|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
2. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
3. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
(b) Season cycle.
(c) World view.
4. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
5. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
3. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
4. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
5. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)