|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did Sylder cover up the corpse?
(a) A cedar tree.
(b) A load of dirt.
(c) A wooden plank.
(d) A mount of dead leaves.
2. What does the man in the car ask Sylder to do?
(a) Buy him a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Give him a ride to Maryville.
(c) Take him to Atlanta.
(d) Loan him some money.
3. How much time has passed since the last section of the novel?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six days.
4. What item does Kenneth claim to need when asked by the storekeep?
(a) Chocolate bar.
(b) Nail file.
(d) Tire pump.
5. How old is Sylder at the beginning of this section?
6. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
(a) kill his mother.
(b) burn the house.
(c) run away.
(d) avenge his father's death.
7. Gifford and ___________ are two local cops who investigate Sylder's crash.
8. Who do Sylder and June question at the Green Fly Inn?
(a) Jack the Ripper.
(b) Jack the Idiot.
(c) Jack the Rapist.
(d) Jack the Runner.
9. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
(a) Marijuana farms.
(b) Illegal drug use.
(c) World War II.
10. Why does Sylder vomit in the woods?
(a) He feels guilt for killing the man.
(b) The odor of the decaying body.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He ate bad seafood for dinner.
11. What does the orchard keeper do after he discharges his shotgun shells?
(a) Opens the shotgun.
(b) Discards the spent shells.
(c) Examines the shells.
(d) All of these.
12. With what does the man hit Sylder?
(a) His fist.
(b) A chain.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A tire jack.
13. What kind of footwear is John Wesley wearing in the store?
14. Where does the orchard keeper go late at night?
(a) The Blue Fly Inn.
(b) The pit with Kenneth Rattner's body.
(d) Green Valley Inn.
15. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Motorcycle burn.
(c) A dog bite.
(d) Cut from barbed wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenneth do at the gas station?
2. What is the name of the town where Marion Sylder was born?
3. Sylder believes that _____________ prowl around the mountain invisibly.
4. What does the old man pass by on his way home from the orchard?
5. How were men killed at the Green Fly Inn?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)