|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
2. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
3. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
4. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
(a) Roller Park.
(b) Garden Park.
(c) Berkeley Park.
(d) People's Park.
5. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(c) High quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
2. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
3. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
4. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
5. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)