|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The local food movement doesn't have to combat ___________; it simply offers an alternative, according to Pollan.
(c) Organic foods.
(d) Hunting and gathering.
2. Garro states that he does not hunt for the thrill of the _________, but for the food he can catch.
3. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Earl Butz.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Ed Burrow.
4. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(a) New Deal.
5. The alliance between chefs and small farmers is what helps _____________ flourish.
(a) Cooking schools.
(c) Local economies.
(d) Grocery stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
2. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
3. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
4. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
5. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)