|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
2. Pollan also makes two entrees, one of grilled and one of braised __________.
3. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
4. _________ foods are those that are generally recognized to be toxic to humans.
5. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan notes that the end meal was _______ for him, according to the book.
2. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
3. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
4. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
5. Gasset points out to Pollan that he believes _________ returned humans back to nature, and Pollan agrees.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)