|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
2. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
3. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
(a) Fossil fuels.
(c) Solar power.
4. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
5. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
2. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
3. Salatin points out that being ________ doesn't necessarily mean that a farm is also going to be sustainable.
4. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
5. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)