|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kenneth's ultimate decision?
2. How does Sylder kill the man?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Slits his throat.
(c) Crushes his windpipe.
(d) Stabs him.
3. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
(a) Combs his hair.
(b) Eats an apple.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Chews gum.
4. Gifford and ___________ are two local cops who investigate Sylder's crash.
5. What kind of animal does John Wesley kill?
6. What is the only thing John Wesley finds in his animal traps?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A toad.
(c) A toenail.
(d) A snake.
7. What does the orchard keeper experience when he enters his house?
(a) Someone has trashed the place.
(b) The fire is out of control.
(c) A stranger is sitting in his chair.
(d) He feels something move past him.
8. Who saw Sylder arrive at the woods?
(a) An old man.
(b) A man and his son.
(c) Two boys.
(d) Two hunters.
9. Who is driving the car that crashes in the woods?
(b) John Wesley.
(c) The orchard keeper.
(d) Kenneth Rattner.
10. What is the result of Sylder's crash?
(a) He drives away.
(b) He is severely wounded.
(c) He is killed instantly.
(d) His car is totalled.
11. Which of the following does John Wesley's mother tell him about his father?
(a) He was an honest man.
(b) They would not be in this sad state if he were alive.
(c) He was a hard-working man.
(d) All of these.
12. Why does Sylder vomit in the woods?
(a) He feels guilt for killing the man.
(b) He ate bad seafood for dinner.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) The odor of the decaying body.
13. What kind of job did Sylder have?
14. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
(a) Illegal drug use.
(b) Marijuana farms.
(c) World War II.
15. What does the old man pass by on his way home from the orchard?
(a) A church.
(b) An abandoned school.
(c) A lake.
(d) The pit where Sylder buried the dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the orchard keeper go late at night?
2. The town of Red Branch is in the ___________________ Mountains.
3. Why was Sylder fired from his job?
4. How old is Sylder at the beginning of this section?
5. What is Kenneth Rattner doing as the novel begins?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)