|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(a) Bottled water.
(b) Egg sandwiches.
(d) Processed foods.
3. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
4. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(c) Burger King.
(d) Taco Bell.
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
2. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
3. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)