|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(a) Egg sandwiches.
(b) Processed foods.
(d) Bottled water.
2. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
3. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
4. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
(a) Roller Park.
(b) Berkeley Park.
(c) People's Park.
(d) Garden Park.
5. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
2. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
3. Pollan thinks that if stores had to include __________ of how an item was produced, people would change their eating habits.
4. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
5. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)