|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much food must a silverback gorilla eat each day?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 45 pounds.
(d) 450 pounds.
2. Who gives Ivan his first crayon?
3. Who is Thelma?
(a) Mack's wife.
(b) A macaw.
(c) A baby elephant.
(d) A circus clown.
4. Which famous artist's name does Mack call Ivan?
(c) Van Gogh.
5. Which species does Ivan describe as "dreamers, poets, philosophers, nap takers"?
6. What does Ivan call the spit-pebble children?
(a) Slimy chimps.
(b) Hairless apes.
(c) Silly humans.
(d) Yellow monkeys.
7. What does Lila Burpee tease Julia about?
(a) Her art.
(b) Her grades.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her hair.
8. What does Bob call Ivan's cage?
(a) A domain.
(b) A house.
(c) A cage.
(d) A box.
9. What does Mack do with Ivan's drawings?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Sells them.
(c) Puts them on the billboard.
(d) Puts them on his refrigerator.
10. How did Stella injure her foot?
(a) She tripped over a dog.
(b) She kicked her trainer.
(c) She fell in a water hole.
(d) She fell off a pedestal.
11. Where did Stella live before she was sold to Mack?
(a) A mall.
(b) A zoo.
(c) A circus.
(d) A sideshow carnival.
12. Who is the only human who can touch Bob?
13. What does Ivan call his cage?
(a) A cage.
(b) A habitat.
(c) A domain.
(d) A prison.
14. What do Ivan and Stella have in common?
(a) They are strong, smart and hate Mack.
(b) They are fast, strong and angry at life.
(c) They are huge, alone and love yogurt raisins.
(d) They are quiet, humble and love television.
15. Who is Bob?
(a) The janitor.
(b) A dog.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A gorilla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Tag?
2. What were the "bracelets" that Stella wore as a young elephant?
3. What is a claw-stick?
4. Why does Gerald leave?
5. What is George's job?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)