|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
2. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
3. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Dry mill.
(b) Wet substrate.
(c) Wet mill.
(d) Dry dock.
4. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
5. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
2. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
3. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
4. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
5. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)