|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pairing raw fish with _______ makes sense as this condiment had antibacterial properties.
2. The meal was perfect, according to Pollan, not because of the food, but he took part in the ________ and preparation.
3. Garro offers to help Pollan go out to look for __________ with others.
(a) White mushrooms.
4. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
5. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
(a) Teachers say to.
(b) Other humans.
(c) Books say to.
(d) Cooking shows.
6. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
(a) Species of an.
(c) Relationship of an.
7. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
8. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Animals are All Right.
(b) Animal Persecution.
(c) Animal Liberation.
(d) Animal Rights.
9. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
(a) First meal.
(b) His book's deadline.
(c) Hunting license.
(d) Final meal.
10. What does Pollan decide that he wants to gather from a local pond, though he ends up not using it?
11. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
(a) Health benefits.
12. Pollan thinks that if stores had to include __________ of how an item was produced, people would change their eating habits.
13. __________ is another tool that humans use to decide if a food is good to eat, which helps to avoid foods that smell rotten.
14. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
15. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gasset points out to Pollan that he believes _________ returned humans back to nature, and Pollan agrees.
2. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
3. Pollan is disgusted when he looks at a picture of himself with his kill and sees ________.
4. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
5. What does Pollan do with Garro, even though he has to turn away from disgust at one point?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)