|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
2. __________ is another tool that humans use to decide if a food is good to eat, which helps to avoid foods that smell rotten.
3. Pollan notes that the last meal serves as a reminder of the fact that eating industrially lets people _________ the massive total cost of the food they eat.
(d) Add to.
4. Pollan equates the feeling of everything coming into focused while also being completely relaxed to being ________.
(c) On a long run.
(d) With friends.
5. Who has helped Bev out by giving him a lot of produce to get by?
(a) No one.
6. ________ help pair foods that complement one another not just in flavor, but in use as well.
(b) Medicine men.
(d) Meal plans.
7. The tart is made with _________ from Pollan's neighbor's garden as a dessert.
8. Pollan begins to understand that eating the meat is the final act of the __________.
9. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
(b) More expensive.
(d) More intensive.
10. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
(c) Species of an.
(d) Relationship of an.
11. _________ changed the way that humans ate, and put humans at the top of the food chain.
12. How many boars do Pollan and the others find when they go back to hunt after lunch?
13. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
(a) His book's deadline.
(b) Final meal.
(c) Hunting license.
(d) First meal.
14. The hunter's _______ is the feeling of everything coming into sharp focus, and Pollan feels this during his first day.
15. Pollan tries to be vegetarian, but gives it up as he finds it less ________ and much more difficult.
(d) Socially acceptable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
2. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
3. What does Bev deal in that is causing him a lot of financial problems?
4. Overcoming human senses had sometimes been vital, as in the case of bitter ______________.
5. Pollan also have to abandon his idea of an abalone ____________ in his meal.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)