|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the book that is considered to be the organic grower's bible?
(a) A New View.
(b) An Agricultural Testament.
(c) Growing in the Dirt.
(d) Growing with Dirt.
2. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
3. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(a) Baking soda.
4. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
(a) Organic yogurt.
5. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
2. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
3. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)