|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
2. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
3. Gene Kahn is the founder of ______ Farm, which is a giant organic company that uses industrial methods.
4. Depending on how the animals were ________, different foods can contain different amounts of omega fatty acids.
5. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(a) Baking soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
2. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
3. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
4. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
5. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)