|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
2. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
3. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(c) Breakfast cereal.
4. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(c) New Deal.
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
2. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
3. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
4. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
5. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)