|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) Corn oil.
(c) Artificial sweeteners.
(d) High fructose corn syrup.
2. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
3. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
4. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
5. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
2. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
3. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
4. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
5. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)