|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Add nutrients.
(b) Change the names of.
(d) Add contests to.
2. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
3. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
4. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(d) New Deal.
5. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. The meal also brings ________ to the table, which is another way of saying thanks to the animals.
2. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
3. What does Bev deal in that is causing him a lot of financial problems?
4. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
5. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)