Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
2. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
3. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
4. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
5. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
Essay Topic 1
The prices of organic and sustainably grown foods is higher than regular foods.
Part 1: Do you mind paying higher prices for better food?
Part 2: Why do you think organic and sustainably grown foods have to cost more?
Part 3: Do you think higher food prices keep some people away from these types of foods?
Essay Topic 2
The food industry, according to Pollan, relies on two imperfect natural systems - the farm and the human.
Part 1: What do you think might create a more perfect system for farming?
Part 2: Is it even possible to have a perfect system for farming?
Part 3: Do you think the farms or the humans are more to blame for the troubles in the food chain right now?
Essay Topic 3
The industrial method of growing corn appears to be causing more environmental damage than many might believe.
Part 1: Do you think farmers consider the environmental damage when growing corn?
Part 2: Do you think that farming can be more efficient? How?
Part 3: Why do you think industrial farming is so inefficient today?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)