|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
2. Gene Kahn is the founder of ______ Farm, which is a giant organic company that uses industrial methods.
3. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
4. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
5. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
2. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
3. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
4. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)