Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
2. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
3. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
4. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
5. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
6. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
7. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
8. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
9. Salatin uses the animals to create a _________ system that also bolsters efficiency on the farm.
10. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
11. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
12. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
13. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
(b) Local farmer.
14. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
(b) Government protection.
(c) USDA rules.
15. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
2. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
3. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
4. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
5. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)