|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
2. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
3. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
4. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
5. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)