Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
2. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
3. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
4. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
5. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
The idea behind grass farming is to begin and end with a highly renewable resource - grass.
Part 1: Why do you think Salatin decided to be a grass farmer?
Part 2: Does the idea of being a grass farmer seem like a lot of work?
Part 3: How do you think an industrial farmer could implement the ideas of grass farming. Or couldn't they?
Polyface Farm also strives to live off the grid in an effort to use as few resources as possible.
Part 1: Do you think it's possible for you to live without depending on the grid?
Part 2: Why do you think a person might want to live off the grid?
Part 3: How would your live change if you were to start living off the grid?
Locally grown foods are said to taste better than those that are shipped from far away places.
Part 1: Do you think local foods are better for those who eat them?
Part 2: Why do you think locally grown foods might taste better?
Part 3: How do you choose your foods - price or taste?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)