|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
(a) Hunting license.
(b) His book's deadline.
(c) First meal.
(d) Final meal.
2. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
3. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(b) Movie theater.
4. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
5. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. The alliance between chefs and small farmers is what helps _____________ flourish.
2. The family _______, one of the remaining parts of America's food culture, is in decline, according to Pollan.
3. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
4. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
5. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)