|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man pass by on his way home from the orchard?
(a) The pit where Sylder buried the dead body.
(b) A lake.
(c) An abandoned school.
(d) A church.
2. What does the orchard keeper do after he discharges his shotgun shells?
(a) Discards the spent shells.
(b) Opens the shotgun.
(c) Examines the shells.
(d) All of these.
3. Gifford and ___________ are two local cops who investigate Sylder's crash.
4. How does Sylder kill the man?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Slits his throat.
(d) Crushes his windpipe.
5. About what do Sylder and June question Jack the Runner?
(a) If he wants a job.
(b) What he's planting this year.
(c) Where he left some people.
(d) Where his car broke down.
6. What movement is in effect in America at this point in time?
(a) Women's suffrage.
(b) Civil Rights.
(c) Anti-war demonstrations.
7. Sylder believes that _____________ prowl around the mountain invisibly.
(c) wampus cats.
8. Who is Kenneth Rattner's son?
(a) John William.
(b) James Ashely.
(c) John Wesley.
(d) John Warner.
9. What is the name of the town where Marion Sylder was born?
(a) Red Fern.
(b) Red Branch.
(c) Red Vine.
(d) Red Bank.
10. How many animal traps does John Wesley get for his dollar?
11. What does Kenneth do at the gas station?
(a) Wanders the aisles.
(b) Gets directions.
(c) Changes a tire.
(d) Fills his car with gas.
12. Who are the inhabitants of the truck?
(a) A man and his son.
(b) A man and wife.
(c) Two men.
(d) A sheriff's deputy.
13. How much time has passed since the last section of the novel?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six days.
14. What kind of footwear is John Wesley wearing in the store?
15. Kenneth asks the storekeep for the distance to what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylder do every Saturday?
2. Where does the orchard keeper go late at night?
3. Sylder and John Wesley walk to the house of Sylder's friend, _____________.
4. What kind of car did Sylder crash?
5. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)