|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Stella's death?
(b) A heart attack.
(d) An untreated infection.
2. Who is Ruby?
(a) A silverback gorilla.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A television star.
(d) A baby elephant.
3. In the chapter titled "Imagining", what is unique about the painting Ivan creates for Ruby?
(a) He is painting with a paint brush.
(b) He is painting something he can see only in his head.
(c) He is painting on the wall of his cage.
(d) He is using finger paints.
4. What promise does Ivan give Stella?
(a) To be kind to Mack.
(b) To get Ruby to a safe place.
(c) To be friends forever.
(d) To never stop drawing.
5. What does Stella call her cage?
(a) A box.
(b) A habitat.
(c) A domain.
(d) A prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan fill his wall with X's?
2. In the chapter titled "angry", what does Ivan do to get the attention of Julia and George when they try to leave in the mall?
3. After Ruby's nightmare, what story does Ivan tell?
4. What does George scold Mack for not doing in the section 'Home is Where the Heart Is'?
5. What does Ivan miss when he is living with humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivan react to Ruby's first solo act in Mack's show?
2. What does Stella mean when she says, "Humans can surprise you sometimes"?
3. How does Helen's painting inspire Ivan and what were the consequences of Ivan's attempt to create refrigerator art?
4. How does Ivan's appearances at the mall as a young gorilla compare to his experiences at the mall as an adult gorilla?
5. How do Ivan and his sister get their (original) names?
6. How is Bob affected by Ruby's story of being saved by humans?
7. Why does George place his job in danger in order to help Ivan?
8. How do the animals know that a new animal is arriving at the mall?
9. Why does Ivan draw?
10. What is the significance of the X's that Ivan draws on his painted jungle wall?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)