|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
2. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
3. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
4. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
5. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
Short Answer Questions
1. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
2. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
3. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
4. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
5. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)