|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bev deal in that is causing him a lot of financial problems?
2. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
3. Americans can develop an eating culture that allows omnivores to eat without _____, according to Pollan, and with full consciousness.
4. What is the number of the steer that Pollan has picked out for his meal?
5. Pollan also makes two entrees, one of grilled and one of braised __________.
6. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
7. Pollan doesn't feel the same about the picture a few months later and wonders which emotion is more accurate - the happiness or the ________.
8. Pairing raw fish with _______ makes sense as this condiment had antibacterial properties.
9. Garro offers to help Pollan go out to look for __________ with others.
(c) White mushrooms.
10. The tart is made with _________ from Pollan's neighbor's garden as a dessert.
11. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
12. Humans, when faced with a new _______, often take a small amount and wait for the results.
13. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
14. Pollan and the guests at the dinner achieve the pleasures of the ________, a camaraderie during the meal.
15. Pollan equates the feeling of everything coming into focused while also being completely relaxed to being ________.
(a) On a long run.
(d) With friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the primary emotion that Pollan feels when he shoots and kills his first boar?
2. The modern CAFO does not take into consideration the _________ of an animal when processing them.
3. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
4. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
5. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)