|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan begins to understand that eating the meat is the final act of the __________.
2. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
3. How many boars do Pollan and the others find when they go back to hunt after lunch?
4. Pollan sees some mushrooms which he believes to be ___________, though he is not sure enough to eat them.
5. Store purchased foods, according to Salatin, do not take into consideration environmental and health ________.
6. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
(d) Nursing homes.
7. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
(a) Relationship of an.
(c) Species of an.
8. What is a sign that the food is something that should not be eaten again?
(c) Good taste.
9. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
(a) More intensive.
(d) More expensive.
10. Pollan also makes two entrees, one of grilled and one of braised __________.
11. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
12. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
13. Garro offers to help Pollan go out to look for __________ with others.
(a) White mushrooms.
14. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
(b) Health benefits.
15. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
(a) First meal.
(b) His book's deadline.
(c) Final meal.
(d) Hunting license.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan is disgusted when he looks at a picture of himself with his kill and sees ________.
2. What is the herbal tea that Pollan makes to help finish off the meal he has made?
3. Pollan notes that the last meal serves as a reminder of the fact that eating industrially lets people _________ the massive total cost of the food they eat.
4. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
5. Pollan also have to abandon his idea of an abalone ____________ in his meal.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)