|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
2. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(b) Baking soda.
3. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
4. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(b) Bottled water.
(c) Processed foods.
(d) Egg sandwiches.
5. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
2. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
3. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
4. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
5. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)