|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(c) Taco Bell.
(d) Burger King.
2. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(a) New Deal.
3. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(a) Processed foods.
(b) Egg sandwiches.
(c) Bottled water.
4. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
5. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
2. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
3. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
4. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
5. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)