|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
2. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
3. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
4. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(c) New Deal.
5. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
2. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
3. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
4. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
5. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)