|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(a) New Deal.
2. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
(a) Bigger breasts.
(b) Lower quality.
(c) Higher price.
(d) Smaller size.
3. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
4. Salatin points out that being ________ doesn't necessarily mean that a farm is also going to be sustainable.
5. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(d) Movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
2. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
3. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
4. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
5. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)