|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(d) Government help.
2. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
3. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(b) Egg sandwiches.
(c) Processed foods.
(d) Bottled water.
4. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
(a) Earl Butz.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) Ed Burrow.
(d) Gerald Ford.
5. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
3. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
4. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)