|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the corpse in the peach pit?
(a) It is still intact.
(b) It is partially decayed.
(c) It is gone.
(d) It has been reduced to ashes.
2. What does John Wesley tell Sylder about his traps?
(a) They are really producing.
(b) He sold them.
(c) They have been confiscated.
(d) He bought more.
3. To whom does John Wesley show the mangled mink?
4. Who does Sylder punch in the face while the man is sleeping?
(b) Uncle Ather.
5. What about Sylder's appearance shocks John Wesley?
(a) He hasn't shaved in days.
(b) He has big, dark circles under his eyes.
(c) He is badly beaten.
(d) His clothes are all torn to shreds.
6. Why does Officer Legwater sift through the ashes in the peach pit?
(a) To find Ownby's knife.
(b) To find Ownby's still parts.
(c) To find Rattner's platinum plate.
(d) To find bullet casings.
7. What does John Wesley find in his trap the next day?
8. How old was Mildred Rattner when she died?
9. What does Sylder tell John Wesley that Gifford will never do?
(a) Arrest a fourteen-year-old boy.
(b) Find Sylder's pick-up points.
(c) Find Sylder's house.
(d) Trace the wrecked car to Sylder.
10. To whose shop do the boys take the captured skunk?
(a) Mr. Edwards'.
(b) Mr. Evans'.
(c) Mr. Eller's.
(d) Mr. Ellis'.
11. What do the boys do in the cave?
(a) Look at pictures of nude women.
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Clean their guns.
12. How many prior convictions does Sylder say he has had when questioned by the desk sergeant?
13. Where does the large cat find refuge from the rain?
(a) An abandoned school.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) Widow Rattner's barn.
(d) An old shed.
14. What does Sylder's wife wonder about her husband when he returns from his drop-off?
(a) Why his shoes are muddy.
(b) Why his coat is wet.
(c) Why he is laughing.
(d) Why he has lipstick on his cheek.
15. Why do Gifford and some other policemen arrive at Ownby's house?
(a) To see if he needs anything.
(b) To question him.
(c) To take him to a funeral.
(d) To arrest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many police officers is Ownby accused of shooting?
2. What does Sylder tell John Wesley about Gifford?
3. For what was John Wesley arrested?
4. What is the name of Ownby's dog?
5. How long does it take for Ownby to show up at the store and for Gifford to arrest him?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)