|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
2. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
3. __________ is another tool that humans use to decide if a food is good to eat, which helps to avoid foods that smell rotten.
4. Pollan thinks that if stores had to include __________ of how an item was produced, people would change their eating habits.
5. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
2. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
3. What is the number of the steer that Pollan has picked out for his meal?
4. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
5. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)