|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
2. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
3. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The industrial chain.
(b) The dairy market.
(c) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(d) The organic chain.
4. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(d) Government help.
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
2. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
3. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
4. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
5. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)