|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. Pollan argues that ______ should be the basis for a new revolution, since it is what sustains and helps define culture.
4. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
5. Overcoming human senses had sometimes been vital, as in the case of bitter ______________.
(d) Medicinal plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
2. Garro chops up the meat from the pig Pollan made, and they make a __________ for lunch.
3. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
4. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
5. Americans can develop an eating culture that allows omnivores to eat without _____, according to Pollan, and with full consciousness.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)