Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
(b) Fava bean.
2. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
3. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
4. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
(a) Teachers say to.
(b) Cooking shows.
(c) Books say to.
(d) Other humans.
5. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
6. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
(a) More intensive.
(d) More expensive.
7. The tart is made with _________ from Pollan's neighbor's garden as a dessert.
8. Who has helped Bev out by giving him a lot of produce to get by?
(a) No one.
9. Pollan notes it is ironic that in order to make a delicious meal, one must destroy a _______ first.
(c) Way of life.
10. The meal was perfect, according to Pollan, not because of the food, but he took part in the ________ and preparation.
11. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
(b) Relationship of an.
(d) Species of an.
12. Pollan equates the feeling of everything coming into focused while also being completely relaxed to being ________.
(c) With friends.
(d) On a long run.
13. Who is considered to be the first researcher of the omnivore's dilemma?
14. What was the primary emotion that Pollan feels when he shoots and kills his first boar?
15. Pollan thinks that if stores had to include __________ of how an item was produced, people would change their eating habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
2. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
3. Pollan believes that the hunter and gatherer food chain is the most ___________.
4. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
5. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)