|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 51 - 73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does John Wesley's mother tell him about his father?
(a) He was an honest man.
(b) He was a hard-working man.
(c) They would not be in this sad state if he were alive.
(d) All of these.
2. What item does Kenneth claim to need when asked by the storekeep?
(b) Tire pump.
(c) Chocolate bar.
(d) Nail file.
3. With what does the man hit Sylder?
(a) A tire jack.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) His fist.
(d) A chain.
4. How had Kenneth injured his leg?
(a) Motorcycle burn.
(b) Cut from barbed wire.
(c) A dog bite.
(d) Gunshot wound.
5. John Wesley hears voices that tell him to ___________________.
(a) avenge his father's death.
(b) run away.
(c) kill his mother.
(d) burn the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenneth do at the gas station?
2. With whom does Sylder live?
3. Sylder has an irrational fear of what type of animal?
4. Who had originally shown Sylder the corpse in the pit?
5. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)