|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan equates the feeling of everything coming into focused while also being completely relaxed to being ________.
(c) With friends.
(d) On a long run.
2. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) Artificial sweeteners.
(b) Corn oil.
(d) High fructose corn syrup.
3. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
4. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
5. What does Bev deal in that is causing him a lot of financial problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
2. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
3. Pollan doesn't feel the same about the picture a few months later and wonders which emotion is more accurate - the happiness or the ________.
4. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
5. __________ is another tool that humans use to decide if a food is good to eat, which helps to avoid foods that smell rotten.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)