Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kenneth asks the storekeep for the distance to what city?
2. Why had Sylder once blasted his wall with a shotgun?
(a) He thought a cat was sneaking up on him.
(b) He was tired of watching the TV and shot it.
(c) His gun went off accidentally.
(d) He thought he saw a robber.
3. Where did Garland Hobie hid whiskey as a boolegger?
(a) Honeysuckle bushes.
(b) A mountain cave.
(c) Room behind false door.
4. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Combs his hair.
(c) Eats an apple.
(d) Chews gum.
5. What is Kenneth Rattner doing as the novel begins?
(c) Playing checkers.
(d) Reading a map.
6. What type of fruit is the old man eating?
7. Where does Sylder dispose of the dead body?
(a) The woods.
(b) A riverbank.
(c) A lake.
(d) A mountain ravine.
8. What does Sylder do every Saturday?
(a) Takes his wife out to dinner.
(b) Does his banking.
(c) Drives the highway looking for hitchhikers.
(d) Goes to the feed store.
9. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 57 miles.
(d) 17 miles.
10. Who picks up the whiskey on the orchard keeper's property and takes it the rest of the way on its journey?
(a) John Wesley.
(c) Mrs. Rattner.
(d) The orchard keeper.
11. What kind of job did Sylder have?
12. How many animal traps does John Wesley get for his dollar?
13. What is the result of Sylder's crash?
(a) He is severely wounded.
(b) He is killed instantly.
(c) His car is totalled.
(d) He drives away.
14. Where is the old man that saw Sylder in the woods?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In an orchard.
(c) In bed.
(d) In church.
15. Why is Sylder driving so fast?
(a) He is running from the police.
(b) He is an emergency responder.
(c) He has to get to the hospital.
(d) He is late for a meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
2. On what type of road is Sylder driving?
3. Which of the following is true about Kenneth Rattner's widow and son?
4. How much did John Wesley earn for the dead chickenhawk?
5. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)