|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
(a) People's Park.
(b) Berkeley Park.
(c) Garden Park.
(d) Roller Park.
2. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(a) New Deal.
3. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
4. Salatin points out that being ________ doesn't necessarily mean that a farm is also going to be sustainable.
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
2. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
3. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
4. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
5. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)