|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 216 - 246.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sylder's car die while on his whiskey run?
(a) On the interstate.
(b) In front of the police station.
(c) On the bridge.
(d) On a muddy road.
2. What came about as a result of Prohibition?
(a) Marijuana farms.
(b) Illegal drug use.
(c) World War II.
3. How often does Gifford return to the store to question Huffaker about Ownby?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every couple of hours.
(d) Once a month.
4. Why does Sylder feel a strong sense of doom as he tries to fall asleep?
(a) He worries that John Wesley will squeal on him.
(b) He thinks he has a fatal illness.
(c) He wonders why the orchard keeper was shooting the tank.
(d) He thinks Gifford will figure out who hit him.
5. What does the orchard keeper see in the snowy landscape?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A pair of hunters.
(c) A cardinal.
(d) A fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal do John Wesley and Warn speculate must have mauled the mink?
2. What was Sylder afraid of seeing outside his window at night?
3. Uncle Ather tells the boys about a time when he caught a _______________.
4. How much is a mink worth?
5. What kind of animal do the boys hope to trap for its value?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)