|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(a) No one.
(b) Dutch royalty.
(c) Native Americans.
2. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
3. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
4. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet mill.
(b) Wet substrate.
(c) Dry dock.
(d) Dry mill.
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
2. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
3. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
4. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
5. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)