|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
2. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
3. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
4. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
5. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
2. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
3. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
4. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
5. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)