|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
(b) Fossil fuels.
(d) Solar power.
2. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
3. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
4. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(b) New Deal.
5. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
(a) Organic blends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin points out that being ________ doesn't necessarily mean that a farm is also going to be sustainable.
2. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
3. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)