|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
(a) Corn husks.
(b) Corn meal.
(c) Corn mallow.
(d) Corn starch.
2. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
(a) Neighboring farmers.
(b) Big box stores.
(c) Feed lots.
3. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
4. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
5. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
(b) Organic yogurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
2. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
5. Salatin points out that being ________ doesn't necessarily mean that a farm is also going to be sustainable.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)