|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
3. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(c) Government help.
4. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
2. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
3. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
4. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
5. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)