|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
2. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
3. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
4. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(c) Government help.
5. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(a) Movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
2. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
3. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
4. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
5. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)