|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
2. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(b) High quality.
3. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
4. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(a) No one.
(b) Dutch royalty.
(d) Native Americans.
5. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
2. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
3. What is the book that is considered to be the organic grower's bible?
4. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
5. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)