|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sylder afraid of seeing outside his window at night?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A cat.
2. What is Kenneth's ultimate decision?
3. With whom does Sylder live?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Two dogs.
4. What type of fruit is the old man eating?
5. What is the only thing John Wesley finds in his animal traps?
(a) A toenail.
(b) A toad.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rabbit.
6. What item does Kenneth claim to need when asked by the storekeep?
(a) Chocolate bar.
(b) Tire pump.
(c) Nail file.
7. Where does the orchard keeper go late at night?
(a) The Blue Fly Inn.
(b) Green Valley Inn.
(d) The pit with Kenneth Rattner's body.
8. Which of the following does John Wesley hear as he is searching for his traps?
(a) All of these.
(b) Splashing water.
(c) Cracking trees.
(d) An approaching car.
9. What does the orchard keeper do after he discharges his shotgun shells?
(a) All of these.
(b) Opens the shotgun.
(c) Discards the spent shells.
(d) Examines the shells.
10. What does Sylder do with the dead body when he hears a truck coming?
(a) Rolls it into a ravine.
(b) Puts it in the trunk.
(c) Puts it under the car.
(d) Sets it in the passenger seat.
11. What movement is in effect in America at this point in time?
(a) Anti-war demonstrations.
(b) Civil Rights.
(c) Women's suffrage.
12. Who saw Sylder arrive at the woods?
(a) A man and his son.
(b) An old man.
(c) Two hunters.
(d) Two boys.
13. How is the girl injured while watching John Wesley fish?
(a) A leech bites her.
(b) She steps on a fish hook.
(c) A jellyfish stings her.
(d) She falls out of a tree.
14. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
(a) A dog bite.
(b) Cut from barbed wire.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Motorcycle burn.
15. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sylder's car on the way to Maryville?
2. What does Sylder do after he kills the man?
3. Why does Sylder vomit in the woods?
4. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
5. How does Sylder kill the man?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)