|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
2. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
3. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(b) Baking soda.
4. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
5. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
2. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
3. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
4. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
5. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)