|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sylder do after he kills the man?
(b) Falls unconscious.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Drives away.
2. What is the name of Sylder's dog?
3. What is one of the major inconveniences of the Rattner house?
(a) No mail delivery.
(b) Leaky roof.
(c) No indoor plumbing.
(d) No air conditioning.
4. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 57 miles.
5. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
(a) Combs his hair.
(b) Eats an apple.
(c) Chews gum.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
6. The town of Red Branch is in the ___________________ Mountains.
7. What kind of footwear is John Wesley wearing in the store?
8. Sylder believes that _____________ prowl around the mountain invisibly.
(d) wampus cats.
9. What does the orchard keeper get out of a chest?
(a) A deed.
(b) Shotgun shells.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A rifle.
10. What does the old man pass by on his way home from the orchard?
(a) A lake.
(b) An abandoned school.
(c) A church.
(d) The pit where Sylder buried the dead body.
11. Why does Sylder vomit in the woods?
(a) He ate bad seafood for dinner.
(b) The odor of the decaying body.
(c) He feels guilt for killing the man.
(d) He has the flu.
12. Who is Kenneth Rattner's son?
(a) John Warner.
(b) John Wesley.
(c) John William.
(d) James Ashely.
13. Who is the old acquaintance that Marion sees at the bar?
14. What is Sylder doing as this section of the novel begins?
(c) Chopping wood.
15. What is the only thing John Wesley finds in his animal traps?
(a) A toad.
(b) A snake.
(c) A toenail.
(d) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Wesley take with him to check his traps?
2. Kenneth asks the storekeep for the distance to what city?
3. Gifford and ___________ are two local cops who investigate Sylder's crash.
4. Which of the following does John Wesley hear as he is searching for his traps?
5. Why is Sylder driving so fast?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)