|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
2. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
3. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
4. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
4. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
5. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)