Pages 8 - 27
1. What is Kenneth Rattner doing as the novel begins?
(b) Reading a map.
(c) Playing checkers.
2. What does Kenneth do at the gas station?
(a) Changes a tire.
(b) Wanders the aisles.
(c) Gets directions.
(d) Fills his car with gas.
3. What item does Kenneth claim to need when asked by the storekeep?
(a) Nail file.
(b) Chocolate bar.
(c) Tire pump.
4. Kenneth asks the storekeep for the distance to what city?
5. How far is it to Atlanta from where Kenneth is now?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 57 miles.
6. What is Kenneth's ultimate decision?
7. What is the name of the town where Marion Sylder was born?
(a) Red Branch.
(b) Red Bank.
(c) Red Vine.
(d) Red Fern.
8. In what year was Marion Sylder born?
9. What is the name of the bar which is tethered to a pine tree to keep it in place?
(a) Green Pine Inn.
(b) Pinetree Inn.
(c) Come On Inn.
(d) Green Fly Inn.
This section contains 3,851 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)