|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
(b) USDA rules.
(d) Government protection.
2. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
(b) All free.
(c) All inclusive.
3. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
4. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
5. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin uses the animals to create a _________ system that also bolsters efficiency on the farm.
2. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
3. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
4. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
5. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)