|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
2. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
3. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(a) Breakfast cereal.
4. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
(a) Season cycle.
(d) World view.
5. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(c) New Deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
4. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
5. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)