|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
2. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
(a) Government protection.
(c) USDA rules.
3. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
4. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
5. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(d) New Deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
2. What is the book that is considered to be the organic grower's bible?
3. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
4. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
5. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)