|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(c) Burger King.
(d) Taco Bell.
3. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
(b) Oil wells.
(c) Food supplies.
4. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
5. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(a) Processed foods.
(c) Bottled water.
(d) Egg sandwiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
2. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
3. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
4. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
5. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)