|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had originally shown Sylder the corpse in the pit?
(a) Two children.
(b) A deputy.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
2. What does the orchard keeper get out of a chest?
(a) A rifle.
(b) Shotgun shells.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A deed.
3. Where does Sylder arrive in the middle of the night?
(b) The middle of a woods.
(d) A lake resort.
4. What happens as Sylder tries to elude the police?
(a) He hits another car head on.
(b) He suddenly stops.
(c) He rolls the car into a ditch.
(d) He careens off the road.
5. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 17 miles.
(b) 57 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
6. Why is June's wife shocked to see Sylder and John Wesley?
(a) No one ever comes into this part of the woods.
(b) John Wesley is too young to be bootlegging.
(c) They are covered in blood.
(d) It is the middle of the night.
7. What does John Wesley take with him to check his traps?
8. Sylder and John Wesley walk to the house of Sylder's friend, _____________.
9. What kind of job did Sylder have?
10. Which of the following does John Wesley hear as he is searching for his traps?
(a) Cracking trees.
(b) All of these.
(c) An approaching car.
(d) Splashing water.
11. Why does Sylder vomit in the woods?
(a) He ate bad seafood for dinner.
(b) The odor of the decaying body.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He feels guilt for killing the man.
12. What kind of animal does John Wesley scare away while hunting?
13. What kind of car did Sylder crash?
(a) Crown Victoria.
14. What is the name of Sylder's dog?
15. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the old man that saw Sylder in the woods?
2. What is one of the major inconveniences of the Rattner house?
3. Kenneth asks the storekeep for the distance to what city?
4. With what does the man hit Sylder?
5. On what type of road is Sylder driving?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)