|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan equates the feeling of everything coming into focused while also being completely relaxed to being ________.
(c) On a long run.
(d) With friends.
2. Americans can develop an eating culture that allows omnivores to eat without _____, according to Pollan, and with full consciousness.
3. __________ involves higher emotions of dread, shame, and fear, according to Pollan.
(b) Moral drama.
4. The hunter's _______ is the feeling of everything coming into sharp focus, and Pollan feels this during his first day.
5. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
6. The tart is made with _________ from Pollan's neighbor's garden as a dessert.
7. What was the primary emotion that Pollan feels when he shoots and kills his first boar?
8. Pollan notes it is ironic that in order to make a delicious meal, one must destroy a _______ first.
(c) Way of life.
9. What does Pollan do with Garro, even though he has to turn away from disgust at one point?
(a) Eat a piece of flesh.
(b) Paint his face.
(c) Eviscerate the boar.
(d) Clean his gun.
10. Garro brings a ________ from the boar that Pollan killed on his hunting trip.
(a) Pulled pork sandwich.
11. Pairing raw fish with _______ makes sense as this condiment had antibacterial properties.
12. The modern CAFO does not take into consideration the _________ of an animal when processing them.
13. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
(d) Nursing homes.
14. What do Pollan and Garro decide to go out to hunt at the start of the chapter?
(a) Wild boar.
15. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan wants to say ________ to the animals for the meal, but realizes this is already in the meal.
2. _________ foods are those that are generally recognized to be toxic to humans.
3. What is a sign that the food is something that should not be eaten again?
4. Pollan is disgusted when he looks at a picture of himself with his kill and sees ________.
5. Humans, when faced with a new _______, often take a small amount and wait for the results.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)