|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
2. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
3. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
(c) Local farmer.
4. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
5. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
2. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
3. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
4. Pairing raw fish with _______ makes sense as this condiment had antibacterial properties.
5. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)