|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Marion Sylder was born?
(a) Red Branch.
(b) Red Vine.
(c) Red Fern.
(d) Red Bank.
2. Sylder and John Wesley walk to the house of Sylder's friend, _____________.
3. With what does the man hit Sylder?
(a) His fist.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A tire jack.
(d) A chain.
4. What is the only thing John Wesley finds in his animal traps?
(a) A toad.
(b) A toenail.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A snake.
5. What does Sylder offer to give John Wesley?
(b) A gun.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A job.
6. What does Sylder do after he is fired?
(a) Goes to a bar and then drives.
(b) Calls his wife.
(c) Tries to commit suicide.
(d) Files for unemployment.
7. What is Kenneth Rattner doing as the novel begins?
(a) Reading a map.
(c) Playing checkers.
8. Which of the following does John Wesley hear as he is searching for his traps?
(a) An approaching car.
(b) All of these.
(c) Splashing water.
(d) Cracking trees.
9. What is the name of Sylder's dog?
10. How were men killed at the Green Fly Inn?
(a) There was a drive-by shooting.
(b) There was a knife fight.
(c) They were poisoned.
(d) The porch collapsed.
11. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
12. With whom does Sylder live?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) Two dogs.
(d) His daughter.
13. How much did John Wesley earn for the dead chickenhawk?
(a) Seventy-five cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) Twenty-five cents.
14. What does Sylder crash into when he careens off the road?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A house.
(c) A storefront.
(d) A huge tree.
15. The town of Red Branch is in the ___________________ Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what did Sylder cover up the corpse?
2. What does the orchard keeper do with a knife?
3. What kind of footwear is John Wesley wearing in the store?
4. Who is Kenneth Rattner's son?
5. What kind of animal does John Wesley scare away while hunting?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)