|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
2. Garro states that he does not hunt for the thrill of the _________, but for the food he can catch.
3. Americans can develop an eating culture that allows omnivores to eat without _____, according to Pollan, and with full consciousness.
4. ________ help pair foods that complement one another not just in flavor, but in use as well.
5. The meal was perfect, according to Pollan, not because of the food, but he took part in the ________ and preparation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The government doesn't encourage off the grid and natural farming, according to Pollan and Salatin's discussion.
Part 1: Why wouldn't the government encourage a more efficient way of farming?
Part 2: How do industrial farmers help the government?
Part 3: What might happen if the government supported farmers like Salatin?
Essay Topic 2
At one point, the book brings up the idea that food should be the next revolution in America.
Part 1: Why might food be the basis for a new revolution?
Part 2: Do you think food is something that is causing divisiveness in the country today?
Part 3: How do you think the food supply might change if there was a revolution?
Essay Topic 3
Corn is a food that seems to be dominant in the food chain, with it being a food for animals as well as a food for humans.
Part 1: Is it a good idea to have one food be so dominant in a food culture?
Part 2: Why do you think corn is something that is so dominant in the food culture?
Part 3: How do you think society can get away from corn or can it?
This section contains 1,440 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)