|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
2. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
(b) Fossil fuels.
(c) Solar power.
3. Depending on how the animals were ________, different foods can contain different amounts of omega fatty acids.
4. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
5. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overcoming human senses had sometimes been vital, as in the case of bitter ______________.
2. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
3. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
4. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
5. Store purchased foods, according to Salatin, do not take into consideration environmental and health ________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)