|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
(a) Corn starch.
(b) Corn meal.
(c) Corn husks.
(d) Corn mallow.
2. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
3. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(b) Dutch royalty.
(c) Native Americans.
(d) No one.
4. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(a) Breakfast cereal.
5. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
2. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
3. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
4. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
5. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)