|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
2. Both food that is prepared and harvested as well as that from a store should be a part of an occasional _______ meal.
3. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
4. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
5. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
Short Answer Questions
1. The alliance between chefs and small farmers is what helps _____________ flourish.
2. Pollan also have to abandon his idea of an abalone ____________ in his meal.
3. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
4. _________ hunters are hugely secretive, according to Pollan's observations.
5. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)