|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salatin points out that being ________ doesn't necessarily mean that a farm is also going to be sustainable.
2. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
3. The family _______, one of the remaining parts of America's food culture, is in decline, according to Pollan.
4. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
5. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
2. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
3. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
4. __________ is another tool that humans use to decide if a food is good to eat, which helps to avoid foods that smell rotten.
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)