|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
2. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
3. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
4. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
5. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
2. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
3. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
4. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
5. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)