|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ help pair foods that complement one another not just in flavor, but in use as well.
(a) Medicine men.
(b) Meal plans.
2. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
3. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Dry dock.
(b) Wet mill.
(c) Dry mill.
(d) Wet substrate.
4. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
5. What is the book that is considered to be the organic grower's bible?
(a) A New View.
(b) Growing with Dirt.
(c) Growing in the Dirt.
(d) An Agricultural Testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
2. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
3. How many ways can a person obtain the foods from Salatin's farm?
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)