|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
2. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
(b) Richard's Organic Foods.
(c) Whole Foods.
(d) Trader Joe's.
3. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
4. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
(b) Fossil fuels.
(d) Solar power.
5. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
2. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
3. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
4. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
5. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)