|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
2. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
3. ________ help pair foods that complement one another not just in flavor, but in use as well.
(b) Medicine men.
(c) Meal plans.
4. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
(b) Richard's Organic Foods.
(c) Whole Foods.
(d) Trader Joe's.
5. _________ changed the way that humans ate, and put humans at the top of the food chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan argues that ______ should be the basis for a new revolution, since it is what sustains and helps define culture.
2. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
3. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
4. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
5. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)