|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
2. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The organic chain.
(b) The dairy market.
(c) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(d) The industrial chain.
3. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(c) Baking soda.
4. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
5. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
2. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
3. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
4. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)