|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
2. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
3. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
4. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
5. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(c) New Deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
2. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
3. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
4. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
5. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)