|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
2. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
3. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
4. How many ways can a person obtain the foods from Salatin's farm?
5. The local food movement doesn't have to combat ___________; it simply offers an alternative, according to Pollan.
(b) Hunting and gathering.
(d) Organic foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
2. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
3. What is the name of the person that Pollan goes with to deliver the foods to local restaurants?
4. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
5. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)