|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
2. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(b) Movie theater.
3. __________ is another tool that humans use to decide if a food is good to eat, which helps to avoid foods that smell rotten.
4. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) High fructose corn syrup.
(b) Corn oil.
(c) Artificial sweeteners.
5. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
(a) Richard's Organic Foods.
(c) Whole Foods.
(d) Trader Joe's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
2. It is not uncommon today to have all family members eating ___________ at different times.
3. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
4. Pollan notes that one of the lessons of hunting for food is _________, and of the relationships between man and food.
5. What does Bev deal in that is causing him a lot of financial problems?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)