|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
2. Neither being ignorant or aware is a completely _________ way of eating in the world today.
3. Americans can develop an eating culture that allows omnivores to eat without _____, according to Pollan, and with full consciousness.
4. Both food that is prepared and harvested as well as that from a store should be a part of an occasional _______ meal.
5. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan is disgusted when he looks at a picture of himself with his kill and sees ________.
2. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
3. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
4. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
5. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)