|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
(a) Ed Burrow.
(b) Earl Butz.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Gerald Ford.
2. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(d) New Deal.
3. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
(b) Richard's Organic Foods.
(c) Whole Foods.
(d) Trader Joe's.
4. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
5. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Change the names of.
(c) Add contests to.
(d) Add nutrients.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
2. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
3. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
4. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
5. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)