Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
2. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
3. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
4. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
5. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
Essay Topic 1
Polyface Farm also strives to live off the grid in an effort to use as few resources as possible.
Part 1: Do you think it's possible for you to live without depending on the grid?
Part 2: Why do you think a person might want to live off the grid?
Part 3: How would your live change if you were to start living off the grid?
Essay Topic 2
The organic farmers talk about how there is a price to pay when they want to be productive.
Part 1: Do you think that organic farming can ever be pure farming?
Part 2: Why do you think that organic farmers still grow their crops in an industrial way?
Part 3: Is there anything wrong with organic farmers being more industrial in their techniques?
Essay Topic 3
The supersizing of foods and drinks has led to more sales for the soda drink companies.
Part 1: What do you think about the idea of supersizing your meals?
Part 2: Do you think that the idea of supersizing may have contributed to the growing obesity problem?
Part 3: Why do you think people tend to enjoy the idea of supersizing their meals and drinks?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)