|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pairing raw fish with _______ makes sense as this condiment had antibacterial properties.
2. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
3. What is Pollan eating when he attempts to read Peter Singer's book?
(b) A salad.
4. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet mill.
(b) Dry dock.
(c) Dry mill.
(d) Wet substrate.
5. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
(a) Take any notes.
(b) Watch it be processed.
(c) Come to see the farm.
(d) Pay for his steer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
2. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
3. Mushrooms, Pollan points out, can be ________, but they can also be deadly.
4. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
5. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)