|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
2. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
3. Pollan notes that the end meal was _______ for him, according to the book.
4. ________ help pair foods that complement one another not just in flavor, but in use as well.
5. What does Pollan decide that he wants to gather from a local pond, though he ends up not using it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Locally grown foods are said to taste better than those that are shipped from far away places.
Part 1: Do you think local foods are better for those who eat them?
Part 2: Why do you think locally grown foods might taste better?
Part 3: How do you choose your foods - price or taste?
Essay Topic 2
The idea behind grass farming is to begin and end with a highly renewable resource - grass.
Part 1: Why do you think Salatin decided to be a grass farmer?
Part 2: Does the idea of being a grass farmer seem like a lot of work?
Part 3: How do you think an industrial farmer could implement the ideas of grass farming. Or couldn't they?
Essay Topic 3
The supersizing of foods and drinks has led to more sales for the soda drink companies.
Part 1: What do you think about the idea of supersizing your meals?
Part 2: Do you think that the idea of supersizing may have contributed to the growing obesity problem?
Part 3: Why do you think people tend to enjoy the idea of supersizing their meals and drinks?
This section contains 1,434 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)