|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is another tool that humans use to decide if a food is good to eat, which helps to avoid foods that smell rotten.
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
(a) All free.
(d) All inclusive.
4. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
5. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
2. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
3. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
4. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
5. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)