|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
2. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
(a) Milk a cow.
(b) Make hay.
(c) Add fertilizer.
(d) Weed the land.
3. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
4. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
(d) Nursing homes.
5. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
2. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
3. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
4. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
5. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)