|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
2. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(b) Baking soda.
3. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
4. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
5. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
2. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
3. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
4. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
5. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)