|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan believes that the hunter and gatherer food chain is the most ___________.
2. Pollan is disgusted when he looks at a picture of himself with his kill and sees ________.
(a) His grin.
(b) The eyes of the boar.
(d) A somber expression.
3. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
4. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
5. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
(b) General Mills.
(c) Birds Eye.
(d) Ralston Purina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Humans, when faced with a new _______, often take a small amount and wait for the results.
2. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
3. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
4. Mushrooms, Pollan points out, can be ________, but they can also be deadly.
5. Neither being ignorant or aware is a completely _________ way of eating in the world today.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)