|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Depending on how the animals were ________, different foods can contain different amounts of omega fatty acids.
2. The meal was perfect, according to Pollan, not because of the food, but he took part in the ________ and preparation.
3. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
4. Pollan notes that the last meal serves as a reminder of the fact that eating industrially lets people _________ the massive total cost of the food they eat.
5. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony that Pollan sees when he is looking over the delicious meal?
2. What is in the meal that Pollan makes at the end of this section, which he describes as being phenomenal?
3. Why is there a national eating disorder, according to Pollan's findings?
4. What does Pollan point out about the loss of meat in one's diet?
5. Why do humans seem to eat what other humans eat, according to Pollan?
6. What does Pollan begin to realize as he is preparing for his hunter's license?
7. What does Pollan suggest that our intelligence allows a person to do that an animal cannot?
8. How does Pollan change his eating habits after reading "Animal Liberation"?
9. What does Garro bring to the meal that Pollan has already asked him to bring?
10. Why is Bev having troubles getting his eggs into stores and into the market?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Salatin talks to Pollan about the ways in which a farm can grow in line with the Earth to be more productive and healthy.
Part 1: Do you think that organic growing is the best way to grow for food supplies?
Part 2: Why do you think organic growing methods aren't always the best choice?
Part 3: Do you think that organic growing is more of a trend than a way of life?
Essay Topic 2
Pollan is surprised by the many things he learns about his food and where it comes from.
Part 1: Do you know where your food comes from?
Part 2: Why do you think people don't often think about where their food comes from?
Part 3: Do you feel it is important to know where your food comes from?
Essay Topic 3
The prices of organic and sustainably grown foods is higher than regular foods.
Part 1: Do you mind paying higher prices for better food?
Part 2: Why do you think organic and sustainably grown foods have to cost more?
Part 3: Do you think higher food prices keep some people away from these types of foods?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)