|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(a) Burger King.
(c) Taco Bell.
2. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(c) Government help.
3. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(b) No one.
(c) Dutch royalty.
(d) Native Americans.
4. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
5. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
2. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
3. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
4. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
5. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)