|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
2. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
3. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
4. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
5. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
Short Answer Questions
1. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
2. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
3. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
4. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
5. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)