|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(c) New Deal.
2. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(a) Breakfast cereal.
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet substrate.
(b) Dry mill.
(c) Wet mill.
(d) Dry dock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
2. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
3. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)