|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(b) Movie theater.
2. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(c) Government help.
3. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
3. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
4. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
5. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)