Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up the whiskey on the orchard keeper's property and takes it the rest of the way on its journey?
(a) John Wesley.
(b) Mrs. Rattner.
(c) The orchard keeper.
2. What reason does Sylder give for the man being under the truck?
(a) He is fixing the muffler.
(b) He is checking an oil leak.
(c) He is tightening some bolts.
(d) He is changing the oil.
3. What is the only thing John Wesley finds in his animal traps?
(a) A toenail.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A toad.
(d) A snake.
4. What does the orchard keeper do with a knife?
(a) Whittles a pipe.
(b) Stabs an intruder.
(c) Peels an apple.
(d) Circumcises the shotgun shells.
5. What does Sylder do after he is fired?
(a) Tries to commit suicide.
(b) Files for unemployment.
(c) Calls his wife.
(d) Goes to a bar and then drives.
6. What does Kenneth do at the gas station?
(a) Wanders the aisles.
(b) Changes a tire.
(c) Gets directions.
(d) Fills his car with gas.
7. Which of the following does John Wesley hear as he is searching for his traps?
(a) An approaching car.
(b) Cracking trees.
(c) Splashing water.
(d) All of these.
8. What is Kenneth's ultimate decision?
9. What does Sylder tell John Wesley was in Sylder's car?
10. Gifford and ___________ are two local cops who investigate Sylder's crash.
11. What is one of the major inconveniences of the Rattner house?
(a) Leaky roof.
(b) No air conditioning.
(c) No mail delivery.
(d) No indoor plumbing.
12. What does Sylder crash into when he careens off the road?
(a) A huge tree.
(b) A house.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A storefront.
13. How many animal traps does John Wesley get for his dollar?
14. What kind of animal does John Wesley kill?
15. Kenneth asks the storekeep for the distance to what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fruit is the old man eating?
2. Where is Kenneth when he enters a bar?
3. What kind of job did Sylder have?
4. Who saw Sylder arrive at the woods?
5. Sylder believes that _____________ prowl around the mountain invisibly.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)