|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
2. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) Corn oil.
(b) Artificial sweeteners.
(d) High fructose corn syrup.
3. ________ help pair foods that complement one another not just in flavor, but in use as well.
(a) Meal plans.
(d) Medicine men.
4. How many ways can a person obtain the foods from Salatin's farm?
5. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
2. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
3. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
4. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
5. The alliance between chefs and small farmers is what helps _____________ flourish.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)