|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
2. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
3. Gene Kahn is the founder of ______ Farm, which is a giant organic company that uses industrial methods.
4. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
5. What is the book that is considered to be the organic grower's bible?
(a) Growing with Dirt.
(b) An Agricultural Testament.
(c) A New View.
(d) Growing in the Dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
2. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
3. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
4. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
5. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)