|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(d) Throw away.
2. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
(b) Hard work.
3. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
4. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
5. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
2. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
3. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
4. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)