|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans also overcame their _________ in plants through cooking, grinding, or soaking the foods.
2. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(c) High quality.
3. _________ changed the way that humans ate, and put humans at the top of the food chain.
4. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(b) Native Americans.
(c) No one.
(d) Dutch royalty.
5. Pollan believes that the hunter and gatherer food chain is the most ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
2. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
3. It is not uncommon today to have all family members eating ___________ at different times.
4. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
5. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)