|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
2. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(c) Movie theater.
3. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
4. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
5. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
(c) Organic blends.
Short Answer Questions
1. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
2. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
3. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
4. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
5. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)