|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
2. How were men killed at the Green Fly Inn?
(a) They were poisoned.
(b) There was a drive-by shooting.
(c) There was a knife fight.
(d) The porch collapsed.
3. What does Sylder do with the dead body when he hears a truck coming?
(a) Rolls it into a ravine.
(b) Sets it in the passenger seat.
(c) Puts it under the car.
(d) Puts it in the trunk.
4. What movement is in effect in America at this point in time?
(a) Civil Rights.
(b) Anti-war demonstrations.
(c) Women's suffrage.
5. What does Sylder do after he is fired?
(a) Calls his wife.
(b) Tries to commit suicide.
(c) Goes to a bar and then drives.
(d) Files for unemployment.
6. What reason does Sylder give for the man being under the truck?
(a) He is checking an oil leak.
(b) He is fixing the muffler.
(c) He is tightening some bolts.
(d) He is changing the oil.
7. What does Sylder do every Saturday?
(a) Takes his wife out to dinner.
(b) Does his banking.
(c) Drives the highway looking for hitchhikers.
(d) Goes to the feed store.
8. Why was Sylder fired from his job?
(b) Extreme absenteeism.
(d) Fight with a co-worker.
9. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
(a) A dog bite.
(b) Motorcycle burn.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Cut from barbed wire.
10. What is the name of the bar which is tethered to a pine tree to keep it in place?
(a) Come On Inn.
(b) Pinetree Inn.
(c) Green Pine Inn.
(d) Green Fly Inn.
11. Who are the inhabitants of the truck?
(a) A man and his son.
(b) A man and wife.
(c) A sheriff's deputy.
(d) Two men.
12. The town of Red Branch is in the ___________________ Mountains.
13. How much time has passed since the last section of the novel?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
14. Who picks up the whiskey on the orchard keeper's property and takes it the rest of the way on its journey?
(a) The orchard keeper.
(c) Mrs. Rattner.
(d) John Wesley.
15. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
(a) Marijuana farms.
(b) World War II.
(d) Illegal drug use.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylder do after he kills the man?
2. What is the name of Sylder's dog?
3. What does the orchard keeper experience when he enters his house?
4. What does the orchard keeper do with a knife?
5. What does the man in the car ask Sylder to do?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)