|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ hunters are hugely secretive, according to Pollan's observations.
(c) Wild boar.
2. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) Artificial sweeteners.
(b) High fructose corn syrup.
(d) Corn oil.
3. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
4. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
5. Gasset points out to Pollan that he believes _________ returned humans back to nature, and Pollan agrees.
(a) The econony.
(b) The organic farmers.
(c) The New Age movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
2. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
3. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
4. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
5. What does Pollan not have ready when he is about to take down a boar, causing him to feel ashamed?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)