|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
(a) Chews gum.
(b) Combs his hair.
(c) Eats an apple.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
2. What does the orchard keeper get out of a chest?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A deed.
(c) Shotgun shells.
(d) A rifle.
3. What happens as Sylder tries to elude the police?
(a) He careens off the road.
(b) He hits another car head on.
(c) He suddenly stops.
(d) He rolls the car into a ditch.
4. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 57 miles.
5. What does John Wesley take with him to check his traps?
6. With whom does Sylder live?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Two dogs.
(d) His son.
7. What kind of animal does John Wesley kill?
8. Where do the policemen begin their investigation?
(a) Homes in the area.
(b) A local church.
(c) A local store.
(d) A diner.
9. Sylder has an irrational fear of what type of animal?
10. How much time has passed since the last section of the novel?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six days.
11. Sylder believes that _____________ prowl around the mountain invisibly.
(d) wampus cats.
12. What surprises Sylder when he gets to his car after leaving a bar?
(a) There is a man in his car.
(b) Obscenities are painted on his car.
(c) All his tires are flat.
(d) His windshield is smashed.
13. With what does the man hit Sylder?
(a) His fist.
(b) A chain.
(c) A tire jack.
(d) A tree branch.
14. How many animal traps does John Wesley get for his dollar?
15. What is Sylder doing as this section of the novel begins?
(a) Chopping wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Sylder arrive at the woods?
2. What does Sylder do after he is fired?
3. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
4. What was Sylder afraid of seeing outside his window at night?
5. Gifford and ___________ are two local cops who investigate Sylder's crash.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)