|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does John Wesley scare away while hunting?
2. With what does the man hit Sylder?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A chain.
(c) His fist.
(d) A tire jack.
3. Sylder has an irrational fear of what type of animal?
4. What does the orchard keeper do after he discharges his shotgun shells?
(a) Examines the shells.
(b) Discards the spent shells.
(c) Opens the shotgun.
(d) All of these.
5. How is the girl injured while watching John Wesley fish?
(a) A leech bites her.
(b) A jellyfish stings her.
(c) She falls out of a tree.
(d) She steps on a fish hook.
6. What does Sylder do with the dead body when he hears a truck coming?
(a) Rolls it into a ravine.
(b) Sets it in the passenger seat.
(c) Puts it in the trunk.
(d) Puts it under the car.
7. What is Kenneth's ultimate decision?
8. Sylder and John Wesley walk to the house of Sylder's friend, _____________.
9. What does Sylder do after he kills the man?
(b) Drives away.
(c) Falls unconscious.
(d) Runs away.
10. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
(a) Illegal drug use.
(b) World War II.
(c) Marijuana farms.
11. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
(a) burn the house.
(b) avenge his father's death.
(c) run away.
(d) kill his mother.
12. Who saw Sylder arrive at the woods?
(a) A man and his son.
(b) Two boys.
(c) An old man.
(d) Two hunters.
13. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 17 miles.
(b) 57 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
14. What frightens the orchard keeper in the woods?
(a) A lantern light coming closer.
(b) The click of a shotgun.
(d) A rustling noise coming from the pit.
15. What happens as Sylder tries to elude the police?
(a) He careens off the road.
(b) He rolls the car into a ditch.
(c) He hits another car head on.
(d) He suddenly stops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sylder vomit in the woods?
2. What does Kenneth do at the gas station?
3. What is one of the major inconveniences of the Rattner house?
4. With what did Sylder cover up the corpse?
5. Which of the following does John Wesley's mother tell him about his father?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)