|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
2. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
3. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
4. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
5. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
2. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
3. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
4. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
5. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)