|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
2. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
3. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(b) Government help.
4. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
5. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
2. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
3. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
4. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
5. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)