|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollan do with Garro, even though he has to turn away from disgust at one point?
(a) Eviscerate the boar.
(b) Paint his face.
(c) Clean his gun.
(d) Eat a piece of flesh.
2. Garro chops up the meat from the pig Pollan made, and they make a __________ for lunch.
(c) Side dish.
3. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
4. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
(a) Young mothers.
(b) Young fathers.
(d) Young brothers.
5. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
(b) Meat eating.
6. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
7. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
8. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
9. Both food that is prepared and harvested as well as that from a store should be a part of an occasional _______ meal.
10. Depending on how the animals were ________, different foods can contain different amounts of omega fatty acids.
11. _________ foods are those that are generally recognized to be toxic to humans.
12. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
(b) Nursing homes.
13. The local food movement doesn't have to combat ___________; it simply offers an alternative, according to Pollan.
(a) Hunting and gathering.
(c) Organic foods.
14. The modern CAFO does not take into consideration the _________ of an animal when processing them.
15. Pollan and the guests at the dinner achieve the pleasures of the ________, a camaraderie during the meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ hunters are hugely secretive, according to Pollan's observations.
2. __________ involves higher emotions of dread, shame, and fear, according to Pollan.
3. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
4. The family _______, one of the remaining parts of America's food culture, is in decline, according to Pollan.
5. What does Pollan not have ready when he is about to take down a boar, causing him to feel ashamed?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)