|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
2. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
3. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(c) High quality.
4. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
(d) Local farmer.
5. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(b) Breakfast cereal.
6. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
7. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
8. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
9. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
10. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
(b) All free.
(d) All inclusive.
11. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
12. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
13. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
(c) Organic yogurt.
14. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
15. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
2. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
3. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
4. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
5. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)