Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
2. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
3. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
4. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
5. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
The main theme of the book is the omnivore's dilemma and it's one that Pollan returns to again and again.
Part 1: Do you think you face a dilemma when you sit down to eat?
Part 2: Why do you think Pollan believes that the dilemma is important?
Part 3: Should people think about where their food comes from or why they choose certain foods?
Pollan is surprised by the many things he learns about his food and where it comes from.
Part 1: Do you know where your food comes from?
Part 2: Why do you think people don't often think about where their food comes from?
Part 3: Do you feel it is important to know where your food comes from?
Polyface Farm also strives to live off the grid in an effort to use as few resources as possible.
Part 1: Do you think it's possible for you to live without depending on the grid?
Part 2: Why do you think a person might want to live off the grid?
Part 3: How would your live change if you were to start living off the grid?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)