|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(c) High quality.
2. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet substrate.
(b) Dry dock.
(c) Dry mill.
(d) Wet mill.
3. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
4. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
5. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
Short Answer Questions
1. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
2. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
3. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
4. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
5. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)