|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Ivan learn to spell?
2. Where does a gorilla baby spend most of its day?
(a) In the tall grass.
(b) On its mother's back.
(c) In a nest.
(d) Sitting on a branch.
3. Why did Ivan's sister die?
(a) She caught a cold.
(b) She was shot by hunters.
(c) She was left alone.
(d) She could not let go of her wild home.
4. Who convinces Ruby to leave the truck?
5. Who gives Ivan finger paints?
6. What item is pictured on the five o'clock news?
(a) Ruby's red hat.
(b) The claw-stick.
(d) George's ladder.
7. After Ruby's nightmare, what does Ivan call Ruby's cage?
(a) A cage.
(b) A domain.
(c) A prison.
(d) A habitat.
8. In the chapter titled "Imagining", what is unique about the painting Ivan creates for Ruby?
(a) He is painting with a paint brush.
(b) He is painting something he can see only in his head.
(c) He is painting on the wall of his cage.
(d) He is using finger paints.
9. Why does Mack bring Ivan buckets of paint?
(a) Ivan is teaching Ruby to paint.
(b) Ivan's last painting sold for forty dollars.
(c) Mack wants Ivan to paint his cage.
(d) Mack wants to help Ruby.
10. Why does Stella stop performing for Mack?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is hungry.
11. What did Ivan wear when he first visited the Big Top Mall?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A clown suit.
(c) A little red hat.
(d) Pooh pajamas.
12. Where does Ivan hide his paintings?
(a) In Ruby's cage.
(b) Under his pool.
(c) In the ceiling tiles.
(d) In the hay.
13. Who was captured with Ivan?
(a) No one.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
14. Why had Ruby been chained to a floor?
(a) To keep her safe.
(b) Because she was violent.
(c) To break her spirit.
(d) To prevent escape.
15. How does Mack try to save money when business at the mall begins to slow down?
(a) By having a sale of Ivan's paintings.
(b) By selling Ruby.
(c) By raising prices.
(d) By cutting back on food and heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan miss when he is living with humans?
2. After she escapes the water hole, who helps Ruby find her family?
3. What do elephants have that nothing else has?
4. Who bought Ivan and raised him like a human baby?
5. Where do the men place Stella's body after she dies?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)