|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
2. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
3. Gene Kahn is the founder of ______ Farm, which is a giant organic company that uses industrial methods.
4. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
5. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
2. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
3. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
4. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
5. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)