|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fruit is the old man eating?
2. How much did John Wesley earn for the dead chickenhawk?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Seventy-five cents.
(d) Twenty-five cents.
3. Why is June's wife shocked to see Sylder and John Wesley?
(a) They are covered in blood.
(b) John Wesley is too young to be bootlegging.
(c) No one ever comes into this part of the woods.
(d) It is the middle of the night.
4. What is the name of the town where Marion Sylder was born?
(a) Red Vine.
(b) Red Fern.
(c) Red Branch.
(d) Red Bank.
5. What happens to Sylder's car on the way to Maryville?
(a) The tailpipe falls off.
(b) The wipers won't work.
(c) It runs out of gas.
(d) A tire goes flat.
6. What does John Wesley take with him to check his traps?
7. What does Sylder crash into when he careens off the road?
(a) A storefront.
(b) A house.
(c) A huge tree.
(d) A gas station.
8. What does Sylder do every Saturday?
(a) Takes his wife out to dinner.
(b) Goes to the feed store.
(c) Drives the highway looking for hitchhikers.
(d) Does his banking.
9. What is the result of Sylder's crash?
(a) He is killed instantly.
(b) He drives away.
(c) He is severely wounded.
(d) His car is totalled.
10. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
(a) Combs his hair.
(b) Chews gum.
(c) Eats an apple.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
11. With what did Sylder cover up the corpse?
(a) A wooden plank.
(b) A load of dirt.
(c) A mount of dead leaves.
(d) A cedar tree.
12. Who saw Sylder arrive at the woods?
(a) An old man.
(b) Two hunters.
(c) Two boys.
(d) A man and his son.
13. Sylder sees the orchard keeper shooting ________________ in the side of a government tank.
(a) a swastika.
(b) a large "X".
(c) a cross.
(d) a cannon.
14. Where is Kenneth when he enters a bar?
(a) Outside of Atlanta.
(b) Downtown Knoxville.
(c) A tiny mountain town.
(d) The outskirts of Memphis.
15. What does Sylder do after he is fired?
(a) Tries to commit suicide.
(b) Goes to a bar and then drives.
(c) Calls his wife.
(d) Files for unemployment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the orchard keeper do after he discharges his shotgun shells?
2. Who had originally shown Sylder the corpse in the pit?
3. What kind of animal does John Wesley scare away while hunting?
4. Why does Sylder vomit in the woods?
5. Who are the inhabitants of the truck?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)