|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family _______, one of the remaining parts of America's food culture, is in decline, according to Pollan.
2. What is Pollan eating when he attempts to read Peter Singer's book?
(d) A salad.
3. Pollan and the guests at the dinner achieve the pleasures of the ________, a camaraderie during the meal.
4. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
(d) Nursing homes.
5. Pollan doesn't feel the same about the picture a few months later and wonders which emotion is more accurate - the happiness or the ________.
6. Overcoming human senses had sometimes been vital, as in the case of bitter ______________.
(a) Medicinal plants.
7. Pollan notes it is ironic that in order to make a delicious meal, one must destroy a _______ first.
(a) Way of life.
8. Humans, when faced with a new _______, often take a small amount and wait for the results.
9. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
10. The meal also brings ________ to the table, which is another way of saying thanks to the animals.
11. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
12. Store purchased foods, according to Salatin, do not take into consideration environmental and health ________.
13. The meal was perfect, according to Pollan, not because of the food, but he took part in the ________ and preparation.
14. How many ways can a person obtain the foods from Salatin's farm?
15. What does Pollan decide that he wants to gather from a local pond, though he ends up not using it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
2. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
3. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
4. Pollan sees some mushrooms which he believes to be ___________, though he is not sure enough to eat them.
5. _________ changed the way that humans ate, and put humans at the top of the food chain.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)