|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(c) High quality.
2. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
3. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
4. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
(b) Fossil fuels.
(c) Solar power.
5. What is the book that is considered to be the organic grower's bible?
(a) An Agricultural Testament.
(b) Growing with Dirt.
(c) A New View.
(d) Growing in the Dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
2. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
3. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
4. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
5. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)