|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Bob his name?
2. What does Ivan like to watch on TV?
3. How are Julia's drawings different from Ivan's drawings?
4. Ivan compares Stella to what item found in nature?
5. What does Julia want to be when she grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivan spend his days?
2. What are me-balls?
3. Why does Bob avoid most humans?
4. How does Ivan compare humans to chimps?
5. What does Ivan do when he is bored?
6. Where does Ivan live?
7. Why do silverback gorillas pound their chests?
8. What does Mack do with Ivan's paintings and drawings?
9. How does Ivan react when he sees another gorilla on his television?
10. What does Stella mean when she tells Ivan, "Old age is a powerful disguise"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Ivan hesitant to join the gorilla troop at the zoo? How does he learn to fit in with the other gorillas? Can you think of a similar situation that might occur among groups of humans?
Essay Topic 2
The climax, or turning point, in the story revolves around one event. What event changes Ivan? What does he begin to do after that event? How can you tell that Ivan has changed?
Essay Topic 3
What does Ivan learn from watching television? What types of shows does Ivan watch and what does he learn from each type of show? How does watching the television in the mall make Ivan feel? How is the television in the zoo different from the television in the mall?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)