|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
2. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
3. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
4. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(b) Processed foods.
(c) Egg sandwiches.
(d) Bottled water.
5. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
6. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
7. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
8. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
9. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
10. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
(a) Food supplies.
(d) Oil wells.
11. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
12. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
13. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
(a) All inclusive.
(d) All free.
14. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
15. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
2. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
3. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
4. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
5. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)