|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
2. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
3. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Add nutrients.
(b) Add contests to.
(c) Change the names of.
4. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(c) Breakfast cereal.
5. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
2. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
3. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
4. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
5. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)