|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) Artificial sweeteners.
(c) Corn oil.
(d) High fructose corn syrup.
2. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
3. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
(a) Higher price.
(b) Bigger breasts.
(c) Smaller size.
(d) Lower quality.
4. Americans can develop an eating culture that allows omnivores to eat without _____, according to Pollan, and with full consciousness.
5. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Humans also overcame their _________ in plants through cooking, grinding, or soaking the foods.
2. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
3. Pollan doesn't feel the same about the picture a few months later and wonders which emotion is more accurate - the happiness or the ________.
4. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
5. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)