Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Pages 8 - 27
1. What is Kenneth Rattner doing as the novel begins?
2. What does Kenneth say he is looking for and why does this confuse the storekeep?
3. Where does Kenneth get a ride to and what is his ultimate destination?
4. What is the name of the town where Marion Sylder is from and in what year was he born?
5. Describe the Green Fly Inn.
6. What do Sylder and June do when they locate the young hitchhikers?
This section contains 882 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)