|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
3. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
4. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
5. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
(b) Solar power.
(d) Fossil fuels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
3. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
4. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
5. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)