|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
2. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
3. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
4. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(b) New Deal.
5. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
(a) People's Park.
(b) Roller Park.
(c) Berkeley Park.
(d) Garden Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
2. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
3. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
4. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)