|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
2. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 57 miles.
(b) 17 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
3. How were men killed at the Green Fly Inn?
(a) There was a knife fight.
(b) The porch collapsed.
(c) There was a drive-by shooting.
(d) They were poisoned.
4. What kind of car did Sylder crash?
(d) Crown Victoria.
5. Where does Sylder dispose of the dead body?
(a) A mountain ravine.
(b) A lake.
(c) The woods.
(d) A riverbank.
6. What is the name of Sylder's dog?
7. How old is Sylder at the beginning of this section?
8. Sylder and John Wesley walk to the house of Sylder's friend, _____________.
9. How much time has passed since the last section of the novel?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six years.
10. Who are the inhabitants of the truck?
(a) A man and wife.
(b) A sheriff's deputy.
(c) A man and his son.
(d) Two men.
11. What is one of the major inconveniences of the Rattner house?
(a) No air conditioning.
(b) Leaky roof.
(c) No indoor plumbing.
(d) No mail delivery.
12. What does Kenneth do at the gas station?
(a) Gets directions.
(b) Fills his car with gas.
(c) Changes a tire.
(d) Wanders the aisles.
13. Who picks up the whiskey on the orchard keeper's property and takes it the rest of the way on its journey?
(a) The orchard keeper.
(b) Mrs. Rattner.
(d) John Wesley.
14. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
(a) A dog bite.
(b) Cut from barbed wire.
(c) Motorcycle burn.
(d) Gunshot wound.
15. What does the orchard keeper do after he discharges his shotgun shells?
(a) Examines the shells.
(b) All of these.
(c) Discards the spent shells.
(d) Opens the shotgun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Sylder tries to elude the police?
2. What does Sylder do with the dead body when he hears a truck coming?
3. What kind of job did Sylder have?
4. What happens to Sylder's car on the way to Maryville?
5. Where does Sylder arrive in the middle of the night?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)