|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
2. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(a) Breakfast cereal.
3. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
4. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
(c) Hard work.
5. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
2. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
3. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)