|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garro offers to help Pollan go out to look for __________ with others.
(c) White mushrooms.
2. Pairing raw fish with _______ makes sense as this condiment had antibacterial properties.
3. Pollan equates the feeling of everything coming into focused while also being completely relaxed to being ________.
(a) On a long run.
(c) With friends.
4. Pollan tries to be vegetarian, but gives it up as he finds it less ________ and much more difficult.
(b) Socially acceptable.
5. Pollan is disgusted when he looks at a picture of himself with his kill and sees ________.
(a) His grin.
(b) A somber expression.
(d) The eyes of the boar.
6. What does Pollan decide that he wants to gather from a local pond, though he ends up not using it?
7. The local food movement doesn't have to combat ___________; it simply offers an alternative, according to Pollan.
(a) Organic foods.
(b) Hunting and gathering.
8. Depending on how the animals were ________, different foods can contain different amounts of omega fatty acids.
9. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
(a) Young fathers.
(b) Young brothers.
(d) Young mothers.
10. Americans can develop an eating culture that allows omnivores to eat without _____, according to Pollan, and with full consciousness.
11. How many boars do Pollan and the others find when they go back to hunt after lunch?
12. Humans also overcame their _________ in plants through cooking, grinding, or soaking the foods.
13. Both food that is prepared and harvested as well as that from a store should be a part of an occasional _______ meal.
14. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
(a) Meat eating.
15. Garro states that he does not hunt for the thrill of the _________, but for the food he can catch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollan not have ready when he is about to take down a boar, causing him to feel ashamed?
2. Who has helped Bev out by giving him a lot of produce to get by?
3. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
4. What does Pollan admit he liked more than he had anticipated liking?
5. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)