|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(b) Government help.
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
5. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(a) Movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
2. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
3. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
4. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
5. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)