|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the girl injured while watching John Wesley fish?
(a) A jellyfish stings her.
(b) She falls out of a tree.
(c) She steps on a fish hook.
(d) A leech bites her.
2. What is the only thing John Wesley finds in his animal traps?
(a) A toad.
(b) A toenail.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A snake.
3. How does Sylder kill the man?
(a) Crushes his windpipe.
(b) Slits his throat.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Stabs him.
4. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
(a) Combs his hair.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Eats an apple.
(d) Chews gum.
5. What does Sylder do after the man and his son leave?
(a) Rolls the body into a creek.
(b) Puts the body in the truck.
(c) Drives away leaving the body on the road.
(d) Puts the body in a shallow grave.
6. Who do Sylder and June question at the Green Fly Inn?
(a) Jack the Runner.
(b) Jack the Rapist.
(c) Jack the Ripper.
(d) Jack the Idiot.
7. On what type of road is Sylder driving?
8. What is Kenneth's ultimate decision?
9. What happens as Sylder tries to elude the police?
(a) He rolls the car into a ditch.
(b) He careens off the road.
(c) He hits another car head on.
(d) He suddenly stops.
10. What had John Wesley bought from a storekeep some time ago?
(b) Animal traps.
(c) Tire iron.
11. What reason does Sylder give for the man being under the truck?
(a) He is checking an oil leak.
(b) He is changing the oil.
(c) He is tightening some bolts.
(d) He is fixing the muffler.
12. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 17 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 57 miles.
13. Where does the orchard keeper go late at night?
(b) The pit with Kenneth Rattner's body.
(c) The Blue Fly Inn.
(d) Green Valley Inn.
14. Where is Kenneth when he enters a bar?
(a) A tiny mountain town.
(b) Downtown Knoxville.
(c) Outside of Atlanta.
(d) The outskirts of Memphis.
15. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
(a) avenge his father's death.
(b) run away.
(c) burn the house.
(d) kill his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Kenneth Rattner's widow and son?
2. How old is Sylder at the beginning of this section?
3. What does the orchard keeper experience when he enters his house?
4. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
5. How many animal traps does John Wesley get for his dollar?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)