|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 196 - 215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rouses the large cat in Ownby's outhouse?
(a) A thunderclap.
(c) Rain seeping in.
(d) A gunshot.
2. What do Sylder and June do when they find the two girls and a boy?
(a) Shoot them in the woods.
(b) Give them bus fare to get home.
(c) Rape them and leave them in a remote area.
(d) Give them a ride to Knoxville.
3. What does Sylder secretly think after John Wesley leaves?
(a) He wonders if his wife will bring lunch.
(b) He hopes Gifford gets what he deserves.
(c) He wants to repent.
(d) He is anxious to get back to his whiskey runs.
4. Why does Sylder feel a strong sense of doom as he tries to fall asleep?
(a) He worries that John Wesley will squeal on him.
(b) He wonders why the orchard keeper was shooting the tank.
(c) He thinks he has a fatal illness.
(d) He thinks Gifford will figure out who hit him.
5. What dead animal does the large cat find?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does John Wesley give to Sylder?
2. How much time has passed since the last section of the novel?
3. How much does Warn say the mink would have been worth had it not been mangled?
4. With whom does Sylder live?
5. How does Sylder kill the man?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)