|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
(a) Motorcycle burn.
(b) A dog bite.
(c) Cut from barbed wire.
(d) Gunshot wound.
2. With what did Sylder cover up the corpse?
(a) A mount of dead leaves.
(b) A cedar tree.
(c) A wooden plank.
(d) A load of dirt.
3. What happens to Sylder's car on the way to Maryville?
(a) The tailpipe falls off.
(b) A tire goes flat.
(c) The wipers won't work.
(d) It runs out of gas.
4. Sylder sees the orchard keeper shooting ________________ in the side of a government tank.
(a) a cross.
(b) a swastika.
(c) a cannon.
(d) a large "X".
5. What movement is in effect in America at this point in time?
(b) Anti-war demonstrations.
(c) Civil Rights.
(d) Women's suffrage.
6. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
(b) Marijuana farms.
(c) World War II.
(d) Illegal drug use.
7. Which of the following does John Wesley's mother tell him about his father?
(a) He was an honest man.
(b) He was a hard-working man.
(c) They would not be in this sad state if he were alive.
(d) All of these.
8. What does Sylder do with the dead body when he hears a truck coming?
(a) Rolls it into a ravine.
(b) Sets it in the passenger seat.
(c) Puts it under the car.
(d) Puts it in the trunk.
9. What does the orchard keeper do after he discharges his shotgun shells?
(a) Examines the shells.
(b) All of these.
(c) Discards the spent shells.
(d) Opens the shotgun.
10. What reason does Sylder give for the man being under the truck?
(a) He is checking an oil leak.
(b) He is fixing the muffler.
(c) He is changing the oil.
(d) He is tightening some bolts.
11. What is the result of Sylder's crash?
(a) His car is totalled.
(b) He drives away.
(c) He is killed instantly.
(d) He is severely wounded.
12. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 57 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
13. What do Sylder and June do when they find the two girls and a boy?
(a) Rape them and leave them in a remote area.
(b) Give them bus fare to get home.
(c) Shoot them in the woods.
(d) Give them a ride to Knoxville.
14. What kind of animal does John Wesley scare away while hunting?
15. Gifford and ___________ are two local cops who investigate Sylder's crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the orchard keeper do with a knife?
2. With what does the man hit Sylder?
3. What was Sylder afraid of seeing outside his window at night?
4. Sylder has an irrational fear of what type of animal?
5. What kind of job did Sylder have?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)