Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
2. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
(d) Nursing homes.
3. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
4. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
5. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
Short Answer Questions
1. The local food movement doesn't have to combat ___________; it simply offers an alternative, according to Pollan.
2. Store purchased foods, according to Salatin, do not take into consideration environmental and health ________.
3. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
4. Pollan sees some mushrooms which he believes to be ___________, though he is not sure enough to eat them.
5. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)