|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Pollan goes with to deliver the foods to local restaurants?
2. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
(a) Young brothers.
(b) Young fathers.
(c) Young mothers.
3. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
(a) Birds Eye.
(b) General Mills.
(d) Ralston Purina.
4. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
(a) Whole Foods.
(c) Trader Joe's.
(d) Richard's Organic Foods.
5. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
2. _________ foods are those that are generally recognized to be toxic to humans.
3. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
4. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)