|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
2. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
3. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
(a) Richard's Organic Foods.
(c) Whole Foods.
(d) Trader Joe's.
4. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
5. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
3. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
4. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
5. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)