|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Add contests to.
(c) Change the names of.
(d) Add nutrients.
2. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
3. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
4. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
5. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
Short Answer Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
3. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
4. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
5. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)