|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do elephants have that nothing else has?
(d) Baby elephants.
2. What does Ivan miss when he is living with humans?
(b) His nest.
3. What does Ruby do when Mack strikes her with the claw-stick?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Falls to her knees.
(d) Hits him with her trunk.
4. Which human sits beside Stella's cage while Stella is ill?
(a) No one.
5. After Ruby's nightmare, what does Ivan call Ruby's cage?
(a) A domain.
(b) A habitat.
(c) A cage.
(d) A prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ivan, what is a silverback's job?
2. After Mack takes one of the paintings Ivan made for Ruby, what does Ivan decide to paint?
3. After Mack discovers Ivan's hidden paintings, where does Ivan hide them?
4. Why is George reluctant to report Mack for striking Ruby?
5. What does George fear will happen if he posts Ivan's painted message?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivan's appearances at the mall as a young gorilla compare to his experiences at the mall as an adult gorilla?
2. According to Ivan, how are young gorillas and young humans alike?
3. How is Bob affected by Ruby's story of being saved by humans?
4. Why does Mack delay in calling a vet for Stella?
5. Why does Ivan draw?
6. How does Mack train Ruby to replace Stella?
7. How do the animals know that a new animal is arriving at the mall?
8. Why is Ivan puzzled by the fear that most humans have of gorillas?
9. How does Ruby's curious and questioning nature affect Ivan?
10. How does Helen's painting inspire Ivan and what were the consequences of Ivan's attempt to create refrigerator art?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)