|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
2. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
3. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
4. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(d) Throw away.
5. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(d) Breakfast cereal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
2. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
3. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
4. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)