Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
2. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
3. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
4. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
5. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
Essay Topic 1
There is a form of corn that is lower in quality than the corn in many foods, and it is fed to the animals.
Part 1: Do you think that lower quality food should be served to animals?
Part 2: Why do you think there is so much extra corn that can be used without any concern for quality?
Part 3: How do you think the farmers might be able to provide better quality feed for their animals?
Essay Topic 2
The industrial method of growing corn appears to be causing more environmental damage than many might believe.
Part 1: Do you think farmers consider the environmental damage when growing corn?
Part 2: Do you think that farming can be more efficient? How?
Part 3: Why do you think industrial farming is so inefficient today?
Essay Topic 3
Locally grown foods are said to taste better than those that are shipped from far away places.
Part 1: Do you think local foods are better for those who eat them?
Part 2: Why do you think locally grown foods might taste better?
Part 3: How do you choose your foods - price or taste?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)