Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Introduction and Chapter 1
1. Why do humans have the problem of the omnivore's dilemma, according to Pollan?
2. What does the lack of a good culture in America cause among people?
3. What are the three different parts of the food chain that Pollan follows in this book?
4. What does Pollan point out is the start of any of the foods in the food chain, which came as a surprise to him?
5. What indicates a higher ratio of corn being eaten in a human's diet?
This section contains 1,010 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)