|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
2. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
(d) Wood chips.
3. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. Pollan argues that ______ should be the basis for a new revolution, since it is what sustains and helps define culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is not uncommon today to have all family members eating ___________ at different times.
2. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
3. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
4. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
5. The family _______, one of the remaining parts of America's food culture, is in decline, according to Pollan.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)