|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
2. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
3. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
4. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
5. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
Essay Topic 1
Salatin talks to Pollan about the ways in which a farm can grow in line with the Earth to be more productive and healthy.
Part 1: Do you think that organic growing is the best way to grow for food supplies?
Part 2: Why do you think organic growing methods aren't always the best choice?
Part 3: Do you think that organic growing is more of a trend than a way of life?
Essay Topic 2
Much of the image of what 'organic' is may not be true, according to Pollan's findings.
Part 1: Why do you think people are so drawn to the idea of something being organic?
Part 2: Do you choose organic foods? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person can make a more informed decision about the foods they buy and eat?
Essay Topic 3
For those who don't make a lot of money, fast food is a way to get higher calorie meals for less money.
Part 1: Do you think fast food is a bad thing?
Part 2: Why do you think lower income families choose fast food over healthy foods?
Part 3: How do you think fast food restaurants and grocery stores could help lower income families eat better?
This section contains 1,440 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)