|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
2. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The dairy market.
(b) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(c) The industrial chain.
(d) The organic chain.
3. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
4. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
5. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
(b) Solar power.
(c) Fossil fuels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gene Kahn is the founder of ______ Farm, which is a giant organic company that uses industrial methods.
2. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
3. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
4. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
5. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)