|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Helen?
(a) George's sister.
(b) Julia's mother.
(c) Mack's wife.
(d) An elephant.
2. Where was Ivan born?
(a) A zoo.
(c) A circus.
(d) South America.
3. What does George scold Mack for not doing in the section 'Home is Where the Heart Is'?
(a) Not calling the vet.
(b) Not crying.
(c) Not feeding the animals.
(d) Not earning enough money.
4. After Ruby's nightmare, what does Ivan call Ruby's cage?
(a) A habitat.
(b) A domain.
(c) A cage.
(d) A prison.
5. What title does Bob insist Ivan accept?
(a) The One and Only Ivan.
(b) The Great Ape.
(d) The Hairy Wonder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Stella's death?
2. After Mack discovers Ivan's hidden paintings, where does Ivan hide them?
3. What did Helen bring home wrapped in brown paper?
4. Where do Julia and George assemble Ivan's painted message?
5. After Ruby's nightmare, what story does Ivan tell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ruby's presence affect Stella?
2. How does Ivan's appearances at the mall as a young gorilla compare to his experiences at the mall as an adult gorilla?
3. Why does Ivan draw?
4. What does Stella mean when she says, "Humans can surprise you sometimes"?
5. Why was Ivan able to survive the transition from the jungle to a human habitat while his sister died?
6. How does Ruby's curious and questioning nature affect Ivan?
7. Why is Ivan puzzled by the fear that most humans have of gorillas?
8. Why does Mack delay in calling a vet for Stella?
9. What is the significance of the X's that Ivan draws on his painted jungle wall?
10. How does Ivan convince George and Julia to post his sign on the mall billboard?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)