|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) Artificial sweeteners.
(b) Corn oil.
(d) High fructose corn syrup.
2. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
3. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(b) New Deal.
4. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
2. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
3. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
4. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
5. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)