|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
2. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
3. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
(a) Add fertilizer.
(b) Milk a cow.
(c) Make hay.
(d) Weed the land.
4. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
5. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
2. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
3. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
4. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
5. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)