|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
2. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
3. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
4. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
5. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
2. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
3. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)