) every day.
12. What do the police choose not to reveal to Mildred Rattner about her husband?
(a) That he committed suicide.
(b) That he had another family in another state.
(c) That he was having an affair.
(d) That he was wanted in three states.
13. How could the charges against John Wesley be dropped?
(a) They can't be dropped.
(b) If he would give information about Sylder.
(c) If he paid off the cops.
(d) If he got a good attorney.
14. What does Sylder tell John Wesley that Gifford will never do?
(a) Find Sylder's pick-up points.
(b) Trace the wrecked car to Sylder.
(c) Arrest a fourteen-year-old boy.
(d) Find Sylder's house.
15. How old was Mildred Rattner when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the war, Sylder lost part of his __________.
2. What does John Wesley say about Sylder?
3. What extreme weather is Ownby navigating at the beginning of this section?
4. To whose house do the boys go to talk about the skunk?
5. What does John Wesley bring to Ownby in the mental asylum?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)