|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
2. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
3. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
4. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
5. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
Essay Topic 1
At one point, the book brings up the idea that food should be the next revolution in America.
Part 1: Why might food be the basis for a new revolution?
Part 2: Do you think food is something that is causing divisiveness in the country today?
Part 3: How do you think the food supply might change if there was a revolution?
Essay Topic 2
Corn is a food that seems to be dominant in the food chain, with it being a food for animals as well as a food for humans.
Part 1: Is it a good idea to have one food be so dominant in a food culture?
Part 2: Why do you think corn is something that is so dominant in the food culture?
Part 3: How do you think society can get away from corn or can it?
Essay Topic 3
For those who don't make a lot of money, fast food is a way to get higher calorie meals for less money.
Part 1: Do you think fast food is a bad thing?
Part 2: Why do you think lower income families choose fast food over healthy foods?
Part 3: How do you think fast food restaurants and grocery stores could help lower income families eat better?
This section contains 1,440 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)