|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
2. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(a) Dutch royalty.
(b) Native Americans.
(c) No one.
3. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(d) Throw away.
4. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Dry dock.
(b) Dry mill.
(c) Wet mill.
(d) Wet substrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
2. What is the name of the farm that Salatin runs?
3. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
4. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
5. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)