|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the orchard keeper go late at night?
(a) The Blue Fly Inn.
(b) The pit with Kenneth Rattner's body.
(c) Green Valley Inn.
2. What kind of animal does John Wesley kill?
3. What happens to Sylder's car on the way to Maryville?
(a) It runs out of gas.
(b) A tire goes flat.
(c) The wipers won't work.
(d) The tailpipe falls off.
4. How much time has passed since the last section of the novel?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six years.
5. How is the girl injured while watching John Wesley fish?
(a) She steps on a fish hook.
(b) She falls out of a tree.
(c) A leech bites her.
(d) A jellyfish stings her.
6. What does the man in the car ask Sylder to do?
(a) Take him to Atlanta.
(b) Give him a ride to Maryville.
(c) Buy him a bottle of whiskey.
(d) Loan him some money.
7. What does Sylder do with the dead body when he hears a truck coming?
(a) Puts it in the trunk.
(b) Sets it in the passenger seat.
(c) Puts it under the car.
(d) Rolls it into a ravine.
8. Where is the old man that saw Sylder in the woods?
(a) In church.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In bed.
(d) In an orchard.
9. On what type of road is Sylder driving?
10. Who is Kenneth Rattner's son?
(a) John William.
(b) John Wesley.
(c) John Warner.
(d) James Ashely.
11. Why is Sylder driving so fast?
(a) He is running from the police.
(b) He has to get to the hospital.
(c) He is late for a meeting.
(d) He is an emergency responder.
12. What does Sylder offer to give John Wesley?
(a) A puppy.
(c) A gun.
(d) A job.
13. Sylder has an irrational fear of what type of animal?
14. What is the name of Sylder's dog?
15. Who is the old acquaintance that Marion sees at the bar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had John Wesley bought from a storekeep some time ago?
2. Who saw Sylder arrive at the woods?
3. What does Sylder do after the man and his son leave?
4. With what did Sylder cover up the corpse?
5. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)