|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
2. What was Sylder afraid of seeing outside his window at night?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A cat.
(d) A neighbor.
3. Which of the following does John Wesley's mother tell him about his father?
(a) They would not be in this sad state if he were alive.
(b) He was an honest man.
(c) He was a hard-working man.
(d) All of these.
4. What does the orchard keeper experience when he enters his house?
(a) Someone has trashed the place.
(b) The fire is out of control.
(c) He feels something move past him.
(d) A stranger is sitting in his chair.
5. What does Kenneth do at the gas station?
(a) Fills his car with gas.
(b) Wanders the aisles.
(c) Changes a tire.
(d) Gets directions.
6. What is Sylder doing as this section of the novel begins?
(d) Chopping wood.
7. Why was Sylder fired from his job?
(a) Extreme absenteeism.
(c) Fight with a co-worker.
8. Sylder and John Wesley walk to the house of Sylder's friend, _____________.
9. What is Sylder doing as he drives away from the crash?
(a) Eats an apple.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Combs his hair.
(d) Chews gum.
10. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Cut from barbed wire.
(c) Motorcycle burn.
(d) A dog bite.
11. What does the orchard keeper do after he discharges his shotgun shells?
(a) Opens the shotgun.
(b) All of these.
(c) Examines the shells.
(d) Discards the spent shells.
12. What does John Wesley do after his mother goes to sleep?
(a) Goes to the woods.
(b) Goes to a gambling hall.
(c) Sneaks out to a bar.
(d) Meets a girl in the meadow.
13. What does Sylder do after he kills the man?
(b) Drives away.
(c) Falls unconscious.
(d) Runs away.
14. What does Sylder crash into when he careens off the road?
(a) A storefront.
(b) A huge tree.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A house.
15. How many animal traps does John Wesley get for his dollar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the old man that saw Sylder in the woods?
2. What happens as Sylder tries to elude the police?
3. Where does Sylder arrive in the middle of the night?
4. What kind of animal does John Wesley kill?
5. About what do Sylder and June question Jack the Runner?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)