|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
(a) Richard's Organic Foods.
(b) Whole Foods.
(d) Trader Joe's.
2. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
3. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
(b) All free.
(d) All inclusive.
4. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The industrial chain.
(b) The dairy market.
(c) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(d) The organic chain.
5. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
2. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
3. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
4. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
5. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)