|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The local food movement doesn't have to combat ___________; it simply offers an alternative, according to Pollan.
(c) Hunting and gathering.
(d) Organic foods.
2. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
3. Americans can develop an eating culture that allows omnivores to eat without _____, according to Pollan, and with full consciousness.
4. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
5. Humans also overcame their _________ in plants through cooking, grinding, or soaking the foods.
6. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
7. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
(a) Meat eating.
8. Garro brings a ________ from the boar that Pollan killed on his hunting trip.
(b) Pulled pork sandwich.
9. Both food that is prepared and harvested as well as that from a store should be a part of an occasional _______ meal.
10. The meal was perfect, according to Pollan, not because of the food, but he took part in the ________ and preparation.
11. What does Pollan not have ready when he is about to take down a boar, causing him to feel ashamed?
(a) Hand position.
12. What is the name of the person that Pollan goes with to deliver the foods to local restaurants?
13. Pollan wants to say ________ to the animals for the meal, but realizes this is already in the meal.
14. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
(d) Fava bean.
15. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan is disgusted when he looks at a picture of himself with his kill and sees ________.
2. Who has helped Bev out by giving him a lot of produce to get by?
3. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
4. What does Bev deal in that is causing him a lot of financial problems?
5. Overcoming human senses had sometimes been vital, as in the case of bitter ______________.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)