|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Sylder and June question Jack the Runner?
(a) If he wants a job.
(b) What he's planting this year.
(c) Where his car broke down.
(d) Where he left some people.
2. What do Sylder and June do when they find the two girls and a boy?
(a) Shoot them in the woods.
(b) Give them a ride to Knoxville.
(c) Rape them and leave them in a remote area.
(d) Give them bus fare to get home.
3. What kind of animal does John Wesley kill?
4. With what did Sylder cover up the corpse?
(a) A load of dirt.
(b) A cedar tree.
(c) A wooden plank.
(d) A mount of dead leaves.
5. Which of the following does John Wesley's mother tell him about his father?
(a) All of these.
(b) They would not be in this sad state if he were alive.
(c) He was a hard-working man.
(d) He was an honest man.
6. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
(a) burn the house.
(b) run away.
(c) avenge his father's death.
(d) kill his mother.
7. Where does the orchard keeper go late at night?
(a) Green Valley Inn.
(b) The Blue Fly Inn.
(c) The pit with Kenneth Rattner's body.
8. What type of fruit is the old man eating?
9. What does John Wesley do after his mother goes to sleep?
(a) Meets a girl in the meadow.
(b) Goes to the woods.
(c) Sneaks out to a bar.
(d) Goes to a gambling hall.
10. Where is Kenneth when he enters a bar?
(a) A tiny mountain town.
(b) Downtown Knoxville.
(c) The outskirts of Memphis.
(d) Outside of Atlanta.
11. Where do the policemen begin their investigation?
(a) A local store.
(b) A local church.
(c) Homes in the area.
(d) A diner.
12. What had John Wesley bought from a storekeep some time ago?
(b) Tire iron.
(d) Animal traps.
13. What is the only thing John Wesley finds in his animal traps?
(a) A toad.
(b) A snake.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A toenail.
14. What does Sylder do every Saturday?
(a) Does his banking.
(b) Goes to the feed store.
(c) Drives the highway looking for hitchhikers.
(d) Takes his wife out to dinner.
15. Who had originally shown Sylder the corpse in the pit?
(a) A deputy.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) Two children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job did Sylder have?
2. Who do Sylder and June question at the Green Fly Inn?
3. What does the man in the car ask Sylder to do?
4. Who are the inhabitants of the truck?
5. What frightens the orchard keeper in the woods?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)