|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the old man that saw Sylder in the woods?
(a) In bed.
(b) In church.
(c) In an orchard.
(d) In a hospital.
2. What is the result of Sylder's crash?
(a) He is killed instantly.
(b) He drives away.
(c) He is severely wounded.
(d) His car is totalled.
3. What does the orchard keeper do with a knife?
(a) Circumcises the shotgun shells.
(b) Whittles a pipe.
(c) Peels an apple.
(d) Stabs an intruder.
4. Why had Sylder once blasted his wall with a shotgun?
(a) His gun went off accidentally.
(b) He was tired of watching the TV and shot it.
(c) He thought he saw a robber.
(d) He thought a cat was sneaking up on him.
5. What does Sylder do with the dead body when he hears a truck coming?
(a) Rolls it into a ravine.
(b) Puts it in the trunk.
(c) Puts it under the car.
(d) Sets it in the passenger seat.
6. Which of the following is true about Kenneth Rattner's widow and son?
(a) All of these.
(b) They live in their house for free.
(c) They live a meager existence.
(d) They do not pay taxes.
7. What frightens the orchard keeper in the woods?
(a) The click of a shotgun.
(b) A lantern light coming closer.
(c) A rustling noise coming from the pit.
8. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 57 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 17 miles.
9. What item does Kenneth claim to need when asked by the storekeep?
(a) Nail file.
(b) Tire pump.
(c) Chocolate bar.
10. What is the name of Sylder's dog?
11. Where did Garland Hobie hid whiskey as a boolegger?
(a) Honeysuckle bushes.
(b) A mountain cave.
(d) Room behind false door.
12. Who saw Sylder arrive at the woods?
(a) An old man.
(b) Two hunters.
(c) Two boys.
(d) A man and his son.
13. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
(a) avenge his father's death.
(b) burn the house.
(c) run away.
(d) kill his mother.
14. Who picks up the whiskey on the orchard keeper's property and takes it the rest of the way on its journey?
(a) The orchard keeper.
(b) John Wesley.
(c) Mrs. Rattner.
15. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
(a) Cut from barbed wire.
(b) Motorcycle burn.
(c) A dog bite.
(d) Gunshot wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylder offer to give John Wesley?
2. How were men killed at the Green Fly Inn?
3. How old is Sylder at the beginning of this section?
4. What kind of footwear is John Wesley wearing in the store?
5. Which of the following does John Wesley hear as he is searching for his traps?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)