|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Add contests to.
(b) Change the names of.
(c) Add nutrients.
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(b) Burger King.
(d) Taco Bell.
3. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
4. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(d) Movie theater.
5. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(b) High quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
2. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
3. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
4. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
5. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)