|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Sylder's crash?
(a) His car is totalled.
(b) He is killed instantly.
(c) He drives away.
(d) He is severely wounded.
2. What does Sylder do every Saturday?
(a) Drives the highway looking for hitchhikers.
(b) Takes his wife out to dinner.
(c) Goes to the feed store.
(d) Does his banking.
3. What does the old man pass by on his way home from the orchard?
(a) The pit where Sylder buried the dead body.
(b) A church.
(c) A lake.
(d) An abandoned school.
4. What is the name of the bar which is tethered to a pine tree to keep it in place?
(a) Green Pine Inn.
(b) Come On Inn.
(c) Green Fly Inn.
(d) Pinetree Inn.
5. What was Sylder afraid of seeing outside his window at night?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A cat.
(d) A neighbor.
6. Why was Sylder fired from his job?
(a) Extreme absenteeism.
(c) Fight with a co-worker.
7. What does the man in the car ask Sylder to do?
(a) Buy him a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Loan him some money.
(c) Take him to Atlanta.
(d) Give him a ride to Maryville.
8. What does the orchard keeper do after he discharges his shotgun shells?
(a) All of these.
(b) Discards the spent shells.
(c) Examines the shells.
(d) Opens the shotgun.
9. Which of the following is true about Kenneth Rattner's widow and son?
(a) They do not pay taxes.
(b) They live in their house for free.
(c) All of these.
(d) They live a meager existence.
10. With what did Sylder cover up the corpse?
(a) A cedar tree.
(b) A wooden plank.
(c) A mount of dead leaves.
(d) A load of dirt.
11. What is one of the major inconveniences of the Rattner house?
(a) No indoor plumbing.
(b) No mail delivery.
(c) No air conditioning.
(d) Leaky roof.
12. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 57 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 17 miles.
13. Why does Sylder vomit in the woods?
(a) He ate bad seafood for dinner.
(b) The odor of the decaying body.
(c) He feels guilt for killing the man.
(d) He has the flu.
14. What is the name of Sylder's dog?
15. The town of Red Branch is in the ___________________ Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sylder sees the orchard keeper shooting ________________ in the side of a government tank.
2. How old is Sylder at the beginning of this section?
3. Who picks up the whiskey on the orchard keeper's property and takes it the rest of the way on its journey?
4. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
5. What kind of job did Sylder have?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)