|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
2. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
3. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
4. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) High fructose corn syrup.
(c) Corn oil.
(d) Artificial sweeteners.
5. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
2. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
3. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
4. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
5. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)