|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
2. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
3. Pollan believes that the hunter and gatherer food chain is the most ___________.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
2. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
3. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
4. What is a sign that the food is something that should not be eaten again?
5. Overcoming human senses had sometimes been vital, as in the case of bitter ______________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)