|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garro chops up the meat from the pig Pollan made, and they make a __________ for lunch.
2. Garro brings a ________ from the boar that Pollan killed on his hunting trip.
3. What was the primary emotion that Pollan feels when he shoots and kills his first boar?
4. _________ hunters are hugely secretive, according to Pollan's observations.
5. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
Essay Topic 1
For those who don't make a lot of money, fast food is a way to get higher calorie meals for less money.
Part 1: Do you think fast food is a bad thing?
Part 2: Why do you think lower income families choose fast food over healthy foods?
Part 3: How do you think fast food restaurants and grocery stores could help lower income families eat better?
Essay Topic 2
There is a form of corn that is lower in quality than the corn in many foods, and it is fed to the animals.
Part 1: Do you think that lower quality food should be served to animals?
Part 2: Why do you think there is so much extra corn that can be used without any concern for quality?
Part 3: How do you think the farmers might be able to provide better quality feed for their animals?
Essay Topic 3
Pollan is surprised by the many things he learns about his food and where it comes from.
Part 1: Do you know where your food comes from?
Part 2: Why do you think people don't often think about where their food comes from?
Part 3: Do you feel it is important to know where your food comes from?
This section contains 1,412 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)