|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
(d) Organic blends.
2. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
3. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
4. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
5. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
2. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
3. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
4. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
5. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)