|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kenneth when he enters a bar?
(a) A tiny mountain town.
(b) The outskirts of Memphis.
(c) Outside of Atlanta.
(d) Downtown Knoxville.
2. What was Sylder afraid of seeing outside his window at night?
(a) A cat.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A stranger.
3. What do Sylder and June do when they find the two girls and a boy?
(a) Give them a ride to Knoxville.
(b) Shoot them in the woods.
(c) Rape them and leave them in a remote area.
(d) Give them bus fare to get home.
4. What item does Kenneth claim to need when asked by the storekeep?
(a) Chocolate bar.
(c) Nail file.
(d) Tire pump.
5. Where do the policemen begin their investigation?
(a) Homes in the area.
(b) A local store.
(c) A diner.
(d) A local church.
6. What does Sylder offer to give John Wesley?
(b) A puppy.
(c) A gun.
(d) A job.
7. Who is the old acquaintance that Marion sees at the bar?
8. What kind of car did Sylder crash?
(a) Crown Victoria.
9. Why does Sylder vomit in the woods?
(a) He ate bad seafood for dinner.
(b) He feels guilt for killing the man.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) The odor of the decaying body.
10. Why is June's wife shocked to see Sylder and John Wesley?
(a) They are covered in blood.
(b) No one ever comes into this part of the woods.
(c) It is the middle of the night.
(d) John Wesley is too young to be bootlegging.
11. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Chews gum.
(c) Combs his hair.
(d) Eats an apple.
12. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
13. What reason does Sylder give for the man being under the truck?
(a) He is fixing the muffler.
(b) He is changing the oil.
(c) He is tightening some bolts.
(d) He is checking an oil leak.
14. Who saw Sylder arrive at the woods?
(a) A man and his son.
(b) Two boys.
(c) An old man.
(d) Two hunters.
15. Where does Sylder dispose of the dead body?
(a) A mountain ravine.
(b) A riverbank.
(c) The woods.
(d) A lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the inhabitants of the truck?
2. Why is Sylder driving so fast?
3. What frightens the orchard keeper in the woods?
4. With what did Sylder cover up the corpse?
5. What does Sylder do after the man and his son leave?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)