|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The organic chain.
(b) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(c) The dairy market.
(d) The industrial chain.
2. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
3. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Change the names of.
(b) Add contests to.
(c) Add nutrients.
4. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
5. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
2. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
3. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)